Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Fear - Something must be done.

Fear needs to be fixed. and I mean completely overhauled.

fixes as follows

1) Breaks on a very very low % damage instantly based on the targets hps.
    2) Not spamable, - 15 sec CD
    3) Obeys the laws of wow physics ie...you cant 'run' around underwater or fall through the world.
    4) Limited to single target only.

Currently Locks don't need fear they are far to tanky as it is, and Priests pump out far to much dps as shadow to need fear as part of their arsenal.

Fear should be utilized for CC purposes only.

That is all

10+ Year Old Account
    Fear is already the weakest cc in the game.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't tell if serious? I don't even play a class with fear and it really isn't that good right now. Nimble Brew/Tremor*******/Zerker Rage/Lichborne/Desecrated Ground/Bestal Wrath are all trinkets to get out of it.

But then again I'm not sure what you are target about, the 4 points you had all talk about how bad fear is (and aren't even true lol). So you must be joking? :P

died to a warlock...TO THE FORUMSSSSSS

also, your fix ideas are pretty bad seeing as fear is already pretty poo

How many other CC's have specific mentions in counters, like fear ward and lichborne ?
    Are there several abillities which specifically mention immunity to polymorph for example.

If anything fear is one of the most easily countered, and least reliable CC's.
    How many others with a similar usage will frequently result in having to chase your CC'd target should you wish to keep it in range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just remove warlocks all together, shall we?
    While fear could use some changes, warlocks are currently in such a bad spot, and in 5.3 in an even worse spot, that making changes to their cc is not a good idea. Fear already is a fairly easily countered cc, I think there are currently a lot more important things going on that need to get fixed first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something must be done about a lot of things, Fear is not a top prio

3. yeah they should fix how buggy it can be
    4. it already is
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Here's how it goes:

lock fears
    lock starts casting chaosbolt
    chaosbolt hits for 100k-ish
    people complain fear did not break on dmg as they lost 100k health.

it's how it is. fear is weak, has always been counterable by a tremendous amount of abilities and has always pissed other people off

Fear should be buffed, if anything (baseline howl please)
    Read the signature rules

The only thing they need to fix with fear is its pathing that shouldn't exist at all. When it comes to CC in general I feel stuns is the biggest issue right now since there's so many of them and they don't break on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Lets just remove warlocks all together, shall we?
    While fear could use some changes, warlocks are currently in such a bad spot, and in 5.3 in an even worse spot, that making changes to their cc is not a good idea. Fear already is a fairly easily countered cc, I think there are currently a lot more important things going on that need to get fixed first.
    Tbh I don't think anyone would care lol. Warlocks are just annoying atm. Affli has low overall damage and Destro defines Swifty. You got a Stargate SG1 portal that is the most annoying thing in the entire game ever. Ur sustained damage is often low but u just turtle around with ur 25 defensive abilities. I don't care if they're in a bad spot. They get like full crappy DoT's in one GCD. MoP destroyed Locks. They should be restored to how they use to be coz right now they're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Fear is already the weakest cc in the game.
    wat

i've been complaining about this for months. fear doesn't seem to have a break threshold, either fear is broken, or they need to reword fear's tooltip to reflect it's actual break mechanics.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Priests pump out far to much dps as shadow to need fear as part of their arsenal.
    1. Have a melee on your team, pref DK/warr
    2. Have him sit on priest 24/7
    3. Have him interrupt his casts
    4. ??
    5. Win

Priests can't kite, without fear you will have 100% uptime and that is a dead priest. Also, priest dmg is one of the easiest countered ones atm. Since both mana and damage is bound to casted spells, you will either oom him, or kill any real pressure from him. Thus i conclude this sentence of yours totally outrageous, and there is some vid swifty's put up that shows 5.2 burst from individual classes. Priests are low-middle somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Fear needs to be fixed. and I mean completely overhauled.

fixes as follows

1) Breaks on a very very low % damage instantly based on the targets hps.
    2) Not spamable, - 15 sec CD
    3) Obeys the laws of wow physics ie...you cant 'run' around underwater or fall through the world.
    4) Limited to single target only.

Currently Locks don't need fear they are far to tanky as it is, and Priests pump out far to much dps as shadow to need fear as part of their arsenal.

Fear should be utilized for CC purposes only.

That is all
    With those changes you might as well get rid of it all together. Except the #3 that one might be nice.

1) That was already tried more or less, near the end of cata if memory serves. It ended up braking on a SINGLE non-crit dot tick 99% of the time. Making it useless roughly 99% of the time. You just have to wait it out, fears damage threshold will not go up during all the patchs but damage and health pools will making fear seem like it's breaking "Sooner"

2) I'am going to assume you are purely talking about locks fear. Since priest's fear is on a 30sec CD. They already had lock fear on a CD via talent (blood fear) and was quickly reverted back. Yes it's mostly because it was instant but locks fear has this huge obvious and easily exploitable weakness called a 'cast time'. I would name all the weaknesses of a cast time spell but I assume you would already know them.

3) Might be nice, though it is funny some of the things that can be happened during the "random npc pathing law" as I like to call it. Good example I experienced was in Eye of the storm. Boomkin stealth-phooned me off mid, but a warrior ended up charge fearing me as i was still in range of his fear. So I ended up being feared standing on the cliff itself and ended up fear-pathing all the way back up to the top of the platform. Wish I recorded it was the funniest fear I ever experienced.

4)Your #2 kinda defeats the purpose of this one, or do you mean even if they're are multiple locks only one fear effect can be active at a time? If so then that is a very very bad idea. Not to mention what would happen to the priest's fear.

Also even though it's been already mentioned fear is the easiest countered CC in the game, and is far from being reliable. So many times I feared a started to cast only to have the fear target LoS me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fear used to be the worst CC ever, now it's strong and people complain. (Yes, I hate fear)
    Surrounded by idiots

There is a threshold and as far as I know it is 20% of your HP. The problem is that the way fear is used, not it's break threshold. Typical application of fear is either as a CC with no damage done (or light incidental damage), or you get feared and have a number of debuffs applied and then one big hit. In both cases the 20% threshold is working as intended, just not how people want it to be.

I think the real fix to fear is to have it break at different thresholds based on your health percentage. I have been killed many times with fear acting as a stun when you are feared sub 30% health. You will sit in the fear until you are basically dead.

I actually think it would not be a terrible idea to make fear just not work on people at low health, that way it is preserved as CC for non-targets and will not be abused as it is now to secure kills without anyone being able to respond. Same could be true of stuns. Make it something like when you are below 20% health you go into a rage at impending death and stuns/fear/etc are 25% as effective...

Deleted
    For teams/classes that can counter fear makes it the worst CC in the game.
    For those who can't. It's the other way around more or less.

Fear isnt the problem, AOE fear on a low cd is the problem, and the fact that it has a different DR with some of the more OP classes atm *cough hunters/rogues/mages

I'm swifty macro bursting people through int shout. Fear is blatantly broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

now you want to take fear away for spriests?

lol what more do u want from them, seriously u need to rethink your point of view on fear.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Fear IS utilized for CC purposes only. Anyone attacking a feared target the moment it goes up needs their head checking unless they're popping their hard hitting abilities to make the most of it. Sure, you shouldn't be able to get glitched out of the world because of it, but that doesn't mean it needs removing or 'fixing' in other ways. Let's take a look at counters;

- Druids and Warriors; Temporary fear immunity [and breaker]
    - Paladins; Bubble
    - Priests; Fear Ward
    - Locks; Singe Magic, Sacrificial Pact (a shield so not a breaker, but still a good spell to pop during a fear), Seduction autocast
    - DK's; Lichborne
    - Mages; Ice block
    - Forsaken; Will of the Forsaken
    - Humans; Every man for Himself

So, basically, out of all that, pretty much everyone is covered (besides Shamans, I'm not sure if they've got anything to counter it and they can't be Undead or Human). However, everyone can get a trinket. Up to you if you use it for fear or not. Then there's also the likelyhood of there being a dispeller nearby in most PVP situations.

It already breaks on low-ish damage. However, everyone who DOES attack during a fear (usually the lock) will be pushing their hard hitting abilities. It breaks on the first hit but the amount of damage dealt is much higher than that. People don't seem to comprehend this, and always scream "LOCK DID 35% OF MY HP IN A FEAR! NERF NAOW".

Fear WAS ridiculous in Cataclysm, but it's not as bad now.

Tremor totem
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit