Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    Perhaps my opponents did something wrong then. Usually the hunters scatter -> trap the healer and stun -> stampede -> silence their kill target.
    When they have to use their stun on the healer now, it will be easier for the kill target to cc the stampede.
    Well that will be what will be happening in 5.3 as far as setting up for a trap. dissengage root then trap or pet sleep/stun into trap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Well that will be what will be happening in 5.3 as far as setting up for a trap. dissengage root then trap or pet sleep/stun into trap
    Forcing a disengage to trap is a bit overboard :/ Will be sad if it comes to that, which it looks like it will.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 01:59 AM ----------

Ghostcrawler has apparently tweeted that they are thinking of reverting this nerf, so I've heard on Braindeadly's stream.

"5.3 hunter: Considering reverting the DR change on Scatter Shot but might nerf hunter pet CC cooldowns instead."
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-05-03 at 01:01 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    #1: That implies everyone has rot disengage. While they should, Blizzard has stated explicitly that that is NOT their design goal.

Edit: Also then have fun when the DK grips you and you can't even wait 3 seconds and gap open, he just rams your face off with obliterates.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should take it off readiness if they revert the nerf and put pet CCs on DR. The readiness CC chain is a real problem. I'd just remove readiness, but Blizzard seems to be a bunch of scared cunts when it comes to big changing nerfs to classes that arent warriors.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    5.3 hunter: Considering reverting the DR change on Scatter Shot but might nerf hunter pet CC cooldowns instead.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    5.3 hunter: Considering reverting the DR change on Scatter Shot but might nerf hunter pet CC cooldowns instead.
    As they should. Scatter is the ability hunters have always used to set up trap. Crane sleep, monkey blind and web wrap have only been in the game since Cata at the earliest and those are the abilities that make hunter CC over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    now its a matter of not making pets useless if they do plan to nerd pet cc cooldowns

now its a matter of not making pets useless if they do plan to nerd pet cc cooldowns
    Pets are far from useless. Spiders have web, core hounds have the cast slow debuff (mind numbing poison basically), spirit beasts have spirit mend, and all pets have roar of sac. So even if the pet CC abilities are completely removed pets will still be invaluable for hunters in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very true dont get me wrong. Should of rephrased myself and made it more specific meaning. Lets hope they dont make pet cc completely useless

I wouldn't mind if they did. Scatter/trap/silence is nice enough on its own, plus scatter has its own limitations (20 yd range, targets don't always end up trapped, etc) so it's not like it's perfect. Being able to use a crane to bypass those limitations and add even more CC to your chain is what's retarded. Plus, the way pets are now it stops us from being creative with our pet choices because seriously, you'd have to be an idiot not to take the pet with an extra CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they did. Scatter/trap/silence is nice enough on its own, plus scatter has its own limitations (20 yd range, targets don't always end up trapped, etc) so it's not like it's perfect. Being able to use a crane to bypass those limitations and add even more CC to your chain is what's retarded. Plus, the way pets are now it stops us from being creative with our pet choices because seriously, you'd have to be an idiot not to take the pet with an extra CC.
    Hunters are basically shoe horned into using Spider, Crane, and Monkey. I dont particularly mind per-se. There is the nether ray that does a interupt, sporebat(lol) casting speed slow, alot of other options but hunter pet cc is damn near nessesary.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Still not the right change, IMO. They said hunter readiness CC is too strong, so they should have taken CC off of readiness. That plus the Intimidation removal would have been a pretty hefty hit to hunter CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    change I can live with. /clap. All in all the hunter "adjustments" dont bother me I can live with the changes.
    So far hunters have:
    10% more ap? Everyone loves more ap
    Blink Strike reworked so that hunter pets have more uptime coupled with more AP? /thumbs up
    30% special ability reduction from being bm that pets get is okay with me

PS mages to the ground please? *puppy eyes*

@CaptUntsAhts where did you read this out of curiosity?

As they should. Scatter is the ability hunters have always used to set up trap. Crane sleep, monkey blind and web wrap have only been in the game since Cata at the earliest and those are the abilities that make hunter CC over the top.
    NOT. Scatter is the ability hunters have always used to gain distance because they couldn't do anything when their target was in melee. That's no longer the case. Scatter only acts now as an extra CC amongst already enough CCs for a single class. Don't you dare forget that trapping was initially something based on your positioning, now you can launch them. Scatter-trap combo takes no skill because it's an assured instant CC on a short CD. Scatter altogether should be removed since it lost its initial purpose, which was to move out of melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    NOT. Scatter is the ability hunters have always used to gain distance because they couldn't do anything when their target was in melee. That's no longer the case. Scatter only acts now as an extra CC amongst already enough CCs for a single class. Don't you dare forget that trapping was initially something based on your positioning, now you can launch them. Scatter-trap combo takes no skill because it's an assured instant CC on a short CD. Scatter altogether should be removed since it lost its initial purpose, which was to move out of melee range.
    You should bring that idea straight to Blizz. They listen to rational, well thought out ideas now. Which is clearly what your post is.

You should bring that idea straight to Blizz. They listen to rational, well thought out ideas now. Which is clearly what your post is.
    Or the lot of you should stop complaining? You forgot your sarcasm on, not good on the internet.

Or the lot of you should stop complaining? You forgot your sarcasm on, not good on the internet.
    I was never complaining. I was bringing a better idea to the table. In fact, my idea was so awesome that Blizz reverted the scatter/trap DR nerf and increased the cooldown on pet CC, which is exactly what I suggested in this thread (and many others).

I was never complaining. I was bringing a better idea to the table. In fact, my idea was so awesome that Blizz reverted the scatter/trap DR nerf and increased the cooldown on pet CC, which is exactly what I suggested in this thread (and many others).
    Then why did you feel the need to reply when I corrected you?

Then why did you feel the need to reply when I corrected you?
    You didn't "correct" me. You implied that scatter wasn't used for traps back in BC when there was no trap launcher/freezing arrow, and that's just wrong. I just didn't feel the need to get into an argument over petty details with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.