Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Complete opposite for me, my offtank(drood) cant keep aggro on me for shit...its annoying...
    And he's not a bad bear at all, even after the growl hotfix its quite frustrating
    Which is funny because my druid can keep threat from me as a paladin.

Hate to break it to you, but your druid is not playing correctly or his item level is 450.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Which is funny because my druid can keep threat from me as a paladin.

Hate to break it to you, but your druid is not playing correctly or his item level is 450.
    Tbh, i've never questioned his skill, he does everything else correct. his dps has been lacking abit but i'm a vengeance hog, contributed it to that.
    i've never played drood of any spec so cant say much besides that he's stacking crit at least.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-05-17 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, i've never questioned his skill, he does everything else correct. his dps has been lacking abit but i'm a vengeance hog, contributed it to that.
    i've never played drood of any spec so cant say much besides that he's stacking crit at least.
    Turn off RF when he's tanking. I found that the best solution since I tend to rip agro from my druid co-tank during early stages of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Turn off RF when he's tanking. I found that the best solution since I tend to rip agro from my druid co-tank during early stages of the fight.
    I main a warrior, going battle stance just sucks, since i cant generate rage

Deleted
    I main a warrior, going battle stance just sucks, since i cant generate rage
    Wait, so your Guardian co. tank can't hold threat from a Warrior tank? Sorry, but he's doing something very wrong or you outgear him by miles. No way in hell a Guardian should struggle to hold threat from a Warrior lol.

Deleted
    You guys are ruining my friday lol ;(
    He's the best cotank i've had in a long time, he outgear me by 2 ilvls, tho i tend to use dps meta where he mostly uses tank.

You guys are ruining my friday lol ;(
    He's the best cotank i've had in a long time, he outgear me by 2 ilvls, tho i tend to use dps meta where he mostly uses tank.
    Ouch. He missed out on the "bugged" meta proc for Guardian Fixed now, but still miles better than tanking for 10man.

And you can be good at positioning but suck at damage/threat. Is he using DPS cooldowns appropriately? His damage should be miles ahead of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I met several tanks who are great at positioning, surviving, using cooldowns etc, however they are terrible at doing their rotation.
    Like, he can be a 10/10 tank in all aspects, except dps and threat generation. Maybe that is also why he is good? Because he is ignoring the dps part of his tanking job.

Very possible he is a good tank. However to be a great tank you also need to dps well.

There are examples on this even in top tier guilds. Just as an example fraggoji from paragon when he used to play protection paladin. He probably used his defensive cooldowns well, positioned himself well, moved from shit, but his rotation was abysmal.
    Like watching this video from his PoV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1GVEa8VyaI
    made me shiver being a prot paladin myself seeing spell usage that bad. I can understand why he rerolled.

Point is, some tanks can be awesome tanks but terrible at dpsing as a tank. When a a tank your jobs are.

Survive
    DPS
    Position yourself
    Help raid and cotank as much as you can with cds and stuff
    Pick up mobs

Being 1/10 in DPS and 10/10 in the other categories you can still seem like a great tank, but you can notice it when a tank loses aggro that he is not 100% sure what he is doing. And as said before, one of the reason a tank can seem good is that is completely ignoring his rotation responsbilites allowing him more effort to focus into the other parts. Its easier to joggle 4 balls than 5.