Deleted

Blacksmithing or Engineering as profession? (PvP)

Hey, need to decide what profession to pick along with JC on my Rogue. Previously I'd planned to go with BS for the double extra socket, but since the big nerf to pvp gems to deliberately reduce the power of sockets it does make engineering much more attractive. What do you think? It's essentially 1920 Agility for 10 seconds every minute vs. 320 agi / 320 pvp power / 320 pvp res

15+ Year Old Account
    on the rogue I'm levelling i'm going to rock both! am leveling mining and engineering, then when I hit 90 and max out engineering I'll farm the mats for power levelling BSing =D

Best of both worlds!

All the professions (apart some like Herbalism that grants haste and a small heal) grant basically the same amount of stats. Engineering grants it via a small cd, while others grant a static bonus.

if you PvP, PvP power is better than raw agi, but the burst on demand of engineering is really valuable.

Imho go BS - engi.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    All the professions (apart some like Herbalism that grants haste and a small heal) grant basically the same amount of stats. Engineering grants it via a small cd, while others grant a static bonus.

if you PvP, PvP power is better than raw agi, but the burst on demand of engineering is really valuable.

Imho go BS - engi.
    True, but engineering is more burst, and our burst is really going to take a nosedive in 5.3 so I'm thinking anything which helps in that department is a must. Jewelcrafting is mandatory for me because of the convenience factor of making your own gems, and ofc how easy it is to make gold with it. BS - engi is probably the best choice though, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    True, but engineering is more burst, and our burst is really going to take a nosedive in 5.3 so I'm thinking anything which helps in that department is a must. Jewelcrafting is mandatory for me because of the convenience factor of making your own gems, and ofc how easy it is to make gold with it. BS - engi is probably the best choice though, I agree.
    Agreed on all counts.

Engineering is generally awesome. Viewed JUST in rated PvP, a minor "trinket effect" is a better use for the stat gain than the passive stats everything else offers. Viewed outside of that, Engineering's other tricks are super great.

Of the "passive stat" guys, smithing is the best for the reason that gems are important, and smithing is best with them. JC is almost as good. In PvP, your ideal gemming has changed every patch, and sometimes even inside of a patch. In all cases, BS has given you more of "the best" stats. In PvE it's much closer to the normal thing of "the agility bonus is what you want", but even there, there are some gearing levels where 2xHaste > Agi for combat, for instance. JC can support some of that with the chimera eye thing.

I run engi/enchanting, but am always jealous of the extra power smiths and JCs get. Enchanting is basically the equivalent of alchemy, leatherworking, and inscription.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Agreed on all counts.

Engineering is generally awesome. Viewed JUST in rated PvP, a minor "trinket effect" is a better use for the stat gain than the passive stats everything else offers. Viewed outside of that, Engineering's other tricks are super great.

Of the "passive stat" guys, smithing is the best for the reason that gems are important, and smithing is best with them. JC is almost as good. In PvP, your ideal gemming has changed every patch, and sometimes even inside of a patch. In all cases, BS has given you more of "the best" stats. In PvE it's much closer to the normal thing of "the agility bonus is what you want", but even there, there are some gearing levels where 2xHaste > Agi for combat, for instance. JC can support some of that with the chimera eye thing.

I run engi/enchanting, but am always jealous of the extra power smiths and JCs get. Enchanting is basically the equivalent of alchemy, leatherworking, and inscription.
    Yeh having that ability to adapt what stat gains you want is useful, especially with the amount of design churn in PvP lately. Engi also looks easier to level from what I can see