Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Affliction did you like better for PvP old style (WoLK) or MoP

As the title asks which was your fav play style....running around dotting and occasionally Shadow bolt proc with drain life and soul filler or mal grasp channel style (with a billion insta interupts and ccs now)

Deleted
    I liked Affliction a lot in Cata due to the ability of doing multi dot pressure. Also, soul swap was a nice addition.
    In MoP, because of MG, dots by themselves are not strong enough to do enough pressure like they used to in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC, many dots, good survivability, lots of damage.
    The current style is not made for PvP, honestly, I just hate affliction at the moment for PvP. It just doesn't feel right....

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    TBC, many dots, good survivability, lots of damage.
    The current style is not made for PvP, honestly, I just hate affliction at the moment for PvP. It just doesn't feel right....
    This so much. I love Cata Affy personally.

I like the anything but mop affy pvp style

I still enjoy affliction in randoms and sometimes when just capping out in 2s, otherwise I go destro when trying to be more serious. Suicide by UA is a lot of fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Grozny View Post
    I still enjoy affliction in randoms and sometimes when just capping out in 2s, otherwise I go destro when trying to be more serious. Suicide by UA is a lot of fun to see.
    Not every class needs every 3 specs viable (altough i think none of our 3 is ...), and we (me too) are upset because we were used to play affliction for so long on pvp.

If they fix'd any spec on pvp right now, i would be happy. I don't know, even if it was a bug, i think demon needed the 2 portals. Etc.

We traded afflic pvp for pve, i L O V E affliction for pve right now, with all the dots ticking faster than ever and malefic enhancing them (casting while walking also is really fun as afflic, almost 50% of the fun, with malefic grasp on).

And the oposite happened to destro, altough not so brutally.

On topic: Affliction from mists, even if it sucks, because if i did not, wouldn't get afflic for pve like this =3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Not every class needs every 3 specs viable (altough i think none of our 3 is ...), and we (me too) are upset because we were used to play affliction for so long on pvp.

If they fix'd any spec on pvp right now, i would be happy. I don't know, even if it was a bug, i think demon needed the 2 portals. Etc.

We traded afflic pvp for pve, i L O V E affliction for pve right now, with all the dots ticking faster than ever and malefic enhancing them (casting while walking also is really fun as afflic, almost 50% of the fun, with malefic grasp on).

On topic: Affliction from mists, even if it sucks, because if i did not, wouldn't get afflic for pve like this =3
    Affliction has been viable in PVE many many times, without being unplayable in PVP. It's great that the two other specs are "viable", but destro and demo aren't really viable. If you manage to kill something as destro, that something let you. All it takes is pillarhumping and one chaos bolt won't be enough. You'd need 3-4 chaos bolts to kill a player. I never tried demo in pvp, I admit, but I don't see it doing well.

I'd probably have to go with WOTLK or TBC, not just because of affliction but more just because there were less abilities. You countered with x, which was countered with y. Now the countering goes on forever, seeing as there are so many things that the ones you started off with comes off cd before you're done. Remove 60% of all cc and I'd be happy.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-05-02 at 04:33 AM.

SL/SL is where the real fun was. Wasn't even playing a lock back then, made one on a PTR with full S3 and just raped shit.

Deleted
    i have not even entered an arena as affli since mop. Just the thought of doing it is ridiculous. You have weak ass dots, only start doing damage when all procs and you are channelling, ie BEGGING for an opponent to interrupt you .... and then youre back to spreading impy mcweaksauce dots and waiting to be tunneled.

All in all, our dmg revolves around a channeling spell , which is a ridiculous concept for pvp.

Cata afflic was awesome imo, the whole malefic grasp thing sorta ruined multidotting in BG's. Yeah we can still multidot but it hardly does any damage to the point where it is basically pointless to do it.

I'm a big fan of the old style. And not just in PvP. I just can't get Affliction to work for me at all since the changes made in Mists.

WOTLK best aff warlock

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post

Not sure why I was quoted here?

Old aff playstyle was about mobility and survivability. Run and dot shit and use instant cast procs. Might have been too good for PVP. SL/SL dominated PVP back in TBC. Fun for the lock, not very fun for the opponents so that's not very fair. Now its just a channeling sitting duck, especially PVP.

Used to love going aff for PVP and doing old content cause of the survivability but that's been nerfed to oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being tanky with soul link/demon armor, dots doing damage, mana drain, shadowflame, instant shadow bolt procs, devour magic... We sure have lost a lot of cool stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to be a vanilla fanboy but I liked Vanilla aff lock.. back when locks were mushrooms. (hopefully some of you remember that one)

I have always enjoyed playing aff.. especially in WotLK days when there was a second destro ONLY lock and I would beat him most times as aff. Aff has a dps rotation similar to juggling running chainsaws.. so to me it was always very rewarding.

Both sucks. Both suffered from low single target damage, which I abhor. It's annoying how they can't make the spec be more of an spriest who has excellent single target damage and good multi-dotting pressure. This is also the reason why I switched to spriest in cata.

Poor single target damage + extremely fragile against melee and interrupts = horrid design. This spec is one of the shittiest they ever designed for the last 2 expansions. This whole throttle mechanic is such BS. Look at how spriests are doing with just their dots plus filler. Why have to push that MG crap when it just helped with the decline of the spec.

I literally had 2 sets of dots on me in a BG from 2 locks, did not even manage to kill me and they have tyrranical pieces on! That is just pathetic.

Wotlk had the best affliction, because the dots can actually kill someone.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2013-05-02 at 07:48 PM.

Cata before DS Aff+legendary staff was hilarious at BGs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Cata before DS Aff+legendary staff was hilarious at BGs
    Got my legendary staff on the day DS hit, yay for unlucky 10 man raiding! <3 (same day it was nerfed to a shameful state)
    That's one experience I will regret never having up until we get a new legendary item.