So I have an alt and I can't figure out what I want it to be. here's my toons all within 85-90 and their professions

Paladin Mining-JC
Mage Tailo - Enchant
priest herb - alchemy
Rogue Mining - Engineer
Warrior Skinning - Enchanting
Warlock Tailo - inscription
Hunter Skinning - Leather
shaman Skinning - Leather
DK Mining blacksmith

I don't have a Druid. but I'm really wondering what I should do with my monk for professions. I know that monks excel at picking mining and herbs in infested areas with zen flight.

I'm not competitive in anything I stopped raiding, arenaing and ah-ing since cata launched

Might end up playing the monk a lot, its fun. I play mostly paladin, mage, rogue, warrior atm the others I only boost their professions and not their levels.

engineer is nice but I usually end up forgetting my on use stuff that doesn't start with goblin and ends with glider. Its nice for jeeves, mailbox and two moon AH but once you hit 600... feels like its useless for making stuff to put on the ah.

I always loved JC cause its bling bling but also you can cut any gem and have a chance at selling it, I just hate that it usually ends up being bad with epic gems releashed or secondary stat being better. bonus doesn't require activating is a +

leather working I made money on another server with the pvp gear however I find skinning to be required as you need astronomical amount of leather and you always get 1-3 from a corpse only. Skinning is time consuming imo as you can't go by a corpse and not skin it. free leg enchant is nice. bonus doesn't require activating!

BS seems pretty useless at AH stuff outside of belt buckles. free gems socket doesn't need activating but costs money/resource for the extra gems which sucks.

alchemy : benefits are on flask, however I always run without flask. on my priest I used the endless mana potion and flask and thought it was cool. not sure it can be good to make things to sell.

enchanting: its nice to be self sufficient with enchant, but my warrior and mage can both cover my monk on most and soon all enchant needs.

inscription: Glyphs don't sell, gear you can make is now obsolete and usually is each expension after the 2nd patch. Shoulder enchants free is nice.

Tailo: Doesn't sell on the ah, leg enchant free is nice. Making bags and finding more cloth is a +. the bonus cloak enchant doesn't require activating