Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Tyr was created to help watch over Ulduar. It is made clear in WOTLK that the Watchers are not designed to leave the areas of Ulduar for any reason. The fact Tyr is wandering around in areas outside Ulduar means either the Titans are pretty lax about it, or they are not around to scold him for over-reaching his influence.

Because as we have seen many times before, the Titans utilize "super-tech". If they suddenly came across something that likely obliterated them, they would send out messages to be intercepted by all computer systems on past worlds. A space S.O.S if you will. Since we are right now in Pandaria during this time, Wrathion gets bombarded with the message while playing around with the Thunder Forge, which is Titan tech. I am sure such a message could have also been picked up by the Forge of Wills or the Tribunal of Ages in Ulduar, but since that is a different continent we are no longer taking part, we will likely not see anything come of it.

P.S. I wish to reiterate. The WC3 manual implies that the Titans don't know about Sargeras and the Burning Legion. Later on the RPG did in fact say they knew about the Burning Legion, but such sources were later made NON-CANON by Blizzard. Until we find a new source implying they know about the Burning Legion, the WC3 manual is really all we have. To help refresh people, here is the relevant quotes.

"Apparently unaware of Sargeras’ mission to undo their myriad works, the Titans continued to move from world to world, shaping and ordering them as they saw fit."

Until new lore comes to light showing that the Titans knew about the Burning Legion and were just, for the most part, ignoring them, it makes more sense to play off them being ignorant.
    Norgannon gave Nozdormu some of his power, Norgannon also sees limitless timeways, as does Valen.
    Im positive the titans, if not at the very least Norgannon knows of Segaras and of all the bad on Azeroth.

By saying apparently unaware blizzard isnt being definitive on the titans actually being unaware.

I think by saying apparently unaware, is to give a sense of being alone to fend for your selfs, as in the titans know of the events occurring, but dont care, or are to busy, as is they were unaware.

Anyhow by saying apparently, blizzard has not been definitive and thus your only speculating.

Hmm, like I said, theory is still interesting.

Although I don't know if they really need to be like "Wrathion = Deathwing clone." I suppose we'll need to wait for the finale of the Dawn of the Aspects to see the initial charging and changing of the Proto-drakes into Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Norgannon gave Nozdormu some of his power, Norgannon also sees limitless timeways, as does Valen.
    Im positive the titans, if not at the very least Norgannon knows of Segaras and of all the bad on Azeroth.
    The issue with "farseeing" is that lot of people can do it, but not always accurately. Valen for instance didn't see the uprising and defeat of his people at the hands of orcs. His visions instead always seem to be farseeing into the distance future, about the Army of Light and the final battle of the Burning Legion. Even then, we don't know how many of his "visions" are accurate and how many are just dreams and possibilities. Even Nozdormu had his limits, being unable to see the time stream outside of Azeroth, being unable to see far into the future outside his own death, etc... It was shown constantly that Nozdormu could even have his vision clouded by a being of similar power

Norgannon may very well have cosmic farsight. However, until we know more about the limitations he may have of that farsight, it's still up to debate. Sargeras was one of the strongest Titans in existence, a hardened fighter and skilled tactical mastermind. If anyone could know how to sit under the farseeing radar of Norgannon, it would be someone like Sargeras.

Anyhow by saying apparently, blizzard has not been definitive and thus your only speculating.
    You know what, I don't feel like a grammar debate. I already admitted part of it is speculation. It just has more evidence then the other way around with the RPG thrown out.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2013-05-01 at 03:04 AM.

Even counting out farsight or whatever, it seems odd that the Titans can put in such advanced test to discover a corruption of a planet, be able to travel throughout space to different planets, and make/umake them and be unable to see a giant demon army rampaging across the universe.

Why would Wrathion take back Titans to Azeroth? I don't understand.

It's because he has an increasing fascination with the Titans. Toward the end of 5.2 he even becomes slightly indignant about getting more Titan architecture.

It kind of felt like to me that he was being slightly, "ITS MINE, I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!"
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-05-01 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally think what wrathions trying to do is empower himself with the former powers Neltharion had, with the goal of becoming the Earthwarder again so he can protect Azeroth from forces like the Burning legion like the dragonflights were supposed to

he's gathering all the titan tech he can get, because hes trying to figure out how a new Earthwarder can be created if the original dies (like what the Blue Dragonflight in Cata)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In Wotlk the Titans send Algalon personally to finish off the planet, so I doubt they are dead and gone.
    No they didn't. His arrival was automated:

Brann Bronzebeard says: Wait a second: this doesn't look right! Next to this blinking light... what's this Algalon signal?
    Archivum System says: Initiating query. The Algalon Failsafe is an automated emergency signal following a Prime Designate's demise.
    Brann Bronzebeard says: Prime Desigate? Where have I 'eard that before? By my grandfather's beard, Loken is Azeroth's Prime Designate. Loken's death triggered this!
    Archivum System says: Affirmative. Timestamp of Prime Designate Loken's destruction coincides with signal activation.
    Brann Bronzebeard says: Well? Who's on the listening side of the signal? What's going to happen?
    Archivum System says: Searching... Destruction of Prime Designate is considered the first warning sign of systemic planetary failure. Algalon observer entity's arrival is followed by planetary diagnostics resulting in one of two possible reply signals. Reply-code Alpha, signaling "All is well" and Reply-code Omega, signaling planetary re-origination.
    He also never sent the omega message to the Titans and went off to question his purpose - he would have no idea that the Titans are dead or alive as far as we know.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    If the burning legion has been to enough worlds, and its a high possibility some of those have been ordered by the Titans, wouldnt they have to kill the Prime Designates on those planets too?

and if every Prime Designate death triggered something like Algalon, wouldnt the Observer sent to those worlds either; Die to the Burning legion and be unable to signal "All is well" to the Titans and after a few planets of this happening the Titans would HAVE to get suspicious that somethings going wrong, OR this Observer succeeds in re-originating the planet in question and reports back to the Titans what facilitated the need to re-originate a planet (this being the Burning Legion)

Logically i just dont see how the Titans could remain blind to the threat of the Burning Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Logically i just dont see how the Titans could remain blind to the threat of the Burning Legion
    Perhaps they are, perhaps they are formulating plans to defeat them. The extent of our knowledge on Titans is almost insignificant.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    So here's my theory Wrathion gets the message the titans lost against the legion and starts to work on "rebuilding the last titan" (maybe with that construct machine in Mogu'Shan or somewhere else) believing he is doing the right thing to save Azeroth and that this titan will help us.

However when the titan is built, something unexpected happens and Sargeras (who has been without a body and floating around Azeroth for millenia possessing various people) jumps in and hijacks it.

Now a refreshed Sargeras returns to the head of the legion, and things are a thousand times worse than before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    So here's my theory Wrathion gets the message the titans lost against the legion and starts to work on "rebuilding the last titan" (maybe with that construct machine in Mogu'Shan or somewhere else) believing he is doing the right thing to save Azeroth and that this titan will help us.

However when the titan is built, something unexpected happens and Sargeras (who has been without a body and floating around Azeroth for millenia possessing various people) jumps in and hijacks it.

Now a refreshed Sargeras returns to the head of the legion, and things are a thousand times worse than before.
    You mean that Sargeras sent him the message purposely to do it?

The issue is you are not looking at one key fact. The Burning Legion has a Titan. Not just any Titan, but one of the former members of the Pantheon, the supreme leadership of the Titans. Sargeras is not a low end mook.

The thing about the Titans, they don't really see themselves as fallible. You are not going to have one Titan lock out all the other Titans from a computer system like the Forge of Wills, Tribunal of Ages, or any of the other various computer systems. That is not how they work because they don't distrust each other like mortals do. All Titans, and by extension, all Titan constructs, have a rudimentary ability to control all Titan technology. Even then, we have instances of smaller mortals like Brann Bronzebeard literally hacking into these computer systems. That shows a general lack of high end security in general, they just don't expect these people to use the tech.

Let us compare a Titan Ordered world as a high end mansion with a powerful security system. Motion Detectors, Laser Arrays, Alarm Systems, all ready to go off once someone attempts to take the 100" TV in the living room. All that security does not matter when the one breaking in (Sargeras) HAS ALL THE CODES.

i personally think what wrathions trying to do is empower himself with the former powers Neltharion had, with the goal of becoming the Earthwarder again so he can protect Azeroth from forces like the Burning legion like the dragonflights were supposed to

he's gathering all the titan tech he can get, because hes trying to figure out how a new Earthwarder can be created if the original dies (like what the Blue Dragonflight in Cata)
    I see this as being the most logical.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    there's more to wrathion than what is being let on.

i suspect evil, because as far as im concerned the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there's more to wrathion than what is being let on.

i suspect evil, because as far as im concerned the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.
    Yeah i think it does, i mean Deathwing was mad and corrupted. Wrathion is not, not every psycho evil persons childern are like them. I know IRL refernce but Stalins son Yakov nothing like his father.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    but Stalins son Yakov nothing like his father.
    he probably would've been given the opportunity, but because of society pressures he couldnt let his evil flourish so to speak.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    You mean that Sargeras sent him the message purposely to do it?
    Nope, more like a titan failsafe causes Wrathion to do it and Sargeras just takes advantage of the opportunity to return.

Sounds like something Blizzard would do because they recycle literally all of their stories, but I think most people would find it absolutely stupid.

Deleted
    Can someone explain to me, how someone can dismiss all morality and still not be considered a truly evil character? If you're not held back by morality, then that is a pretty bad thing to me.