Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone else feel creativity is leaving the game with future expansions?

It seems every expansion just follows the same formula. Mount drops, Ilvl, Dungeon Queues, and Leveling 5 more levels.....

Gear is no longer a badge of honor as everyone can now obtain Tier Sets that look virtually identical other than a recolour for every tier. Where is the carrot on the stick for people?

Mounts have removed the epic scale of the world by giving you the ability to fly over it.... Why not add a debuff for flying and bring land mounts back into the game in some way...

What about long quest chains like in vanilla for unique rewards (Felsteed quest, paladin mount etc not Ilvl loot )

Seems blizzard doesn't want to break the mold for fear of losing revenue and innovate.... I fear the loss of key blizzard employees similar to how Diablo 3 lost Blizzard North (who helped creat vanilla wow BTW) is really hurting this game
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-04-28 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    Not really, I think they are on the up currently after the definate dip in creativity that we saw earlier. ToT feels quite fresh in terms of boss mechanics etc. What they are doing with 5.3/5.4 is also good. I like the idea of the intermediate patches.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Gear is no longer a badge of honor as everyone can now obtain Tier Sets that look virtually identical other than a recolour for every tier. Where is the carrot on the stick for people?
    The gear is the carrot. Just more people are able to get their carrot now.
    Mounts have removed the epic scale of the world by giving you the ability to fly over it.... Why not add a debuff for flying and bring land mounts back into the game in some way...
    The same tried anti-flying mount argument. They aren't going away, get over it. You can't use them 85 through 89 anyway, so you have what you want without even acknowledging it.
    What about long question chains like in vanilla for unique rewards (Felsteed quest, paladin mount etc)
    Warlock tome quest would like a word.
    Seems blizzard doesn't want to break the mold for fear of losing revenue and innovate.... I fear the loss of key blizzard employees similar to how Diablo 3 lost Blizzard North (who helped creat vanilla wow BTW) is really hurting this game
    Tinfoil hat complaint: check.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

What about long question chains like in vanilla for unique rewards
    Like an expansion long legendary quest line?

Why not just use ground mounts?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This shit is 8 years old like what else can they possibly give you that's ''creative'' because there not really creative and they haven't been awhile.

- PS use a god dam ground mount if you don't wanna use a flying one but don't involve the rest of us that rather fly while you go cry and say I WANT PEOPLE TO BE ON GROUND MOUNTS TOO.

k cyza

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems every expansion just follows the same formula. Mount drops, Ilvl, Dungeon Queues, and Leveling 5 more levels.....

What about long quest chains like in vanilla for unique rewards (Felsteed quest, paladin mount etc)

Gear has never been that unique. It was just harder to get, but it was never that unique. Now the gear to get is heroic or heroic thunderforged; those the people that you drool over. Who cares if someone walks around in LFR gear? How does that really affect ouy?

You don't have to fly. No one is forcing you.

Long quest chains are fun...to a degree. For something big and worth it, sure, like legendaries. Quests for something as simple as a mount? An annoyance.

Vanilla (classic) WoW is simply old. Not necessarily the best nor the standard to measure by. We don't measure today's cars by the ones made in 1920 and say "gosh, they were so much better back then".

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    This shit is 8 years old like what else can they possibly give you that's ''creative'' because there not really creative and they haven't been awhile.

- PS use a god dam ground mount if you don't wanna use a flying one but don't involve the rest of us that rather fly while you go cry and say I WANT PEOPLE TO BE ON GROUND MOUNTS TOO.

k cyza
    so much anger..... Are you ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    so much anger.... Are you ok?

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 02:25 AM ----------

so much anger..... Are you ok?
    No I'm not okay like people keep shitting on my flying mount and crying about it when there not forced to fly at all.

Aka you

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm not okay like people keep shitting on my flying mount and crying about it when there not forced to fly at all.

Aka you
    AS angry as she or he may sound I gotta agree lol. Quit your crying about your nostalgia, Vanilla WoW is over. If you hate flying mounts, just pop up your Kodo/Wolf/Horse/Tiger/Elephant/Mammoth and tread your way across Azeroth making 3 times the effort to get around and enjoy that nostalgia all by yourself.

Those long quests were not fun. When having to walk across the whole world for my demons was the dumbest thing ever.

And if you don't like flying mounts then don't use them. Simple as that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

One man's "Badge of Honor" is another man's "I'll never get that. Screw this game, ima unsub".

At the end of the day, like it or, what keeps subs matters more than a few people feeling like they have special "badge of honor" gear.\

Edity: As for a "lack of creativity"....given the environments and storyline and all the other things in MoP alone, I don't see how you could make that comment with a straight face. WoW is an MMORPG, of course there are certain tropes of gameplay that will continue. We play WoW because of what it is, not becasue of what other genres do. If you seek massively different game play, what you TRULY seek if a different game. Maybe it's time to look into them, they don't even need to be MMOs (though there are many non RPG MMOs out there these days too, World of Tanks for example)
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-04-28 at 02:43 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I take it you don't play this game. You're telling me there is nothing innovative and new that has come out since vanilla? Either you don't play now, you never played vanilla, or you just have never played this game period.

You seem to be a fanboy of Vanilla, so let me say that the game started as just another MMO. Just like the others that were out. Over expansions it has added a ton of things. Take the blinders off and stop spitting hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Those long quests were not fun. When having to walk across the whole world for my demons was the dumbest thing ever.

And if you don't like flying mounts then don't use them. Simple as that.
    I for one miss Atunement quests, but can understand why they were removed. Blizzards whole raid philosophy has changed to allow a considerably larger chunk of the player base experience the content they spend so many hours and resources developing. I forget the exact statistic, but the Sunwell back in BC was only raided by something less than 10 percent of the playerbase at the time.

Consider that with ToT in mind, something imo that is a product of similar quality, but made accessible to those who put in a little amount of time to get geared to experience, instead of grueling quest chains and exponential gear requirements.

Deleted

Aka you
    someone never played classic

Well they were never the 'innovators' in my opinion, they adopted concepts reasonably well (in general)

That doesn't mean they don't add new things in the game, and they have broken the mold in recent expacs that changed the community (for better or worse).
    There are now many different ways you can play the game.

If you choose to play the same way you did for the past 7-8 years, then no, the game didn't change much.

But that isn't the games fault is it.

hmmm the story and lore are better then ever....
    Raid fights require more thought then cata ones did.... '
    only like 10% of panda lore was in existence pre-mop...
    Pet battles!
    MoP is beautiful graphically
    the mop music is amazing
    so..
    game play creativity... check
    Environmental creativity... check
    raid mechanics creativity... check
    story creativity... big check
    looks like it isn't leaving

as for gear, gear is a tool to advance not a boasting platform
    as for flying, you are not forced to use it
    as for unique rewards you are not looking hard enough, look at challenge mode rewards, green fire, and so on.
    and as for long quest chains one word "Wrathion"

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    hmmm the story and lore are better then ever....
    Raid fights require more thought then cata ones did.... '
    only like 10% of panda lore was in existence pre-mop...
    Pet battles!
    MoP is beautiful graphically
    the mop music is amazing
    so..
    game play creativity... check
    Environmental creativity... check
    raid mechanics creativity... check
    story creativity... big check
    looks like it isn't leaving

as for gear, gear is a tool to advance not a boasting platform
    as for flying, you are not forced to use it
    as for unique rewards you are not looking hard enough, look at challenge mode rewards, green fire, and so on.
    and as for long quest chains one word "Wrathion"
    Woo.... only took 8 years?

Mist of Pandaria took 2 years there were other version of the game with different stories and goals to achieve. I love this game : D.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    someone never played classic
    http://i.imgur.com/625nu5F.jpg

No I'm ancient but I get the last laugh because I get to laugh at you how wrong you are.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-04-28 at 07:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a hard question to answer since I haven't seen the future expansions yet.

Look, World of Warcraft is what it is after eight years. Expecting it to suddenly become something entirely different is unreasonable. Expecting it to revert to vanilla is also unreasonable.

And who are these unnamed key Blizzard employees you talked about?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-28 at 07:29 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."