3s with 2 healers?

Since Lich King I've played almost all my arenas with the same spriest. We've had a couple healers over that time. Our current healer is a mistweaver reroll without much historical pvp experience, but she's well proven absolutely top notch in pve. The skillsets aren't the exact same, but that should be ok.
    This has proven a pretty brutal expac to bring her into arenas, as she's basically sitting in CCs a preposterous amount of time.

What was recently proposed was, the priest goes disc, and we two heal it. In past seasons, double healer / rogue has been pretty poor. Even in seasons with rogues very strong, it's simply not normally a class with the required uptime and sustained damage to wail away a mana pool, and the burst is normally counterable with CC. But this season, we do see some high rated double healer / rogue comps- the healers in question I believe are disc priest and resto shaman. A monk is obviously not ideal, but that's Blizzard's problem IMO.

So here's my questions:

1)- Should I even try this? Keep in mind, our current comp is sub / spriest / mist, so the question is mostly "is this better".
    2)- If we do, how do we score kills? Do I save blades for an opponent who has no defensive cools left and cloak to prevent peels, or do I use blades to GET the cools, and make the kill with just dance?
    3)- Is anyone here running double healer 3s and has advice? In all my years of playing, the only time I did double healer 3s was on my rdruid alt in like LK, and that was with a warrior DPS.
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-04-30 at 12:15 AM.

I'm not even going to pretend to be an expert in pvp (I am very far from it and openly admit that so take this with a boulder of salt), but it just doesn't seem like it will work to me. I think the priest is better off staying shadow.

It worked with DKs and rogues in Cata during their broken OP period, but 2 healers doesn't work, purely due to lack of damage to kill anything. An enemy healer can keep up any teammate if there's only 1 dps pounding away at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Since Lich King I've played almost all my arenas with the same spriest. We've had a couple healers over that time. Our current healer is a mistweaver reroll without much historical pvp experience, but she's well proven absolutely top notch in pve. The skillsets aren't the exact same, but that should be ok.
    This has proven a pretty brutal expac to bring her into arenas, as she's basically sitting in CCs a preposterous amount of time.

What was recently proposed was, the priest goes disc, and we two heal it. In past seasons, double healer / rogue has been pretty poor. Even in seasons with rogues very strong, it's simply not normally a class with the required uptime and sustained damage to wail away a mana pool, and the burst is normally counterable with CC. But this season, we do see some high rated double healer / rogue comps- the healers in question I believe are disc priest and resto shaman. A monk is obviously not ideal, but that's Blizzard's problem IMO.

So here's my questions:

1)- Should I even try this? Keep in mind, our current comp is sub / spriest / mist, so the question is mostly "is this better".
    2)- If we do, how do we score kills? Do I save blades for an opponent who has no defensive cools left and cloak to prevent peels, or do I use blades to GET the cools, and make the kill with just dance?
    3)- Is anyone here running double healer 3s and has advice? In all my years of playing, the only time I did double healer 3s was on my rdruid alt in like LK, and that was with a warrior DPS.
    Id keep the shadow priest for the additional pressure.

However, if they were to go disc and atonement healer with a fistweaver healer (which kind of sucks in pvp), you wouldn't lose too to much damage. It would then come down to control and how good of a rogue you are.

Last time I've seen double healer was probably warrior+2healers in tbc I think? Maybe wotlk. I don't remember.

I just don't see double healers working right now.

Honestly I dont think it will work. Rogues dont put out much pressure except during dance which can be easily countered since the opposing team knows thats where the problem is. Double healer only really works with an unholy dk right now preferably with the shadowpan trinket because dks put out so much global aoe pressure ALL THE TIME. I ran it with a disc/rsham and it is pretty ridiculous how much solo pressure a dk can put out, but a rogue is not a dk. Your priest and monk wont have time to deal damage since they will be bombing heals all game and ccing, it may work at low ratings but honestly I just cant see it.

Spriest/rogue/healer is significantly better because your priest as disc is going to get trained into the ground and you as a rogue will be stuck doing nothing until your dance is back up. Spriest rogue is a more difficult comp to play but is very viable, even with a MW.

Spriest/Rogue/Healer is absurdly strong, double healer simply doesn't work like it used to.

The last time double healer worked was in 5.0 with RDruid/HPal/Frost Mage, but that only worked because Mages were broken and could kill someone in a 4 second stun, which no class can do anymore.

There's really no way double healer will work now unless you're fighting either a triple DPS team, or a really bad healer team. Any half decent healer will be able to heal through 1 DPS every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There's really no way double healer will work now unless you're fighting either a triple DPS team, or a really bad healer team. Any half decent healer will be able to heal through 1 DPS every single time.
    You clearly havent seen dks with the shadow-pan trinket. When I played double-healer for shits at 1900-2k rating I could either land a kill or oom healers within 3 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 Mistweavers and a hunter, mistweavers can actually put out some damage.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to happen. Atleast not with a Rogue.

Honestly, it all depends on the skill of the players. Double heals usually works best with a strong consistent damage class like Warrior or DK. But, with enough practice and coordination any smart dps class that is fully aware of his surroundings/cd usage/placement should have some chance (while other classes with the same prerequisites may do better).

But, like others were saying if the other heals can put out good dps/cc as well it may be viable. If you are more comfortable with running 2 dps / 1 healer and the MW monk isn't doing it for you... Just replace him and get someone who can do the job. Rogue/Spriest/Healer is pretty strong at the moment and do well against a wide variety of comps.