Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    'Real life' is a term I tend to hear a lot and its such an oxymoronic term. Your life is your life, and that is all there is to it.

Raiding that hardcore would never be for me, but I wouldn't sneer at them just because they found something they are so passionate about. I happen to raid 12 hours a week, and to me that's a perfect balancing act that I can schedule. I have plenty of time to be social, finish up all my studying and coursework, as well as hold a part time job. I also enjoy playing with the people whom are in my guild, sometimes more-so than the people I see everyday.

Anyways, what you seem to fail to realize is that there really is no room for that many guilds at the top to be competing that kind of level. It has less to do with having a commitment than it is to do with finding a replacement with that kind of commitment. If you take the whole raiding population, maybe 200 of them have the skill, commitment, and time to be able to play at that kind of level. They are already all taken, so when a top guild loses someone it is almost impossible for them to get a replacement. Top guilds cannibalize one another and eventually the weaker ones will die out.
    Correct, but that misses my point. All I am saying is that EXACTLY what he said today, is what most casuals have been saying since vanilla. It is like a lightbulb finally went on in his head and he had this epiphany..... 7 years later than the rest of us. It isn´t a matter of them having dedication, or skill or anything.. it is them dedicating their waking lives to a video game... most of us figured out long ago that that is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I respect what the vodka guys did in the past, but what a load of emotional crap to be honest. There is no reason to assume that the hardcore raider is a dying breed and that it will all eventually collapse into one big massive uniform heap of casualness and LFR enjoyment. They are quitting because they can no longer attract the talent necessary to compete for a top 5 spot, and that is simply because the amount of dedicated top tier raiding guilds has increased due to the increased popularity of certain top guilds, the almost celebrity cultus that has come with the streaming phenomenon, the addition of high profile sponsorship deals and the exposure the cream of the crop is getting from both the player base and WoW media.

A least quit in style instead of predicting the apocalypse of hardcore raiding.
    lmao, you refuse to see the truth huh? No one can keep that level of dedication up forever. They are right, eventually it will happen maybe not any time soon but one day those top guilds WILL die out, and as you put it "will all eventually collapse into one big massive uniform heap of casualness and LFR enjoyment".
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    The second fanart is simply stunning, but does anyone have an idea on who's the boss, because it surely doesn't look like DW.
    yea i thought it was badass too, its not one particular boss, looks like a mash-up

Quote Originally Posted by PolleDK View Post
    Not yet. Give it some time though. I'm sure someone will ask for it sooner or later.

People wanted dual specs in the past, now tri-specs. Soon it will be Quad Specs, Penta Specs etc. Then, when we have all the combinations we could think of ever needing, we want it to be even easier to switch between them, even in combat, because of some arbitrary reason, maybe a boss fight requires 3 tanks in phase 1, but only 1 in phase 2; "Would be nice to switch to DPS in combat, else I'm useless half the fight!".

See where I'm going? It never ends until you have all the possibilities at the click of a button, and without moving an inch.

You might be able to get the same thing by visiting a trainer, however, once there, you have to choose which is good thing in my opinion. Let there at least be something left that requires you to move somewhere.

As a matter of fact:

See? Didn't take long

Learn to live with the fact that you have to choose sometimes. Else, what's next? We get to have all Primary Proffs as well? Sure would be nice. Never have to pay obscure amounts of gold for craftable things like gems, enchants etc.
    But that's just it, there's not a choice as it is now. If you want to change specs you can do it already and quite easily. Tri spec would just add convenience and that's what people keep saying. Speccing is not a hard choice and never really has been except maybe in vanilla where 50 gold was still a decent amount of gold. People respec trees and talents even now on a per fight basis if they want to, again, the reason they want tri spec is for convenience. Talent trees are not about choices other than if you want to go through the hassle of visiting a trainer, rearranging your bars, and using a trivial amount of gold. That's it.

Also, people have wanted multiple specs forever, it wasn't just let us have 2. You're trying to make it into some kind of slippery slope argument that I just don't see when it comes to respeccing mid fight, all buffs, every profession etc (which btw, many people do have every profession already through alts more or less). As far as additional specs beyond 3, I personally don't see much need but I wouldn't be against it at all for reasons already stated.

Deleted
    all the PVE heroes whining its funny seeing as you get the most attention in this game and yous till fucking whine

Bear in mind that a guild is made up of people, and each person in that guild has their own reasons for stopping with the raiding scene. The statement posted is just an overall explanation, there's a hundred more reasons for why the guild's progression is falling apart---not necessarily reasons worth sharing with the rest of the internet.

A popular guild falling apart doesn't mean the game is in decline or some other interpreted "truth", everything that has a beginning has an end---new guilds will rise to take the spotlight.

That said, I personally agree with that the "cycle" seems never-ending. It was fun in Classic to advance through the content, it was still exciting to progress in BC and explorer the world further, it became less interesting in WotLK when they started throwing in apparent filler content like TotC and it because really dull in Cata with DS. MoP raiding to me became more about the mechanics than exploration or the story (did you really care about facing the Sha of Fear as to say, a lore figure like Kel'thuzard/Vashj?) and the new raiding tier hasn't even made me resubscribe yet (just because I truly do not give a damn about the new generic monster "Mogu" race, their background story and active plots are just dull in my opinion).

I might resubscribe for the whole raid on Orgrimmar content patch if they actually intend to do that, because that would actually feel like a Warcraft game's story (which we've had next to nothing of in MoP, despite all the promises).

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    all the PVE heroes whining its funny seeing as you get the most attention in this game and yous till fucking whine
    People like you are what's wrong with the world.

You think that just because you enjoy PvP it's the only way to play the game, I've seen so many hardcore PvPers that go on about how bad PvE Heroes are and then completely fail themselves in raids not only on mechanics but on overall dps output as well. Most pvpers don't know shit about the game outside their PvP rotation and because of that they fail in raids. This is also the reason they seem to avoid raids, It's not actually because you guys think it's easy, it's because you guys don't want to be caught out by others as being completely terrible outside pvp.

This attribute is most present in PvP dedicated rogues.

I can't wait to see all the crying when patch 5.3 comes out and PvPers start getting smashed by (as they put it) "PvE Heroes"

Also just wanted to point out 'Yous' is not a word, the correct usage in your sentence is "game and you still(*) fucking whine". The way this works is that you have already established that you are talking about a group of people earlier in the sentence and therefore do not need to reaffirm it with fake words that you made up.
    Last edited by Lynix; 2013-05-01 at 10:14 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post

You think that just because you enjoy PvP it's the only way to play the game, I've seen so many hardcore PvPers that go on about how bad PvE Heroes are and then completely fail themselves in raids not only on mechanics but on overall dps output as well. Most pvpers don't know shit about the game outside their PvP rotation and because of that they fail in raids. This is also the reason they seem to avoid raids, It's not actually because you guys think it's easy, it's because you guys don't want to be caught out by others as being completely terrible outside pvp.

I can't wait to see all the crying when patch 5.3 comes out and PvPers start getting smashed by (as they put it) "PvE Heroes"

Also just wanted to point out 'Yous' is not a word, the correct usage in your sentence is "game and you still(*) fucking whine". The way this works is that you have already established that you are talking about a group of people earlier in the sentence and there for do not need to reaffirm it with fake words that you made up.
    I would argue that hardcore PvPers are make some pretty awesome raiders due to the fact that PvP teaches situational awareness a lot better than current entry PvE ever will
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post

Also just wanted to point out 'Yous' is not a word, the correct usage in your sentence is "game and you still(*) fucking whine". The way this works is that you have already established that you are talking about a group of people earlier in the sentence and therefore do not need to reaffirm it with fake words that you made up.
    Oh, so it's people like him, is why the world is so fucked up? Gotchya!

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I would argue that hardcore PvPers are make some pretty awesome raiders due to the fact that PvP teaches situational awareness a lot better than current entry PvE ever will
    Hardcore PvPers are good at reactions, much less so in regards to situational awareness and coordination with 24 other people. A lot of the ones that I played with actually had a tendency to zone out during "easier" phases in fights then die when it ramped up. Not all of them are this way of course, some are just overall good players. By good players though, I really just mean have the ability to focus and possess game knowledge. Those are the only real requirements to playing this game well imo.

EDIT: Sad to hear about Exodus, but knew it was going to happen. It is WAAAAY too hardcore now. It used to be that you would just have a main raid once a week. Once you finished it with your hardcore push for world first, it became a gentle 4 hour raid week with a lot of free time. Now you have like 4 sets of alts with gear so that you can gear main raiders up super quickly and it is a neverending process of farming gear, gold, and other nonsense. I think that Algalon is the first boss that introduced the idea of using alts, though I dunno when they extended the alt process to every tier. It is beyond ridiculous at this point though.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2013-05-01 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    lmao, you refuse to see the truth huh? No one can keep that level of dedication up forever. They are right, eventually it will happen maybe not any time soon but one day those top guilds WILL die out, and as you put it "will all eventually collapse into one big massive uniform heap of casualness and LFR enjoyment".

Sound weird but True, but also remember blizz knows that just 25% of the end population actually raid, so while this hardcore guild decide to call it quits as soon as more hardcore guild quits also maybe there will be no need to keep releasing a new raid every other patch...

Im wishing the day 10man become the standard and you have 5man raid...

PS; I feel that its just time someone come up with a different way to progress @ end game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you please fix the Ad that shows up in the upper right hand corner of each post, it always blocks some of the text

EDIT: Sad to hear about Exodus, but knew it was going to happen. It is WAAAAY too hardcore now. It used to be that you would just have a main raid once a week. Once you finished it with your hardcore push for world first, it became a gentle 4 hour raid week with a lot of free time. Now you have like 4 sets of alts with gear so that you can gear main raiders up super quickly and it is a neverending process of farming gear, gold, and other nonsense. I think that Algalon is the first boss that introduced the idea of using alts, though I dunno when they extended the alt process to every tier. It is beyond ridiculous at this point though.
    The first time I recall the alt issue coming up was M'uru. We needed another heroism and ended up getting an alt one decently geared up somehow but it was a pain. We contemplated an alt warlock but those of us who could press buttons because we had a warlock alt in the end took turns playing the warlock char whose owner had RL issues. I don't remember our rank at the time and it wasn't even that great, US 50 ish? Maybe higher ranked guilds just had enough of each class to never consider it before WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    The first time I recall the alt issue coming up was M'uru. We needed another heroism and ended up getting an alt one decently geared up somehow but it was a pain. We contemplated an alt warlock but those of us who could press buttons because we had a warlock alt in the end took turns playing the warlock char whose owner had RL issues. I don't remember our rank at the time and it wasn't even that great, US 50 ish? Maybe higher ranked guilds just had enough of each class to never consider it before WotLK.
    That isnt the alt issue that I am speaking of. Most people have an alt or two that is pretty reasonably geared. I myself had alts that were brought into raids when necessary, as did other people. This was optional and not everybody had one. You also didnt run raids with like 8 main heroes and 17 alts to gear up all of the mains at the beginning of each tier.

Also, most top guilds had extra actual people sitting and waiting for a spot or when they are needed. So you would have 25 in the raid and an extra 5-10 people of various classes waiting to get in just sitting on the bench. Our guild was only top on the server (MAYBE top 250 in the US apart from minor breakout performances) and we werent particularly hardcore but we still had people on the bench all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    That isnt the alt issue that I am speaking of. Most people have an alt or two that is pretty reasonably geared. I myself had alts that were brought into raids when necessary, as did other people. This was optional and not everybody had one. You also didnt run raids with like 8 main heroes and 17 alts to gear up all of the mains at the beginning of each tier.

Also, most top guilds had extra actual people sitting and waiting for a spot or when they are needed. So you would have 25 in the raid and an extra 5-10 people of various classes waiting to get in just sitting on the bench. Our guild was only top on the server (MAYBE top 250 in the US apart from minor breakout performances) and we werent particularly hardcore but we still had people on the bench all the time.
    Oh I agree it definitely got way, way worse until we got the ridiculousness it is now. We had a bench but I imagine a top guild would have had to have a really large bench to be able to class stack before alts could be geared the way they can now. (I also imagine maintaining that bench has gotten much harder)

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Oh I agree it definitely got way, way worse until we got the ridiculousness it is now. We had a bench but I imagine a top guild would have had to have a really large bench to be able to class stack before alts could be geared the way they can now. (I also imagine maintaining that bench has gotten much harder)
    Most top guilds had enough to run 2 full raid groups, one being the "best of the best" and the others being the filler players. At some point between then and now they decided that it was best to just have one really good raid group so that they dont have to teach people the fight when they come in. I am fairly certain that the Algalon push is what made alt raids much more prominent.

I am not okay with heirloom shields being added. Sure, I would love to have the healer's shield on my shaman, but the other is just going to make "low level" PvP even more unbearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why nerf Lei Shen's health? It makes no sense..
    LFR wipes in the transition phases, where you can't target Lei Shen, so health is irrellevant.. Nerfing his health, only helps you get to transition phase a bit faster, and thus wipe faster..

If anything should be nerfed, it should be the length of transition phase: Shorter transition = less screwups by players = less risk of wipe.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

i think based on ghostcrawlers responses.. he probably died around a year ago when cata first came out. blizz then replaced him with a brain dead monkey and another employee that does the spellchecking on the monkey's replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I am not okay with heirloom shields being added. Sure, I would love to have the healer's shield on my shaman, but the other is just going to make "low level" PvP even more unbearable.
    Blizzard admitted several times they don't give a sh*t about pvp, especially low level pvp.