Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sure, when stuns break on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Fear needs to be fixed. and I mean completely overhauled.

fixes as follows

1) Breaks on a very very low % damage instantly based on the targets hps.
    2) Not spamable, - 15 sec CD
    3) Obeys the laws of wow physics ie...you cant 'run' around underwater or fall through the world.
    4) Limited to single target only.

Currently Locks don't need fear they are far to tanky as it is, and Priests pump out far to much dps as shadow to need fear as part of their arsenal.

Fear should be utilized for CC purposes only.

That is all
    I don't think Warlock's Fear is a problem considered it can be interrupted in some form, stun, death grip, interrupt, CC, etc. I often have no problem against warlocks when it comes to Chaos Bolt and fear cause I am always looking out for that. However, people often get tunnel vision and ignore such things.

And considering Fear is a Warlock's only CC.

However, Priests AOE fear is simply ridiculous. That needs to be nerfed somewhere along the line of a Warrior's shockwave. I sometimes simply find it annoying that Blizzard isn't consistent with their decisions. Consider Physic Fear requires nothing to target and is an AOE fear with a 30 sec CD as well as having 2 other fears its quite simply annoying considering Priests have better defences and on demand heals than a Warlock. Lastly you can't even interrupt a Priest's fear.

I would look on rewamping Physic Fear to something along the lines of - Physic Fear - 1 min CD. Lowered to 30 sec if 4 of more players are feared. Would be even better if it was a 1.5 sec cast.

The only thing that needs to be fixed about fear is how you sometimes get thrown through the wall. I've feared people in arenas for example and had them get stuck behind a pillar in the starting room with no way out and no line of sight to hit them. That should definitely be fixed.

Other than that, no, fear isn't very good right now anyway. I'd say almost every other CC is better.

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    I don't think Warlock's Fear is a problem considered it can be interrupted in some form, stun, death grip, interrupt, CC, etc. I often have no problem against warlocks when it comes to Chaos Bolt and fear cause I am always looking out for that. However, people often get tunnel vision and ignore such things.

And considering Fear is a Warlock's only CC.
    i really like you

Deleted
    I find it amazing that someone complains about fear, warlocks are in a very bad spot right now, and there are other more important things that need to be addressed. Fear is the least of your problems. Current situation being how it is, wanting to nerf fear is like asking for them to just go ahead and remove the class altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    The problem with this list is they all have a much longer CD than Fear does.
    It wouldn't be considered CC if you could counter every fear in the game with something.

This whole topic is seriously stupid, it seems the OP just died to a warlock and is now mad about it and wants to nerf the worst pvp class even more.

10+ Year Old Account

fixes as follows

3) Obeys the laws of wow physics ie...you cant 'run' around underwater or fall through the world.

Currently Locks don't need fear they are far to tanky as it is, and Priests pump out far to much dps as shadow to need fear as part of their arsenal.

That is all
    Eh.. what? You want Fear to be able to make the target fall through the world? Or am I reading that COMPLETELY wrong?

Just for clarity, the other 3 points they raised look to be faults in the spells design (breaks easily, has a long CD, and can't mass-fear). To me, it looks like they are complaining that the spell obeys wow-physics. I... I don't see many "fall through world"s anymore. The world is incredibly solid afaik.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-05-02 at 05:33 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It wouldn't be considered CC if you could counter every fear in the game with something.

This whole topic is seriously stupid, it seems the OP just died to a warlock and is now mad about it and wants to nerf the worst pvp class even more.
    Listing "pally bubble" as a way to get out of fear is just as silly. If you read the OP again, he mentioned Shadow Priests and Warlocks, yet people here seem to be all defending Warlocks.

I mentioned it in another post, if Fear acted the way it is supposed to, it'd be fine. Unfortunately, it's buggy. This is a classic case of people cheering for the home team. Half the people say Fear is the best CC in the game and its' broken, the other half say it's horrible (including one post where they said they don't even use it anymore since it's so bad). Clearly both can't be true, but the bugs with Fear make it appear that way to both sets of people.

Fix the bugs with fear, and most of the complaints go away.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Eh.. what? You want Fear to be able to make the target fall through the world? Or am I reading that COMPLETELY wrong?
    Yes, you are. He's saying that it shouldn't cause you to fall through the world, or any other pathing issues for that matter.

Another common trait with fear is that it used to get you trapped behind/inside objects that you couldn't get our from. RoL Arena used to be really bad for this and they even changed the outside walls for this very reason. A Priest/Warlock/Warrior would just fear a player into the wall and they'd get trapped and couldn't get out once fear broke/wore off.

Deleted
    Fear is funny.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You're right, something must be done. Fear is in a pretty bad place right now, we should improve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    died to a warlock...TO THE FORUMSSSSSS

also, your fix ideas are pretty bad seeing as fear is already pretty poo
    $50 says he trinketed the first fear.

Anyone who complains about Fear should probably actually play a Warlock and see how impotent it really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted

fixes as follows

That is all
    This wall of QQ combined with your signature tells me a story about how you were molested by a warlock as a young backpeddling lvl 11 kid.

Warlocks are currently one of the worst pvp classes in the game. 5 minutes or less of investigation will prove this to you.

I would agree that fear needs to be changes tho. It needs to last longer than it currently does. Thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    The only thing they need to fix with fear is its pathing that shouldn't exist at all. When it comes to CC in general I feel stuns is the biggest issue right now since there's so many of them and they don't break on damage.
    Ever been kicked in the balls? Someone else kicking you again doesnt break you out of that stun. I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoroth View Post
    You're right, something must be done. Fear is in a pretty bad place right now, we should improve it.
    They could remove the fear breaks and have fear just leave you in place, for starters.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 90, I rarely ever see fear used but that's because there's so much fucking CC in this game now, no one ever needs it probably forget it exists.

I'll agree on Priests though.. they're nuts.. Maybe I just suck at Mage but when ever it comes to 1v1, Priests never hesitate to jump me or fight.

Fear has always been supposed to break on a certain amount of damage. Now the damage threshold is much too high in my opinion. I often lose well over 20% of my health before fear breaks, which means it isn't really a cc but closer to a stun with an 8 second duration. Either the duration has to be shortened or the threshold has to be lowered, and I don't think the duration should be shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Fear is already the weakest cc in the game.
    If I mentioned what you're actually doing I'd probably get an infraction, so I'll just say, no. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by spandex View Post
    Fear has always been supposed to break on a certain amount of damage. Now the damage threshold is much too high in my opinion. I often lose well over 20% of my health before fear breaks, which means it isn't really a cc but closer to a stun with an 8 second duration. Either the duration has to be shortened or the threshold has to be lowered, and I don't think the duration should be shortened.
    This is the exact problem with fear. Its used with more damage in mind when it should be used and designed as more of a CC tool. Fear is a very very strong form of CC esp vs melee. Currently locks and priests can nearly utterly destroy you in 1 fear duration coupled with a well timed silence of stun as the fear wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If I mentioned what you're actually doing I'd probably get an infraction, so I'll just say, no. Just no.
    He happens to be right. Fear is VERY weak CC against classes with breaks; and those are plentiful