Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    - If you were a caster I hope you were lucky enough to get a legendary in firelands, otherwise GL joining a heroic raiding guild.
    This. I was more than happy when MoP went live simply because that damned staff was no longer "required".

Even worse, I was a playing a warlock, and most of us know how bad locks were on boss encounters in DS. I was actually forced to switch to my spriest just to finally get into a raiding guild, after they had 8/8H on farm.

Also, I believe hunters were eventually buffed; just can't recall when exactly. They still weren't great but in a better place than non-legendary casters IMO.

DS was alright could of been worse.

After spending oh idk 2-3 years trying to get my legendary TF being forced to do an entire tier of raiding with the main boss being recycled from the original game launch (vanilla) I really ****ing hated firelands. The most boss / zone recycled xpac ever? Think za/zg..... /shudder. I actually enjoyed DS some but the last raid I had fun doing was ICC

DS was pretty fun i guess not the best raiding times ive ever had. I had more fun in the naxx LK remake vs DS. But id say DS was the best raid of cata tho that doesnt say much expansion wise as I do rate Cata being the worst with MoP being right there beside it.
    Last edited by tru; 2013-04-30 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammahur
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Ds was too short, its difficulty was a bit all over the place, it had ridiculously annoying ultraxion trash, it had dissapointing deathwing fights, it provided a poor finale to the expansion, it hung around way too long, and it was one of the main reasons many of my friends and I quit the game. Aside from that it was ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

When I think of Blizzard, I think of many good things... they have made great games that I've enjoyed... above all WoW!... but I also think of a few very bad things... they are; too expensive character transfers!, buyable pets & mounts ($ sign in their eyes),... and then i also think of Dragon Soul... the only raid I truly dislike 100% xD

@OP's title question

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Sure, it was a bit too easy and 4.3 had a massive lack of things to do. But DS itself was a fun raid, I liked the reused wrath setting because it kind of made it feel like it was wrath (my favorite expansion) again. It was a far less boring and bland raid than firelands was.

The only thing that I did not like about it was that it was a step down in difficulty from the previous tiers of that expansion. The initial bosses were tuned just fine, but casual players QQ'd, so when Firelands was released the difficulty went down. Still there was QQ over such bosses as Ranaros, so yet again Blizz dropped the difficulty when they released Dragonsoul. This and they released the abortion that is raid finder.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

DS was a OK raid, although a bit lacking idea wise. Seemed to simple and easy. Also it lasted forever. Was much harder to do DS over and over than ICC was.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    DS was ok/good what killed it for me was experiencing it all so quickly via lfr and having it last like a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Worst raid ever.
    Just my two cents - but DS almost killed the game for me.
    Almost killed it for me too... sorry, I know this isn't contributing much... but I have a hard time keeping my fingers from the keyboard, whenever DS is mentioned...

I liked it, think I killed heroic Madness 15~ times during Cata. It was way too long, but it had some interesting mechanics and my guild had fun clearing through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Dragon soul was terrible.

- Reused locations. Wrath Zones, malagos area, malestrom etc.
    - Sprine was an overall bad encounter. Just fight adds for 10mins and hope your dps can take our that add that you only had a few seconds to dps. You were forced to stack chars with legendary staffs to have a shot.
    - Never actually got to fight Deathwing, another fight where you basically fought adds the entire time.
    -Dragonblight just made sense considering how important it is to Dragonkind.
    - I loved spine, because it made sense. Same with Madness. Do you really expect that an army of mice with toothpicks could do that much serious damage to you while you were coated in metal plates? All he would have to do in an "average" dragon fight would be fucking step on us.

I loved DS. It was the first time since Wrath that I'd actually gotten to be competitive on my server, not because it was easy, but because I had a guild who knew what they were doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Personally, I thought it was a potentially epic dungeon that turned out to be very, very repetitive. Then again, I haven't played MoP, and have none of the more recent raids to compare it to. I know I liked the earlier Cataclysm raids a lot more o_O

Seeing people die on Hagara's Ice wall was pretty funny in LFR. Otherwise in Normal, I only liked it because I would raid it with my guild.

I actually didn't mind it.

I thought Yor'sahj was really interesting, and didn't mind Hagara either. I also can appreciate the attempt at least having us fight on Deathwing's back, even if it wasn't as successful as it could have been.

As for Madness? I again love the idea of it, but felt like doing the same/similar things on each platform and just hopping one to another wasn't as successful as it could have otherwise been.

It was a boring raid with a boring premise in a boring setting. That being said, I'm sure lots of people that didnt raid anything before icc when it was current think it was the bees knees--- not that they're the only ones, but I suspect that not having anything really awesome to compare it to would raise it's value considerably.

Opinion is opinion of course, and I'm sure there are one or two people in the world who raided ulduar and liked ds better, and those people will magically appear on mmo champ to tell me how wrong I am.

Dragon Soul was a bad. The worst I've seen but I've only played at the start of Cata. It was one of those times where pushing Heroic progressions felt empty. It probably had something to do with LFR and having copy items. 3 sets of the same looking gear just makes it feel cheap and unrewarding :/

So the loot motivation was dead for me at that point.

The zone was reused and I don't feel a sense of discovery with that place since I've already seen it and navigating around the place was boring.

So there goes the motivation for uncovering the raid instance and bosses (which were rehashed as well).

And let's not forget the terrible trash before Ultrax (which was one of the two boss encounters I liked).

10+ Year Old Account
    it wasnt that bad exept ultraxion pointless trash-gauntlet and spine/madness being massive dissapointment, also lasted way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    -Dragonblight just made sense considering how important it is to Dragonkind.
    - I loved spine, because it made sense. Same with Madness. Do you really expect that an army of mice with toothpicks could do that much serious damage to you while you were coated in metal plates? All he would have to do in an "average" dragon fight would be fucking step on us.

I loved DS. It was the first time since Wrath that I'd actually gotten to be competitive on my server, not because it was easy, but because I had a guild who knew what they were doing.
    How does spine made sense? Seriously?! Deathwing could have killed us the instant we were on his back. He could do the barrel roll for 500 times. And also: How is a airship fast enough to keep up with Deathwing in the first place?! None of this made any sense. At least a face to face battle with deathwing would be more epic. Plus Spine is a VERY horrbile design overall, especially in HC where you needed an insane raidcomp, which nearly no guild had (and I'm not talkting about the world first guilds here, I'm talking about world 10++).

DS is not great in my book but there are worse. ToC(this is trash. no argument here) No a and Naxx 2.0(fucking reused the whole raid as the MAIN raid of the tier and didn't even try to change bosses and many mechanic. Really Blizzard?).....