Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will warriors be the absolute worse class in 5.3 for PVP?

From a PVP perspective? From a FC RBG perspective?

Is there anything a warrior will bring the the table besides skull banner? Please someone say that I'm wrong.. :-/

They will look cool... charging and all.... oh wait

Probably, but with all the hate because of the start of mop hunters will be joining you soon my friend.

Warriors aren't getting debuffed, they're only getting buffed.

You could nearly make a case for them being the absolute worst pvp class of 5.2 as well. Not sure who's in a worse place at a the moment. All other classes at least have one spec they can turn to that does reasonably well in pvp. Not sure what high level arena representation is like now for warriors but I'd hazard a guess that it's dropped a decent amounts since 5.1. IMHO dmg output is fine, just survivability is rubbish. Reverting the D stance change from this patch may improve that a bit but still, it's nasty. 5.1 was such a tease.

10+ Year Old Account
    FC warrior is dead with the 50% damage taken change. Not seeing anything that will get dps warriors into RBGs, no mage nerfs, no real lock nerfs, they are slightly changing grip beam vortex, but that might only get a moonkin or dk sat for another mage or lock. Caster dominance remains.

3v3 is iffy, better then 5.2, not sure yet how much. I am looking at trying 2 comps for 5.3, War Mage Healer and War Enh Healer; and maybe even some TSG, with monk healer I think.

You could nearly make a case for them being the absolute worst pvp class of 5.2 as well.
    How is that even up for debate?

Monks have more viable 3s teams then we do! and are easily as wanted as a healer as we are as a FC.

Who else wants to take a shot at the crown? Paladins, pssh Ret works better in 3s then warrior does in 5.2! I shit you not. Holy still carries them to an average of over 1 spot per RBG team.

Warriors are number 11!
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-01 at 05:01 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagofshrimp View Post
    Warriors aren't getting debuffed, they're only getting buffed.
    read that patch notes before you comment, he's referring to the 50% increased damage taken as an fc, which yes will make warriors the most obsolete fc, but due to this nerf people wont be running fcs anyway it'll just be rogues/warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    FC warrior is dead with the 50% damage taken change.
    Right now tank fc's take 25% more dmg 5.3 makes that 50% and the last pvp power change dropped everyone's dmg 20+%. Overall not looking like much is changing unless they move dmg taken up again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they will
    Last edited by Laz; 2013-05-01 at 05:25 AM.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Right now tank fc's take 25% more dmg 5.3 makes that 50% and the last pvp power change dropped everyone's dmg 20+%. Overall not looking like much is changing unless they move dmg taken up again.
    A. Non Tank specs are having the damage they take lowered, B. its not a 20% reduction, 61 to 41% pvp power is about 13% reduced, C. 25% to 50% is 20% damage increased, so you have non FC specs taking less damage then live vs FC specs taking more damage then live, and on live you can already run at high rating without a tank spec, I do it on my DK. I see other high end groups doing it as well.

It is superior to have another dps on every map then WSG/TP right now, and I'd argue equal on the FC maps, as having an extra real person makes a big difference in the mid fight, and winning that fight is almost everything.

Only fools will be running a tank spec in RBGs in 5.3.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye 5.3 looks like End of pvp for me.....
    In MoP i decided to focus only on rbgs and some LFR( For sake of old realm first raiding )
    I play Fury in PvP since S1 it was better or worse depending on patch but i had 0 chances to get into any rbgs.... So i went with my prot offspec and started to be FC+Fury on rbgs.

Now even if i would roll Arms noone would take warrior into rbgs .
    And tbh I WOULD NOT TAKE WARRIOR INTO RBGs and I play one over 7 years... We are most useless class for rbgs in 5.3
    Pala ---> Can roll holy
    Shamy --> can roll resto
    Priest --> go Disc or Shadow
    Hunters ---> Good for base defending and for sneak atack combo with rogue or druid
    Rogues --> Good for base ninja or base deffend
    Monk --> Good healers for rbgs
    Warlock --> You always have 1 or 2 of those due to burst. Demo warlock FC in 5.3 possible i think
    Druid --> Boomking always needed for sunbeam or can roll resto. In 5.3 feral will get some spots i guess
    DK --> Mass grip gets them the spot. HArd to kill due to blood presence so good as TC
    Mage --> RoF slowfall int buff plus burst
    Warrior---> Skull banner and ..... eeeee..... Easy to kill and brings nothing to the group

Thanks blizzard
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Now even if i would roll Arms noone would take warrior into rbgs
    We simply lack the tools/utility to help our team overcome the other without pets, stealth, aoe or offheals...

But that's only one aspect of pvp and mainly a concern for higher rating, there's regulary always room for 1-2 suboptimal classes but decent players. And having a prot warrior solo defending a base will still work in future patches. Don't forget that arms/fury get 25% defstance back and 3 minutes shieldwall on top of that, actually i can see some decent carrier qualities with that (on top of piercing howl, charge and shockwave for sure). Yes, a morphed warlock might be better and a druid faster, but we can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Probably, but with all the hate because of the start of mop hunters will be joining you soon my friend.
    Wrong. Hunters will still be top tier by a massive margin. Enough so that even mages and rogues will look on them with envy. Yes, even after the 5.3 nerfs.

Warriors will be rank 1 viable in 5.3. The biggest thing holding them down right now in 5.2 is low survivability which is further exacerbated by ridiculous burst. With the defensive stance buff and the pvp power nerf warriors will be overall in a good spot.

That's not to say we'll be top tier (as in overpowered and carrying teams) though. Honestly even enhancement shaman will be better than warriors. BUT the gap between all of the different melee is going to be smaller than ever come 5.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    How is that even up for debate?
    When stuff is based on opinion it's always open to debate

In other news, the worst ranged (ele shammy) is now better than the best melee (uh dk).

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 09:25 PM ----------

Why are warrior pvp threads so dead? No one seems to give a shit about warrior pvp for more than a 10 minutes... Even on official forums 99% of the threads are pve/xmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Flaks cause when u play warrior for 7 years lke myself you get used to be nerfed every patch after xpack comes out.......
    And u know u cant do shit about it.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Ye 5.3 looks like End of pvp for me.....
    In MoP i decided to focus only on rbgs and some LFR( For sake of old realm first raiding )
    I play Fury in PvP since S1 it was better or worse depending on patch but i had 0 chances to get into any rbgs.... So i went with my prot offspec and started to be FC+Fury on rbgs.

Now even if i would roll Arms noone would take warrior into rbgs .
    And tbh I WOULD NOT TAKE WARRIOR INTO RBGs and I play one over 7 years... We are most useless class for rbgs in 5.3
    Pala ---> Can roll holy
    Shamy --> can roll resto
    Priest --> go Disc or Shadow
    Hunters ---> Good for base defending and for sneak atack combo with rogue or druid
    Rogues --> Good for base ninja or base deffend
    Monk --> Good healers for rbgs
    Warlock --> You always have 1 or 2 of those due to burst. Demo warlock FC in 5.3 possible i think
    Druid --> Boomking always needed for sunbeam or can roll resto. In 5.3 feral will get some spots i guess
    DK --> Mass grip gets them the spot. HArd to kill due to blood presence so good as TC
    Mage --> RoF slowfall int buff plus burst
    Warrior---> Skull banner and ..... eeeee..... Easy to kill and brings nothing to the group

Thanks blizzard
    I'm not saying Warrior's aren't in a bad spot

but Ret is meh, I haven't seen a PvP Enh shaman in a while, I don't think I've ever seen a "good one", as far as DK's Gorefiend's grasp is alright, but to say Blood presence makes them unkillable is laughable at best.

Leaving Arenas to the side, have you ever seen a *GOOD* Fury Warrior in an RBG?

If the nerf to Solar Beam is actually enough, we should see more melee cleaves in RBGs.

Gorefiend's into WW Monk Fists of Fury, into Fury Warrior Brostorm+CDs = 1 dead team. I've been talking to a friend who wants to run double Fury Warrior in a comp like this.

All hope is not lost, assuming the RBG changes that need to happen actually occur. Grip->Beam->Vortex is plain STUPID. Holinka knows this and hopefully he can change things quick enough.

A real skillful combo, that isn't AoE trash would be something like:
    DK Grip + 2nd(within3s) Grip, into some sort of stun on the first, into Havoc'ed Chaos Bolts + Fury Brostorm. That's at best a double death, but a coordinated combo that isn't AoE cheese.
    Last edited by sifailsalot; 2013-05-04 at 01:25 PM.

Dunno about rbgs, im assuming wars will still be trash there, but in arenas its looking better than now. We are receiving only buffs atm in terms of 25% from D stance again and 3 min shield wall so we will be difficult to kill again. Many of the OP classes are receiving nerfs too so that only helps us. At the very least we will be more viable in 5.3 then we are now in arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    thisnamesucks how u can call that a buff when it was like it for YEARS before 10% nerf ??
    I was really looking forward to that 2 set change where u gained 10% reduction in battle stance. Sitting in def stance most of the time is just plain shit :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.