Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've farmed the blue one since the day i turned 80 back in wrath and still it hasn't dropped for me, green is easy, got like 4 of them from tanking bags and the red takes no time at all. also the ulduar ones are very easy to get

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Are the ulduar achieves doable in like 2 weeks?
    You can get in and out of ulduar within a couple hours tops. Couple months ago I took my 473 ilvl alt lock through and soloed GotUR + algalon + 0 light and it only took a couple hours, so if you have any more gear than that or bring other people it'll be a cakewalk. And for the naysayers complaining about iron dwarf, medium rare -- yes it's the most boring and longest achievement in the meta, but it's not that painful. Me personally I'd find having to do the 3 oculus runs + however many VH runs to get all the different bosses + share the pain (remember, you need 5 people for this one) much more annoying since you can do a full GotUR run in a couple hours time.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    If you are going to do ulduar, keep in mind taht some bosses may be impossible to solo. Thorim needs at least two (though a pet may do, don't know), mimiron hits for a substantial amount and needs more ranged than I could do on my prot warrior and that was without hard mode.
    I soloed everything on a 473 lock and the only difficulties I had was executing Thorim right and bad RNG on yogg 0. I think I 1 shot firefighter.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

For as much as you may want to solo, the Ulduar protos are by far the quickest and easiest to gear, all it takes is one good Ulduar 10/25m achieve run. Try openraid.com to find a good cross-realm group.

Oh and one other thing for the people saying green is the easiest -- while it might be easy it isn't the fastest since they would need to do dailies to get their rep high enough to be able to start buying the egg (you need revered with The Oracles).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    You can get in and out of ulduar within a couple hours tops. Couple months ago I took my 473 ilvl alt lock through and soloed GotUR + algalon + 0 light and it only took a couple hours, so if you have any more gear than that or bring other people it'll be a cakewalk. And for the naysayers complaining about iron dwarf, medium rare -- yes it's the most boring and longest achievement in the meta, but it's not that painful. Me personally I'd find having to do the 3 oculus runs + however many VH runs to get all the different bosses + share the pain (remember, you need 5 people for this one) much more annoying since you can do a full GotUR run in a couple hours time.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 11:20 AM ----------

I soloed everything on a 473 lock and the only difficulties I had was executing Thorim right and bad RNG on yogg 0. I think I 1 shot firefighter.
    Iron Dwarf Medium Rare isn't painful...now, since you can literally sit there through the enrage with a tank + healer and not die. Don't mind me, I just despise that achieve having done it 3-4 different times when it was current content. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think you could solo the red one due to oculus/ the rhino boss requiring multiple people to be impaled? >.<

I only have violet one can't solo all the achievements in ulduar yet either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    Blue. Took me 4 Runs to get it. But you have to do it on heroic and do Skadi in 3 minutes(Which is easy at level 90)

Egg, been buying them since Wrath and never gotten the Green Proto :/

Talk about bad luck eh?
    You dont HAVE to do Skadi in 3 mins. Thats an achieve only, has no result on the mount drop chance.

Most of the Red Proto drake can be solod in terms of achievements at 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I remember reading a while back that it was possible to get the Share the Love achievement with less than 5 in the party. Think it had to do with mage invisibility resetting that players impale and a second would count as two impales on one character. Possibly hunter pets getting hit with it as well.

Ironbound/rusted/red are easiest. Maybe blue/time-lost if you're lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Red: You really don't need others for MOST of the achievements. Two is enough for Oculus in every form (read up on the respective void entries on wowhead as you will need to change tactics with the drakes due to the stat imbalance). The five required for GD is unavoidable. The hardest part is getting people to understand how it works (so they don't accidentally kill the boss as you wait to meet the requirement).

Blue: You can handle Skadi as an 81 DK. Go blood and put on your Cata greens/blues. Just run by the first boss. Low drop of course.
    EDIT: No reason not run this on all your characters, every day by the way. Just depends on how much you feel like moving characters around if you can't park them outside, I guess.

Uld 10/25: openraid.eu or openraid.us. People run these all the time.

Green: I was one of the lucky ones who got it in a tanking satchel. An easy grind legit but not necessarily a quick or guaranteed one.

Plagued: BMAH. Quick if it shows up, probably not cheap!

TLPD: Expect to lose 2-4 weeks just waiting on an actual TLPD spawn (even with the spawn timers significantly reduced and not at ALL predictable now thanks to CRZ) and that's assuming you're the only one around! Pond hasn't kept it updated to account for CRZ but just so you know what you're in for:

the obsolete 10 min. prep (still relevant enough): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNkVBFwsTVo

the 'I don't want to read your site; tell me everything!' prep + site: http://tlpdresource.com/

If you want to make your camp less. . .involved, sit through this video. He's going to offer some VERY helpful tips that are not accessed directly through links. Can't promise they're as beneficial now that SP is crowded again and given that TLPD/Vyra haul ass once they spawn but it's the reason I got my first Aeonaxx. If you can't put your head down to see this grind through to the end, it's probably not worth it. Precious few are lucky to get away with it without a significant chunk of time lost

Violet: Not hard but it takes a year. /shrug

BMAH: See plagued.

Personally, my vote goes to Uld and/or red. Since you have several capable characters, get both the Ulds in a matter of hours.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2013-05-01 at 08:30 PM.

As far as solo goes and pending on RNG like others have said Green/Blue.
    Violet is quite easy too but obviously more time consuming.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Thanks to everyone who participated in making this thread so successful. Iv'e decided on doing the Ulduar 10 achievements seeing as i already have 4 of them.
    Also: i went to storm peaks and there weren't many people there suprisingly, what is the spawn timer on TLPD?

Deleted
    You can solo Glory of the Hero very easily these days. I solo'd it at 85 on my Enhancement Shaman.
    The only one that may take you some time is Lockdown! depending on how lucky you are with the boss spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    You can solo Glory of the Hero very easily these days. I solo'd it at 85 on my Enhancement Shaman.
    The only one that may take you some time is Lockdown! depending on how lucky you are with the boss spawns.
    Uh, how can you solo that when one of the achievements requires 5 unique party members to be impaled? I.e., the Share the Love achievement.

Took me years to get the blue drake to drop from UP

I would have to say red is prolly the easiest except for the occulus achieves

The green drake is easy if your luck is in

TBH i would try to get a group together to get the ulduar drake which can be done in a single night if the group isnt a bunch of derps

Deleted
    blue was 1 shot here red done ulduar got both even its easy

Also: i went to storm peaks and there weren't many people there suprisingly, what is the spawn timer on TLPD?
    See my above links. The hour-long one (there's really not much going on visually so you can just listen to it while you play) details what Pond has updated. He records an average of 3-6 hours between spawns in MoP BUT you have to remember that TLPD is a rare spawn of a rare spawn, sharing its timer with Vyragosa. You could potentially see nothing but the big blue for weeks.

I kept a log of my camp. 21 Vyras total with three missed while I was offline (at the time, I could stalk other campers' armories and verify they'd killed her if they looted an Azure helm). The 22nd spawn was TLPD. I was on break when I did my camp so I did not miss a single spawn (in accounting for them). The window was a consistent 10-13 hour wait after each spawn on my server. NR rares, however, affected the timer as well since there was a cap on how many could be alive. It doesn't appear that there's a rare cap anymore, but how CRZ influences this, I have no idea.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2013-05-02 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks to everyone who participated in making this thread so successful. Iv'e decided on doing the Ulduar 10 achievements seeing as i already have 4 of them.
    Keep in mind that when you do a /who storm peaks it won't show CRZ people, only people on your own realm (you can test this by shift-clicking someone that is talking in general chat and it will say "0 players total").

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    For as much as you may want to solo, the Ulduar protos are by far the quickest and easiest to gear, all it takes is one good Ulduar 10/25m achieve run. Try openraid.com to find a good cross-realm group.
    This, I actually did Ulduar for the first time last night in a 30-minute speed run and got all but 3 achievements for GotUR 25. This seems like the quickest way.