Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1825/amanr.png
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-t-be-updated
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Composite-Map

Would be nice if it was another zone and same with Amani Vale as a whole zone, and not just a city place area full of killing and what not. If Zul'Aman was now a zone to quest in Ula'Tek would be the new area you kill the new Forest Trolls in. It could even be named Zul'Aman and the place would have a area called the Amani Vale within it. :P
    I like that map to of the north section as well for where the zones connect and I think stratholme should be smaller or become like a area in which the zone is phased with it to. I still like that map and really want to see a official map of it like would someone make a fan made map of it please?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I think the most plausible 'high elf starter zone' I've seen proposed was either a phased Crystalsong Forest with fledgling Alliance-aligned high elves venturing out from the still orbital Dalaran or a phased Dalaran city now grounded back in its original location in Hillsbrad.
    Let's see, there seems to be a misunderstanding with respect to the High Elves...

The High Elves of Dalaran, ie the Silver Covenant, are only a small part of the rest of the High Elves of the Alliance scattered throughout Azeroth and other planets, or what is the same: the High Elves of the Silver Covenant are neither more nor less than the High Elves of the Kingdom of Dalaran, and do not represent their entire race at all.

If one day the High Elves become a playable race for the Alliance (something that many people have been waiting a long time), these elves will have nothing to do with Dalaran, but rather they would be a faction that encompasses all other High Elves, one faction (provisionally known as Silvermoon Remnant) that would be led by Alleria Windrunner, the only one who can gather her people and lead it to a new era, an era where the silver unicorn flag will wave again.

The starting area of these Quel'dorei could well be a phased Quel'Thalas in the middle of the Third War, developing the story of how they were exiled from their own lands and took refuge in Greenwood as their last bastion. Due to the harassment suffered in Greenwood by Forsaken and Sin'dorei, these playable High Elves would be taken back to Stormwind, where they would establish their "capital" in a new district built ex-process (where the old park was) and from there they could continue their development with the playable humans.

I really don't see high elves happening at this point. With the Sunwell restored, blood elves aren't the uber-grey pragmatists they used to be and, by and large, the leadership representing Quel'Thalas at this point in WoW's history are right up there with being some of the most lawfully good faction leaders in the game.
    Although the Sunwell has been restored (we'll see how long lasts this time) the society of the Blood Elves has changed so much that it is impossible to "reconcile" themselves with their origins, ie with the authentic High Elves of the Alliance. The gap between the Quel'dorei and the Sin'dorei is only growing larger, every day is bigger ...

If you want to play a nice Thalassian, roll any blood elf class except a Warlock or Rogue. If Thalassians with blue eyes is your thing, roll a DK. There's no point adding a race that does not fill a niche or open up new plot paths that are not already accessible.
    If this "solution" is a joke is not funny. Remember that we want to play with the Quel'dorei of the Alliance, not with the Horde's Sin'dorei. That not only entails having different colored eyes, but involves many more things ...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1825/amanr.png
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-t-be-updated
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Composite-Map

Would be nice if it was another zone and same with Amani Vale as a whole zone, and not just a city place area full of killing and what not. If Zul'Aman was now a zone to quest in Ula'Tek would be the new area you kill the new Forest Trolls in. It could even be named Zul'Aman and the place would have a area called the Amani Vale within it. :P
    I like that map to of the north section as well for where the zones connect and I think stratholme should be smaller or become like a area in which the zone is phased with it to. I still like that map and really want to see a official map of it like would someone make a fan made map of it please?
    That 'Amani Vale' you say is the 'Amani Peninsula' to which I referred to in my previous post, demonstrating that there are areas of Quel'Thalas that are still not in the game, as the aforementioned Amani peninsula/vale or the Greenwood zone itself (the area which stars this thread).

Deleted
    Quel'Thalas is the name for the entire area covering Eversong Forest, Ghostlands and the Isle of Quel'danas. Basically the whole region of the Blood Elves.

Just like Stormwind Keep is different from the Kingdom of Stormwind, which covers Elwynn Forest, Westfall, Duskwood, Lakeshire and maybe a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Let's see, there seems to be a misunderstanding with respect to the High Elves...

The High Elves of Dalaran, ie the Silver Covenant, are only a small part of the rest of the High Elves of the Alliance scattered throughout Azeroth and other planets, or what is the same: the High Elves of the Silver Covenant are neither more nor less than the High Elves of the Kingdom of Dalaran, and do not represent their entire race at all.

If one day the High Elves become a playable race for the Alliance (something that many people have been waiting a long time), these elves will have nothing to do with Dalaran, but rather they would be a faction that encompasses all other High Elves, one faction (provisionally known as Silvermoon Remnant) that would be led by Alleria Windrunner, the only one who can gather her people and lead it to a new era, an era where the silver unicorn flag will wave again.

The starting area of these Quel'dorei could well be a phased Quel'Thalas in the middle of the Third War, developing the story of how they were exiled from their own lands and took refuge in Greenwood as their last bastion. Due to the harassment suffered in Greenwood by Forsaken and Sin'dorei, these playable High Elves would be taken back to Stormwind, where they would establish their "capital" in a new district built ex-process (where the old park was) and from there they could continue their development with the playable humans.
    If Greenwood would exist, the forsaken could harass the high elves there, but the blood elves certainly wouldn't, they have no reason to, even to this day their only direct conflict with high elves was during the purge of Dalaran and even then Rommath wasn't comfortable killing them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People have been waiting for Demon Hunters too ... >.>

If this "solution" is a joke is not funny. Remember that we want to play with the Quel'dorei of the Alliance, not with the Horde's Sin'dorei. That not only entails having different colored eyes, but involves many more things ...
    What is the great difference though? That they sucked mana out of artifacts, instead of mana bearing vermin,they chose to ally themselves once more with Alliance after they left it after the second war? The blood elves tried the latter twice and if the Purge had not happened Quel'thalas could have been a part of the Alliance once more, but high elves like Vereessa would still not be welcome there.

Although the Sunwell has been restored (we'll see how long lasts this time) the society of the Blood Elves has changed so much that it is impossible to "reconcile" themselves with their origins, ie with the authentic High Elves of the Alliance. The gap between the Quel'dorei and the Sin'dorei is only growing larger, every day is bigger ...
    Please enlighten me, what this growing gap is? They are almost exactly the same.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-05-02 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If Greenwood would exist, the forsaken could harass the high elves there, but the blood elves certainly wouldn't, they have no reason to, even to this day their only direct conflict with high elves was during the purge of Dalaran and even then Rommath wasn't comfortable killing them.
    Uhm, are you trying to say that the blood elves are so good they never would attack the high elves?, that high elves are the villains of the movie? A somewhat biased review in my opinion ...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What is the great difference though?
    Please enlighten me, what this growing gap is? They are almost exactly the same.
    The answer to both questions is: socio-political and cultural differences, many!

Uhm, are you trying to say that the blood elves are so good they never would attack the high elves?, that high elves are the villains of the movie? A somewhat biased review in my opinion ...
    What I am saying is the blood elves never outright attacked high elves, or went out of their way to harass them. They left them alone, the Purge in Dalaran is the first direct conflict between them. Just as Lor'themar said, he never wanted to see them dead, so why should he send his people to harass them, it makes no sense.

The answer to both questions is: socio-political and cultural differences, many!
    Like? Both venerate the sun, use lethal force if necessary, are just as arrogant, etc. The only real difference between these two was their choice how to sate their hunger , their choice of allies, how to remember the fallen and that is it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    I would gladly BAN forever from whole WOW anyone, who makes such stupid suggestions

what the hell are you doing in game, if you have no fucking idea what is quel'thalas?
    What the hell are you doing on a forum if you can't even read correctly ?

Deleted
    Previously confused with Northeron, that area will be vital in the future: that area is Greenwood, last refuge of the Quel'dorei.

Mysteriously some High Elves have disappeared at the end of the expansion of Wrath of the Lich King. They have migrated, but where?

If we combine this fact with that all the resources of the Silver Covenant (mounts, ships, war machines, etc.) do nothing but increase, and obviously, they have had to come from somewhere... it seems that the High Elves have at least a stronghold somewhere in Azeroth, with stables, shipyards, cities, etc., not being unreasonable to think that that hidden area, the last reserve of the High Elves of the Alliance, can be Greenwood.

Greenwood is an area not yet available in World of Warcraft but that we visited slightly in Warcraft 3. This area comes to be a natural sanctuary in every sense: barely tainted by the Scourge and the Burning Legion, aside from the progress of the Sylvanas' Forsaken and the adhesion attempts from the Blood Elves and well protected by its magnificent natural barriers.

Located in the northern part of the Plaguelands, right on the border between Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas is the home of the last High Elves of Azeroth. Characterized by its thick green forests, its steep and snowy mountains, its rivers and clear lakes, its fresh climate and especially the abundant mystical energy that pervades the place in every corner, in every millennial building and even in each of the unicorns that still gallop freely through its fields.

Ironically Greenwood has always been among the realms of the humans and the elves, in every way, hence its distinctive culture, where elves and humans intermingle in harmony. However, in recent times, after the events triggered by the Cataclysm that struck Azeroth, the High Elves have gone into action. The Silver Covenant was the example to follow; the Quel'dorei cannot remain indifferent and oblivious to the outside world events: they must organize and choose their position for the impending challenges ahead.

Will they remain true to their roots and customs and stay on the side of the Alliance as before? Or maybe will they forget the quarrels and reintegrate with the Blood Elves and join the Horde? Golden Phoenix or Silver Unicorn? That is the question...

Both for the one as for the other, a surname resound from afar: Windrunner. The return of Alleria will make the High Elves rethink many things... and the Blood Elves too...

Glory to the Quel'dorei! The banner of the silver unicorn will wave again! For the Alliance!
    Sounds awesome, more and more leads leaning towards high elves becoming the next alliance race imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    It is very interesting that Darrowmere Lake is south of the plaguelands and borders Zul'Aman. In WoW the Lake doesn't border Zul'Aman. Hell it doesn't even comes close to Zul'Aman.
    That's because during Warcraft 3 there was no such thing as the Plaguelands yet. So parts of it were called Quel'thalas (most of Eastern Plaguelands probably) and parts of it belonged to the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Sounds awesome, more and more leads leaning towards high elves becoming the next alliance race imo.
    Why are people so obsessed with pissing high elves being a new "race".

I'm more for them just being a sub choice when you click on nightelf/human than a fully fledged race. I would much prefer a new race to be more interesting and perhaps unconventional.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Except Northem made most of that stuff up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except Northem made most of that stuff up.
    Whether fact or fiction, IMO Alleria and Turalyon have to reappear sometime. My guess would be the next expansion since GC has been talking about her recently, the silver covenant are practically getting more lime light than entire alliance races atm and it's very strange Blizzard have left that space of land open. Also Sylvnnas has been rather quiet recently, I think there is going to be a story plot involving the rival sisters either at the end of this expac or beginning of next expac.

Whether you want High Elves or not there is a lot of mounting evidence that could pave the way to their arrival. I also suspect Rexxar is going to be the new warchief and pave the way for Ogres to join the Horde.

Why do I want to see High Elves? Admittedly yes they are not very different from blood elves visually but blood elves are extememly popular and even though they are allied with the Horde I suspect a huge percentage of the blood elf playerbase wished they were available to the Alliance. Old school Warcraft fans especially.

I think they would work fine as a stand alone race or what someone above mentioned a sub race for humans. I think they could work and be very popular only if A) they were given completely unique models and emotes to blood elves and B) A more non conventional race to be introduced with them such as Ogres or Naga.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2013-05-02 at 03:43 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar doesn't like the city life, his place is in the wilds

10+ Year Old Account

Eh, *shrug* The Silver Covenant is THE high elven organization in terms of agency and alliance participation; if they were to become playable, creating another organization would be just bloat, TSC is already the most militant high elven organization, working actively to secure alliance interests alongside humans and specifically the kirin tor.

I mean, horses are wishes and all, but I prefer my speculation based on canon and with a healthy amount of plausibility; organizing yet another high elven group when we have TSC just seems unnecessary and unlikely.

And honestly, I wouldn't put all my money on Alleria going alliance to be honest. If a character has a GOOD REASON to go neutral, it's her, with her people divided and all. Her homeland or her alliance? it is naive to think it wouldn't cause her enough conflicted feelings to not warrant some sort of neutrality.

Come on, that is just biased; I love elves, you know it; but truth is, the high elves are not the "true elves", no one is. Modern high elves have been "acting" more and more like humans -justifiable so- to the point their mayor populations are located in shared spaces with humans, their sense of "honor" that made them stay with the alliance and their vehement negative to consume fel magic were the exceptions in the thalassian populace, so both sides have diverged considerably from what a "quel'dorei" was.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-05-03 at 07:16 AM.

That 'Amani Vale' you say is the 'Amani Peninsula' to which I referred to in my previous post, demonstrating that there are areas of Quel'Thalas that are still not in the game, as the aforementioned Amani peninsula/vale or the Greenwood zone itself (the area which stars this thread).
    Alleria has been a trophy wife for a long time, why would anyone want to follow her? She's done literally nothing against a majority of the recent threats.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Eh, *shrug* The Silver Covenant is THE high elven organization in terms of agency and alliance participation; if they were to become playable, creating another organization would be just bloat, TSC is already the most militant high elven organization, working actively to secure alliance interests alongside humans and specifically the kirin tor.

I mean, horses are wishes and all, but I prefer my speculation based on canon and with a healthy amount of plausibility; organizing yet another high elven group when we have TSC just seems unnecessary and unlikely.
    Not really, that reputation already exists for characters. And they made the Bilgewater for goblins to join the Horde, similar scenario

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Dawnstrider Harbor ... looks like Blood Elf territory.

edit: nvm it's user created.
    Back when people would sneak in there, there was some elvish looking buildings.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Not really, that reputation already exists for characters. And they made the Bilgewater for goblins to join the Horde, similar scenario
    I get that point, but it's not the same. The bilgewater where created to cater a specific necessity: horde aligned goblins when goblins have been stalwartly neutral for a while now. But the alliance already has a militant, pro alliance high elf organization. That the silver covenant already exist as a reputation for gameplay purposes means little, we have seen it with the kirin tor, the sunreavers, the argent guys. It just isn't an valid argument.