Resto Shaman 25m H questions

Hey i am just wondering is it currently acceptable for a resto shaman to not run a spirit build?
    My reason for asking is the resto shaman in my guild keeps refusing to swap to a "mana bot" build and he insists that his is the better build for the guilds progression, also is there anything else he can do better? here his armory and logs name cant post links yet.
    Stormtree-Stormrage
    Logs are under Rage Official on Stormrage

Too lazy to look at logs right now but he's sitting at such a low amount of haste that he can't actually make use of more spirit if he did stack it. Because of that overall the raid doesn't benefit from him selecting spirit over crit.

That being said... he's got enough gear that he should try for 30% static raid buffed haste with AS talent. More ticks of everything meter-meaningful and faster cast times on the rest. The extra haste actually let's you translate some of the spirit-based regen into meaningful healing.

The shaman has to get SOME benefit from the spirit for it to be worth him tide-stacking. Right now the only way he can spend the mana is if he spams healing surge (which still results in tiny tiny tiny overall hps increases since non-ritpide single target heals are like <15% of shaman healing done).