Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    do they still have those random chances of fucking up?

That's the only drawback to engineering imo
    just the nitro boosts afaik

Engineering's never been this strong. So many AOE fights and the springs are a frontloaded dps cooldown.

Wish more of my raid was engineering >< 17 frag bombing DPS could trivialize a lot of encounters (ie: Heroic Mega adds, Lei Shen Ball Lightning, Consorts adds), woulda made Heroic Sha go a lot faster too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    do they still have those random chances of fucking up?

That's the only drawback to engineering imo
    Synapse springs and the other glove and cloak enchants do not. The belt enchants do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Thats not true, Engineering gives 1920 main stats for 10 seconds per minute (1920/6=320). Other profs give 320 static stats, so, unless you have a fight with a heavy burn phase, engineering will always be behind, because only 0.001% of raiders will use this exactly when it runs of cd.

I didnt mention it in my last post, but tailoring has the biggest bonus for spellcasters. Lightweave emboidery has a 1 min icd, and runs for 15 secs for 2000 extra intellect. So that nets a 500 intellect bonus. This does not make tailoring always the best choice. For one, you can not control the proc, so it can proc when you to to focus on something else then a burn phase. It can also proc during a phase you can not hit any bosses for example. So, although tailoring and engineering look nice (best proc and strong on use for clever players), static stats often provide the highest average dps.
    You couldn't be more wrong, it's laughable. Burst primary stats are almost always, if not always better than static stats. More sure for any class who has CDs that line up w/ it.

but it can be a slight disadvantage on fights where you need to sacrifice a gcd every one minute for synapse springs.
    synapse springs is off the GCD

also, AH at shrine is OP

I could not imagine life without Engi, especially on my main
    Whoops, sig too big

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalfeinn View Post
    I could not imagine life without Engi, especially on my main
    Same goes for me. I even plan to level it on my main alt i am missing it so much. 1min on use agi/str/int on gloves is also amazing.

because only 0.001% of raiders will use this exactly when it runs of cd.
    Guess that makes me rare. Which i know i am not. I macro it into my main attack so it goes off exactly when it run out of CD every time. Every eng in my guild does the same.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-11 at 12:36 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Same goes for me. I even plan to level it on my main alt i am missing it so much. 1min on use agi/str/int on gloves is also amazing.

Guess that makes me rare. Which i know i am not. I macro it into my main attack so it goes off exactly when it run out of CD every time. Every eng in my guild does the same.
    They are probably using it less than ideally than. In most cases it's going to be better to use in tandem w/ 1/3 minute CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielayia View Post
    also, AH at shrine is OP

THIS. This times 800trillion. Having an AH in shrine is OP as all get out. On top of all of the fun stuff that engineering provides. And being the best dps profession for nearly any class. It is absolutely, positively worth it in PvE at the moment, and for any future of WoW at the pattern it's been following. Definitely get it.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoraba View Post
    I litterally could not live without engineering, even on my alts that I don't have it on I think to myself, "Man, I'm in combat and I really don't wanna fight this thing that's chasing me its a waste of my time, Goblin Glider sure would be useful to jump off of this cliff and fly like the world is mine."
    I long ago came up with a simple yet elegant solution for this problem.

All four of my 90's have maxed engineering.

Engineering is one of my favorite things about WoW.

Deleted
    Both the glider and nitro boost both come in really handy and synapse springs is strong. Most fun profession imo.

1 min cd class best prof, ret/WW etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Wiping because someone's nitros blew is very, very annoying.
    one does not simply wipe to rocket fuel leak. thats 10% of life every second which is easily surpassed by smartheals or aoe heals in raid encounters as long as a healer is alive. also you can always use dmg reduction abilities or a healthstone. its obviously more dangerous if you play your character improperly.

OT:
    1. gimmicks
    2. way more than average 320 stats. be it due to cd stacking or simply because it is always more than 320 unless the fight lasts exactly 60s*n which practically never happens as its triggered at the beginning of every minute not at the end.

You should take engineering just to have your raid thank you for Jeeves/ Blingtron :P
    That said, the glider is really useful in some raid encounters and has certainly saved my life a few times on Lei Shen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is a great profession to have along with tailoring and since I'm a mage, I get an extra 6seconds on both every 3 minutes (that's if lightweave procs during cooldown usage). Plus frag belt is a nice cooldown to have when your on a fight with lots of adds that need to be burned quickly, it can crit hit for 70k+ and with it being off the GCD tie that in with whatever aoe ability your using, gg I say.

And like others have mentioned, goblin glider is a really nice tool to have, definitely saved my life a few times whenever blink hasn't tp'd me back onto the platform. Plus if your slack like myself, you can glider down all the way back to mega from the top of that huge underground cavern.