Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It ends by just giving everyone access to all their specs, and letting them customize their build for whatever content they are playing by changing talents and glyphs. They can be swapped in a matter of seconds for a trivial amount of mats.
    And if every class had every spec, now everyone is rolling need to gear their 22 specs. They would need MORE bag space and MORE bank space.

I don't think there should be any "specs" like we have now where you're limited to 2 different choices of talents for whatever spec of your class you chose. Instead, you should just be able to choose which spec to be currently, and have the talents/bars be saved for that spec.

So everyone would have 3 "specs", except Druids whom would have 4 "specs". This would only make those that PvE and PvP in the same spec, but with how cheap it is to change glyphs/talents, it's not really that big of a headache at all.

Doubt many others would go with this, but that's how I feel it should be.

Edit: Looks like Tinykong beat me to it.

As for what Superman said, about people then trying to gear all their spec options. Whatever, if they want to they can. In 5 mans at the very start of an expansion does it really matter when you're trying to gear with strangers. As LFR you can't compete against strangers anymore, so that's not really a big deal. If your guild wants to gear all your specs in raiding, then that's their choice as well.
    Last edited by Caladia; 2013-05-01 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The reality is, classes have 3 talent specs... and not 4, 5, 6 or 7. This could probably happen in your own little world.
    Druids would like a word with you.

Aside from Druids being the unique one with 4 specs, there is more then just one aspect to this game. Factor in PvP and Arena and you're looking at more then just 3 spec / optimal builds to fit those roles. While I don't see a reason for the cap at 2 combos to switch from, I get why they're hesitant.

I'm not a programmer so I don't know the exact details that go into it, but with the equipment manager, you can save many more then two armor sets. I can't imagine that when you hit "switch spec" it's much different then that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And if every class had every spec, now everyone is rolling need to gear their 22 specs. They would need MORE bag space and MORE bank space.
    No class has 22 specs. Every class has 3 specs, and druids have 4. If you want to PVP on your rogue, pick whatever spec you want, choose your talents/glyphs, and go do it. No visiting a trainer, just use the tomes to replace the talents and glyphs.

As for the gear rolls, just put up the box with the three roles, you select one, and that's the gear you get.

This system would be extremely simple and easy to use, and you could change into whatever game play you wanted to instantly, anywhere you wanted to, with trivial vendor mats.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The reality is, classes have 3 talent specs... and not 4, 5, 6 or 7. This could probably happen in your own little world.
    Druids have 4 specs. If they do, others may end up with 4.

Also, say with hunter

BM PvP
    BM PvE
    MM PvP
    MM PvE
    SV PvP
    SV PvE

I make that 6 specs tbh but I did learn to add up a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could people insist on PVP or PVE specs when the difference at this point is just talents that you can change on the fly?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    ^

As much as I would love for my warrior to have PVE Fury, PVE Tank, and PVP Arms, them introducing a tri-spec would most likely set a precedent they don't want existing.
    That boat sailed with Dual Spec. I say let people have as many options as their class allows.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would happen.
    Why do we even have specs? A class should have access to ALL class talents and abilities. That's what I see being the next step after tri-spec.

Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would happen.
    I mean this with all due respect, but that is garbage. Blizzard is not obligated to do those just because they provided a tri spec. If that were the case, we'd have tri specs already because they release dual specs.

Why even have specs then?

It ends by just giving everyone access to all their specs, and letting them customize their build for whatever content they are playing by changing talents and glyphs. They can be swapped in a matter of seconds for a trivial amount of mats.
    And the QQ when a paladin has full healing talent and full tank talent options on one build in pvp?
    A hunter hitting lynx rush, murder of crows, stampede, and bestial wrath all at once?
    Etc....etc....etc....

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I mean this with all due respect, but that is garbage. Blizzard is not obligated to do those just because they provided a tri spec. If that were the case, we'd have tri specs already because they release dual specs.
    And yet once we got dual specs, the crying started for tri-spec. And if we have tri-spec, there will be crying for 4-spec and so on.
    Where do you expect Blizz to draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    True, But there are different things you could do with 7 different specs.

For druids for instance...

PvE Bear
    PvP Bear
    PvE Resto
    PvP Resto
    PvP Kitty
    PvE Kitty
    PvE Boomy
    PvP Boomy

Now I don't avidly PvP...with good reason, It's a cancer I'd rather not touch. But that is just an example
    That is 4 specs, 8 diff talent set ups. There is a difference. You can interchange talents without changing specs. No need to muddle the issue. Same with everyone else talking about talent changed like it is a spec change, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure it takes more time setting that addon up than is worth it...

Why the hell would you need an addon? If you want to enjoy that many facets of the game you're going to be spending a lot of time getting gear for all of it. Something tells me if you're going to go through the trouble of doing that consistently, changing keybinds and shit is hardly any effort at all. Considering You're only switching out a few spells for the most part anyway. With my shaman, if I ever wanted to go rest (Ele/enh right now) It would take less than 30 seconds to get all my shit straight. If you seriously are suggesting we need trispec because this is too tedious then I don't know what to tell you, but that's the epitome of laziness. Chances are if you're that lazy you don't give a shit about having a 3rd spec you'll more than likely never use anyway.

The other thing is all these fan boys crying that they need tri spec. I bet you a month after they release they're going to complain because now people are expecting them to be able to play any spec; either that or they're going to think it's too much effort and virtually ignore it.

The max we would need is 3. I don't know why people are saying, "well then people are gonna want 4 or 5." Thats just dumb. Maybe back in Cata or Wrath when you actually had some points to spend it made sense, but now all we would need is to swap between the 3 and then move the points and glyphs around with tomes. There's no need to have another spec saved just because you're too lazy to take 30 seconds to swap talents and glyphs.

People saying you need a PvE BM spec and a PvP BM spec (just as an example). That's just stupid. The only difference is a couple talents moved around.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the gear rolls, just put up the box with the three roles, you select one, and that's the gear you get.

This system would be extremely simple and easy to use, and you could change into whatever game play you wanted to instantly, anywhere you wanted to, with trivial vendor mats.
    Yes, because they have been so thorough thus far in making gears roll simple with TWO specs. I'm gonna have to pass on this. It is just way over the top, and the slippery slope mentioned earlier would turn into a 90 degree drop in the blink of an eye.

This would happen.
    Because classes don't have that many specs to spec in to. There's a simple answer that completely shuts down that nonsense.

There should be as many spec slots as each class has specs. This system is just outdated. "Uniqueness" doesn't exist as it is so give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Agreed. Where does it finally end? Then if we got tri specs, everyone would want a 4th spec. If we get quad specs, everyone would want a 5th spec. They are right in stopping this before it gets out of control. The gear rolls would be off the charts once you are in a group and trying to gear all 3 specs now. If you think the "QQ he stole my gear in a 5 man" is bad now, just imagine what would happen when you need THREE different types of gear, and not just two.
    This makes no sense. As it is, in dungeons people need on any gear they can anyways. In LFR it's a non-issue because you only roll for yourself. In real raids you have people who give out loot or roll or what have you but it is decided in group and has no bearing here. So really all you have is dungeons and if it's that big a deal just apply the LFR loot system to dungeons and problem solved. This really is a silly argument against this system.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest reason for me to deny it is the "if you give a mouse a cookie" scenario.

If you give the players 2 specs, they will want 3. If you give them 3, then they want a 4th tree for all classes. If you give them a 4th tree then they want 4 specs.

It continues until you reach either a point of total lunacy (10 specs/trees anyone?) or you give up and say "no more specs, just have everything baseline."

For those saying that 3 is all we'd ever want, I passed by a "4th spec ideas" thread on my way in here. It's already happening.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    How could people insist on PVP or PVE specs when the difference at this point is just talents that you can change on the fly?
    As I mentioned in another thread, the real value for PvP is the ability to have a unique barset and UI between the two, since spell usage varies a lot between the two. It's enormously frustrating and time consuming to have to manually swap all my action bars around so the right things are on the right keybinds depending on which activity I'm doing. Changing the actual glyphs and talents is trivial.

And, no, as far as I know there's no addon that can do this since the bars are saved server-side. New bartender profiles would just swap around the layout of the bars and not what keybind was actually where.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

People will always never be satisfied and want more. That's the only way Blizzard can satisfy is just by continuing to give more of what the player asks for. I hope they do draw a line because who honestly wants 4-5 specs...