Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My raid groups first week on Duru we were wiping on enrage for 3hr straight >< We decided the next raid night we would try 2 healing and we downed him on the 3rd pull 2 healing I did not browse your logs but if you are 3 healing and reaching enrage then have a heals go Dps or bench 1 for that fight. If you are 2 healing and reaching enrage Dps is an issue though. GL!

Honestly, looking at those logs, your warlock is terrible, and your spriest and mage are pretty bad.

Your dot classes aren't keeping dots rolling on Durumu during light shows, and honestly seem to be just standing around waiting for the next red add to pop up. There are some mechanical mistakes, but it's really just terrible damage. Stacks of life drain are also getting too high on some targets. 2-3 stacks is ideal, 4 is ok, 5 or 6 is going to get the boss a LOT of healing, which just makes it that much harder to make enrage. You put 327M damage into a boss that has 262M health. Don't let him heal so much, and that'll make it a kill even with some really questionable DPS.

(For comparison - my guild's last kill we put 304M damage into the boss. We weren't perfect on life drain, but still 23M damage less required.)
    Last edited by Kurgosh; 2013-04-30 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great tips guys, thanks. Will show them to the raid asap.

About Drain Life, a quick noobish question, the REAL BAD thing is when it hits 4+ stacks in a player right? As a tank with Barrier up (when not tanking the boss ofc) I was picking it right at 1-2 stacks from DPS (so they don't get stunned for too long and pew pew the boss) but got yelled out that should wait 3 stacks. Any problem picking it faster?
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post

About Drain Life, a quick noobish question, the REAL BAD thing is when it hits 4+ stacks in a player right? As a tank with Barrier up (when not tanking the boss ofc) I was picking it right at 1-2 stacks from DPS (so they don't get stunned for too long and pew pew the boss) but got yelled out that should wait 3 stacks. Any problem picking it faster?
    There's more than enough people to take 2 stacks each.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post

The faster the better, there's no problem at all picking it up earlier. It's REALLY bad if you get 4+ stacks a player, and that's not even cause of the stun or the damage to the player, but because it heals the boss for more and more the more stacks it have and that's what will let you hit enrage. So the faster you share life drain around, the less the boss heals.

If you deal with life drain properly the boss should die even with this dps, I'm pretty sure. Still, you can always drop a tank, a healer, or both if you have difficulties. The kill is very close, keep at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    boby; if they aren't worried about cutting edge progression, then I think you are picking on the frost mage a bit too much. SNIP the rest
    No I believe it's valid! If your raid is hitting enrage on a boss that you want to kill and you have a player that is good and they have a spec that could perform even better on a movement fight then they should be using it to there advantage. I believe it's worst to say "I could be doing better but players A B C are failing more so I won't swap specs to a better mobility one becuase im not being AS BAD as they are and I prefer this spec even though it's not optimal and were hitting enrage".

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    No I believe it's valid! If your raid is hitting enrage on a boss that you want to kill and you have a player that is good and they have a spec that could perform even better on a movement fight then they should be using it to there advantage. I believe it's worst to say "I could be doing better but players A B C are failing more so I won't swap specs to a better mobility one becuase im not being AS BAD as they are and I prefer this spec even though it's not optimal and were hitting enrage".

Gearing for a fire mage is completely different than gearing for a frost mage. If he doesn't have the crit and is lacking 4pc T15 he will probably do less damage than he does as frost right now. The mage should probably stay frost until he has the right gear for fire, and only then switch, if he really cared about DPS. It isn't so cut and dry as "fire is better DPS."

One easy improvment is for the mage to drop frost bomb for nether tempest. NT is just an all around better bomb, and can be kept up while doing the maze phase while frost bomb can't.

Additionally, as many others have pointed out it isn't DPS that is the real issue, it's execution of fight mechanics. Forcing him to switch and learn fire is going to take his attention away from whats going on in the fight. Better to stay frost for now and focus on the more important issues they are facing.

Also: frost DPS is fine if you are not trying to be the best guild on the server. A talented / experienced frost mage can put out numbers that will satisfy most if not all DPS requirments on both normal and heroic modes.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2013-05-01 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Frost mage can do pretty decent on this fight. Here's my log on the last kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7424&e=7777

Your mage's Frostbolt debuff is only at 77%. Keep it at 3 stacks on the boss and do not let it run out during the light phase and the maze or his 3 nukes will deal 15% less damage.

As others have probably mentioned, switch to NT from FB. Time Frozen Orb for the maze phase so you can cast instant procs and keep up with the movement.