Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The most 'Legendary' Legendary?

So I have 3 questions for basically everyone and they are as follows;

1. What is in your opinion the most 'legendary' legendary if you will?
    2. What is the most 'legendary' weapon lore-wise?
    3. What is the most 'legendary' weapon type?

Of course question number 2 has a bit more of a straight answer than 1 and 3.

1. Shadowmourne. Not even because of the weapon itself, because of the affiliation with Frostmourne.
    2. I would think Sulfuras.
    3. The bow (so in WOW that would be Thoridal)
    Last edited by Hellkung; 2013-05-01 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    Any of the Atiesh staffs because they're not longer available. Along with the black qiraj crystal.

Talisman of Binding Shard, because only one ever dropped and was allowed to be kept by a player. Lore-wise, the current Wrathion quest line and rewards are really nice, because you slowly build up the power over the whole expansion.

There is both a necklace that was given out that wasn't suppose to. Blizz let the guy keep it, but there is technically only of the item in game.

Atiesh has some great lore behind it and the way of obtaining it was incredible, grabbing it from deep within the heart of an Old God.

Legendary? I'd go with:

Arcanite reaper.

None because they all get replaced by better greens at every expansion reset/launch.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitively Atiesh. It's the coolest looking one too :X

Deleted
    - Talisman of the binding shard legendary neck, Dropped for one person then removed from the loot tables, cant get more legendary than that.

2. What is the most 'legendary' legendary lore-wise?
    Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest I have not done the Shadowmourn Story line as of yet, so I am going with DTR, After all you have the soul of a dragon in your staff, and during the chain it shows the rise of a new dragon aspect, Cant get more epic and lore important than that tbh.

Thunderfury Most awesome looking 1 H sword in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of effort and reward. The legendary that we end up getting in 5.4 without a doubt. Simply because its been the one that sorely rellys on how long you have been playing and how focused you've been on obtaining one. Ofcourse I cant say how cool will it be because we havent even seen it, but it has already won the ''This will feel legendary when I get it'' price. As for the older ones? honestly, not many, most of them are just luck based (glaives, Thoridal etc.) ,which Im not a fan of. I'd say Shadowmourne was a pretty nice legendary with a lot of build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    1. Atiesh
    2. Atiesh. It belonged to Medivh which alone makes it more legendary than the others.
    3. I would say bows since our legendary also included ammo even if it was strongly nerfed not long after it was available.

1) The legendary we'll get at the end of MoP. Only one that has taken literally an entire xpac to obtain.

2) Dragonwrath or Val'anyr

3) Staff
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm not sure if we would count Ashbringer. If it does count I'd say it wins all three categories
    Last edited by Poutinecrazed; 2013-05-01 at 12:25 AM.

Yeah I didn't include it because if it actually was an orange it would indeed win in all 3 categories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atiesh, 1000%.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

[QUOTE=Count Zero;20985546]1) The legendary we'll get at the end of MoP. Only one that has taken literally an entire xpac to obtain/QUOTE]

If people are saying Thrall might die....do you think we will get The Doomhammer?

(That's a fail quote attempt)

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 05:27 PM ----------

Yeah I didn't include it because if it actually was an orange it would indeed win in all 3 categories.
    In the game files it IS a orange :P Ashbringer
    Last edited by Poutinecrazed; 2013-05-01 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post

I'm not sure if we would count Ashbringer. If it does count I'd say it wins all three categories
    I'm going to have to agree, The Ashbringer is one of the most powerful weapons in Warcraft lore, on par with Atiesh. Even the corrupted version, who's power was simply dark instead of light, was extremely powerful.

Anyways

1. (First choice) The Ashbringer (Second choice) Atiesh (Third choice) Thori'dal, the Star's Fury.
    2. same as above.
    3. Sword, Staff if no Ashbringer.

in other words, The Ashbringer > all.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-05-01 at 12:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Last edited by muto; 2013-05-01 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Probably Atiesh - a item that was always intended to be available from when it was first put into the game, and is currently unavailable to players as a result of advancing content.

2 - Shadowmourne, forged to be a counterpart to the blade of the Lich King himself.

3 - Sword. Hard to go wrong with a sword. Good old swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    2 - Shadowmourne, forged to be a counterpart to the blade of the Lich King himself.
    Ashbringer is the blade that shattered Frostmourne :P

So I have 3 questions for basically everyone and they are as follows;

Of course question number 2 has a bit more of a straight answer than 1 and 3.

1. Shadowmourne. Not even because of the weapon itself, because of the affiliation with Frostmourne.
    2. I would think Sulfuras.
    3. The bow (so in WOW that would be Thoridal)
    1. thunderfury, not only was it bis for the rest of classic but was used through t4 and even into t5 of tbc till the nerf got gutted into the ground
    2.lore wise its a bit harder, you have val'ynar a gift from the titans, warglaives- an arch demons prized weapons, shadowmorne- shadow of the great frostmorne, fangs / staff - gifts of aspects/dragonflights
    3- either of the 2hand melee weapons