Deleted

Lightbulb What to do? R.i.P CaD

So, with the 10 yard(Omfg) nerf on Cloak and Dagger, is ShS gonna be prio again?
    Well, shit.
    /discuss.

MOD NOTE: You're welcome to mention that CAD may still be useful, but please note that the opening post is directed specifically at people who are choosing to switch to another talent; please don't start arguing about CAD's status, and remember all forum rules apply as usual. -Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-01 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As therherecy points out, there's already a thread on this exact discussion. However, I had to close that because of the inability of people to discuss a particular topic and avoid personal attacks.

From that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    While the potential exists to discuss whether or not the talent C&D holds up after the nerf, or if the nerf is large enough (or unwarranted) exists, this thread has become, by it's nature, filled with borderline-spam comments, and finding interesting posts takes a lot of work. If you'd like to discuss the ramifications of this change, I'd suggest doing it in a new thread with a specific tonality that indicates serious discussion; the exact ramifications, with situations included, rather than poster after poster adding sweeping generalizations based on their opinions.
    For THIS thread, let's keep it cleaner - no rage, no personal attacks, and please, no extreme hyperbole about the death of rogues that invites people to reply that rogues are fine and draw this off-topic that way.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-01 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, a slight range nerf isn't going to make CaD any less than what it used to be. You are just going to be required to predict enemy movement closer than you were before.

I personally wish it was nerfed harder.. because i'm dying to return to ShS.

For arenas it might represent a problem because the kiting is more intense there, rather than RBG where a target is pretty much in the same place when you stunlock it along with 5-6 other people.
    ShS is not that viable due to it`s only 1 usage, just think a little:
    -you shadow dance X(with CaD) and you get feared, if not immediately dispelled, you will lose 2-3 seconds but you will get back on your target within 20 yards if he is not out of LoS; if not dispelled, you will go to China, and your game will be countered
    -you shadow dance X(with ShS) and you get feared, now presuming you have ShS off CD, you can get back as soon as you get dispelled or the CC ends; if you have cd on ShS, you will get to China and your game is countered.

However, from these two examples you can`t tell that much of a difference, but with CaD you can shadow dance on 2-3 people that are close to each other, or even use Subterfuge to do the same.
    CaD is still superior to ShS.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get feared on your shadow dance burst.. you picked the wrong moment to burst.

You forget that CaD only works on stealthed abilities. and only on the combopoint generating ones might i add. Shadowstep can be used whenever.. wherever. Alongside any spell you want. And even on friendlies.

It's sad that CaD is so dominating, because step is way more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Nah, a slight range nerf isn't going to make CaD any less than what it used to be. You are just going to be required to predict enemy movement closer than you were before.

I personally wish it was nerfed harder.. because i'm dying to return to ShS.
    No one said you couldn't use shs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    No one said you couldn't use shs
    Don't act a fool, nobody is going to pick an inferior talent.

Step still brings one of the things it always has- you can land a kidney versus an opponent that is trying to face you and has a lot of avoidance. It also still has the port to friendlies aspect. Meanwhile, burst can keep you in melee versus any comp that isn't all about roots.

The other two don't provide the shocking control abilities that this patch offered with the new talent, but they both have solid uses. You'll likely want to change them up per spec.

I'll also point out that burst can get you around RBGs very fast, for a bit of non arena opinions.