Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It makes me chuckle that people bitch about "prot" palas but its not the pala its the BoP (as others have said) that allows certain mechanics to be cheesed.

Also, battlehealer is pretty insignificant. If you want to look at big raidheals from a prot pala its holy prism / lights hammer that they come from. Other people have dealt with the self heals. They aren't out of proportion when it comes to mitigation. DK's bloodshields do more etcetc.

Put it this way, one class has to be best at a point in time, at the moment its paladins. I'm not sure I agree with the statement that they've been top of the pile for ages. In DS it was get a DK or gtfo. I'm sure theres other similar examples.

Finally, why not ask for other classes to be boosted to be more fun and engaging? Prot palas are fun to play, I've mained one since FL and I'm enjoying it now more than ever. Tanking is a role thats hard to fill, I don't find it a bad thing they've made it somewhat fun.

You should have probably posted this in the Paladin forums if you wanted a serious discussion

Deleted
    Look at all the prot paladins being offended lol. There hasn't been such an OP tank since TBC. Its ridiculous how much they heal and i am clueless why they would even want BoP to remove any tank debuffs. Nerf them, nerf them hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Look at all the prot paladins being offended lol. There hasn't been such an OP tank since TBC. Its ridiculous how much they heal and i am clueless why they would even want BoP to remove any tank debuffs. Nerf them, nerf them hard.
    Thats a very productive post. Care to point out any post where anyone has been offended? All I see are decently reasoned explanations. The only butthurt I see is your post because whatever you play isn't top of the tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I think not only prot palas, but all the tanks should have their ridiculous raid healing abilities removed.
    You know, we have roles in this game for a reason. And it is not very funny when tank role contributes 40-45% of the damage dealer and 40-45+% of a healer. Let all roles do their job, please. If you need tanks to do raid saves, let them have raid-wide "minus XX% damage" cooldown, but please, stop that nonsence with tanks healing raid and damaging like a damage dealers. Please.
    If Blizzard went back to "stand in front of boss and keep aggro" it would be the most stupid thing they could ever do. Tanking in TBC and ICC was a snoozefest, on Loatheb (Naxx) I even went AFK once everyone had the buff because there was nothing else to do since no one did any threat. Oh, and on Blood Queen I was reading on forums and watching videos on YouTube until air phase. Very exciting stuff.

For once it's actually engaging to tank, because not only do you need to think about your aggro, you need to think about your damage, healing and raid utility. Paying that extra attention to trinket procs and timing DPS cooldowns with Hero and pots actually matters now, it makes a difference. How can that be wrong?

We're not here to "take your jobs", what has happened is that Blizzard has given us a larger role than before, our performance is much more important now than ever. If you're on top of progression, your damage, healing and raidwide CDs can make or break a fight. How is just standing still and pressing 2 buttons better than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

because not only do you need to think about your aggro, you need to think about your damage, healing and raid utility.
    What exactly does "thinking about aggro & healing" entail, exactly? Healing is almost completely passive and threat is never an issue.

Personally I think tanks are overemphasized in raids right now. Vengeance allows us to match any dps on any fight or handily beat them on most encounters. It makes it fun for us but where's the satisfaction that a rogue gets from doing a perfectly 2cp rupture/fok rotation on 4 targets when the brewmaster is like "lol keg smash" and he does double the damage? How does a healer get enjoyment out of the game when they min/max their cascade/poh/uplift/healing rain etc., sub in a complex aoe healing rotation when the prot pally drops a light's hammer and does 5 million healing with one gcd?

I honestly think vengeance should just be capped at a tenth of the current value, maybe small modifications depending on what difficulty level you're playing at.

Deleted
    Its just bop removing debuffs thats the problem, like ppl are saying. Pala tanks are strong but like 1 person said already its the self healing that making them look good on meters, monks probably do more on a raid?

Deleted
    Sure, all bosses can be done with other tanks, but seriously. Most of the top 25man guilds use paladin tank. 9/10 top10 10man guilds uses paladin tank, the one that didn't was the 10th ranked. It's just too powerful. Tops the damage on most encounters and have sick self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    This is how it feels like playing with a Paladin tank, srsly
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/09/le...s-gets-vengea/

Except you fail to realize that Vengeance was nerfed so that was no longer possible for characters to do. While still receiving a lot of vengeance it's still capped so level 80 players can't do that anymore. The same could've probably been done by a Blood DK too, but hard to tell since most level theirs up instead of trying to do things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Am I the only one thats finding this teir to be a huge cock block if you dont have a palading tank?

So many fights are completely changed, and made 10x easier if you have a prot pala, its becoming such a joke trying to compete with other raid groups just because of this.

For example, Horridon you can completly ignore the tank swap, and the pala will do so much healing hes basically a 3rd tank
    Tortos can be 1 tanked with a prot pala.. again huge healing to the raid
    Megaera can be 1 tanked with a prot pala.. the pala basically does the same healing as an actual healer (lol)
    Durumu can be 1 tanked 2 healed with the use of bops and again... stupidly high raid healing.
    Iron Qon once again can be 1 tanked with bops and extra raid healing.

Am I completely missing something? Are prot palas really not what they seem? Why havnt blizzard nerfed them yet?

I feel like our 522 prot warrior should just re-roll to his 500 ilvl prot paladin and probably be a way better tank, then we can cheese all the encounters like every other guild.
    It's a shame you have no clue what you're talking about. : /
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    I also rolled from Warrior tank to Paladin tank, and loving it. There was a good topic going on about this with blue responses like week ago. Biggest ++ I found was the suggestion to give all tanking classes 1 secondary stat that would boost their survivability/raidhealing/damage (like haste does for Paladins). It will most likely happen for 6.0, until then, I do not know what Blizzard will do to warriors and DK:s who suffer most gear wise, no secondary stat boosts their dps and survivability at the same time, making insane scaling actually impossible. Druids and Monks are already kind of getting that treatment as crit/haste is not totally wasted, actually preferred. You know what I mean if you tank with various tanking classes, its a hard thing to fix during this expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc940b0cf7f8; 2013-04-30 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    What exactly does "thinking about aggro & healing" entail, exactly? Healing is almost completely passive and threat is never an issue.

Personally I think tanks are overemphasized in raids right now. Vengeance allows us to match any dps on any fight or handily beat them on most encounters. It makes it fun for us but where's the satisfaction that a rogue gets from doing a perfectly 2cp rupture/fok rotation on 4 targets when the brewmaster is like "lol keg smash" and he does double the damage? How does a healer get enjoyment out of the game when they min/max their cascade/poh/uplift/healing rain etc., sub in a complex aoe healing rotation when the prot pally drops a light's hammer and does 5 million healing with one gcd?

I honestly think vengeance should just be capped at a tenth of the current value, maybe small modifications depending on what difficulty level you're playing at.
    I have to agree with that. Vengeance is, IMO, the worst thing to happen to tanks, but then I've always been a big advocate of threat as something a tank needs to pay attention to. It's a mathy, crappy, passive thing that pisses everyone off except whatever tank is currently tanking the boss. The fact it went completely out of hand - when people complained about tank damage they said it'll all be better when everyone had gear, well, it only got worse - just makes it worse. I tank, too, (a paladin actually), but it's a pain in the ass now. There's no chance for me to be productive if the other tank has had aggro before me because vengeance will make him OP in every single way, dps, healing, threat, everything. There's no skill involved in any of that either, nothing. Everything of that is passive, the healing done, damage done, threat done, it's a passive thing, some number that just magically happens as long as a mob is beating on you. I want to build threat, I want to hold it, and I want to not keep my taunt on CD just in a feeble attempt to save the other tank from dying because he doesn't stop DPSing the mob with 200 stacks.

I have nothing against active mitigation. I like it a lot, though it makes healing boring if you have good tanks. But I just don't see why vengeance is needed. Especially now that Blizzard seems to move in a "dps stat" direction for tanks, and less to "parry/dodge", I just wish they'd drop the crap vengeance, let us achieve any healing and dps through our *own* skill and not through that of a passive mechanic in an attempt to fix a problem that really never was a problem (threat at higher gear levels.. Come on. I was there in a serious and competitive guild and threat was a factor but not such a hindrance that it justified such a dramatic solution as "vengeance").

Tanks this tier
    10 man Monk>paladin>warrior>bear=dk
    25 man Paladin>monk>warrior>bear=dk

monk's 50k+ dps more than any other tank in 10 man makes them the strongest tanks since alot of progresion fights are tough dps checks. Lei shen for example US first kill by Nightmare Asylum was Double monk tank. Paladins however are still the strongest overall tank. We need buffs to the other 3 not so much nerfs. The battle healer nerf was a sign that haste will not be nerfed since it was nerfed in anticipation of us hitting 15-20k+ haste next tier. so we will see how it goes. But I fully agree that the other 3 non monk non paladin should be nerfed.

I don't think its necessary to nerf HoP if other classes had similar utility, even if it was limited to tank specs. Personally from a DK PoV I do wish I had any raid utility, and no bloodworms and their 80%+ overheal don't count. for personal utility if Purgatory wiped all my debuffs I would consider that even steven for HoP.

@Cirque: Honestly blizzard hasn't decided what they want from tanks beyond surviving and it shows with things like dodge/parry being terrible for most tanks but being put in high numbers on our gear to avoid certain levels of secondary stats (mostly a plate tank issue), constant mastery tweaks, and utility across the tanks being all over the place.
    With that I would love to see veng. reworked, but to do so tanks would need a rather large base damage increase which would wreck PvP, so I doubt it will happen.
    Last edited by matthias9742; 2013-04-30 at 01:39 AM.

If you don't think prot pallies are overpowered, you're not a heroic progression raider.

And if you think that prot pallies aren't extremely overpowered, you're not a 10 man heroic progression raider.

Deleted
    I just think there shouldn't be as many debuffs that can be removed by HoP at the moment. Other than that, paladins are fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    If you don't think prot pallies are overpowered, you're not a heroic progression raider.

And if you think that prot pallies aren't extremely overpowered, you're not a 10 man heroic progression raider.
    +1

//10m warrior tank

Deleted
    I've long though Vengeance is the dumbest thing they did to tanks since WoW's release. 90% of what makes Prot Pallies OP is simply due to Vengeance scaling of their heals. All the rest is HoP which is available to all Paladins and has been around since vanilla, it has nothing to do with this spec and isn't OP unless Blizzard deliberately lets it affect specific boss debuffs.

i believe im the only Prot pally on my server that has gone past council other than my guildie. Casuals struggle with the prot haste build. Even my guildie is complete trash at the haste build and uses a mastery build. Its what Choice said, nerfing will destroy most casuals.
    Rubert from Anvilmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubert View Post
    i believe im the only Prot pally on my server that has gone past council other than my guildie. Casuals struggle with the prot haste build. Even my guildie is complete trash at the haste build and uses a mastery build. Its what Choice said, nerfing will destroy most casuals.
    Rubert from Anvilmar.
    I'm sorry, but how is someone trash at a haste build? There's really nothing different from a haste build than a mastery build. The only main difference is that you are generating Holy Power quicker and thus have quicker "control" over things.

Reason most "casuals" other other new players don't use the haste build is that they are still under the understanding that Dodge/Parry are the tank stats and believe haste is a dps stat. I still half the players of other classes saying anyone with any stat other than dodge/parry on a paladin is bad and should be booted as they will cause issues.