Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    really though you dont need all those diffrent specs. Druids being the odd ball out in this but tri spec esentialy means you would never need to see a trainer again ever.

say your a pure class like a warlock and you have tri spec. All you do now is switch spec and change talents, 1 minute max and now you can be affliction/demo/destro PVE or PVP without ever seeing a trainer and you have your entire classes toolkit at your disposal at any time. Hell your PVE/PVP gear doesn't even change. Your on a raid boss fight that's high mobility switch to affliction, are you trying to solo something switch to demo and get a better pet to tank for you, do you want to do daily's and just burst down some targets? switch to destro.

What GC is trying to say is if you have your full toolkit available like that the whole concept of a spec looses meaning. You may as well give pure classes just 1 spec that has everything. The only way to really make those classes unique would be to give them tank and heal specs so that every class could do every roll.
    How is that at all different than now. The only difference is rather than going to town and changing spec you do it on the fly. All it saves is time, nothing more. I already have access to my entire toolkit simply by going to org and spending money and time to change all of it.

The ONLY thing this would prevent is being able to handle any situation without having to leave the area. For example if you're a lock with affliction/destro specs and there is a mob you can't kill except as demo you'd be able to swap to it without missing your shot at that rare because someone will have likely killed it by the time you return. That's the only thing this would stop which to me isn't really a big deal. Whoever gets their first should get the shot, not whoever gets their first and happens to have the right spec at the time.

This whole "makes specs meaningless" is complete BS. Nobody gives a crap about your stupid spec, it's already meaningless with the simple as hell talent system and the ability to change glyphs/talents on the fly with 20s. The only thing it does is remove money from the economy for people who change specs often (this probably doesn't happen anymore) and wastes people's time (having to go to town).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see the concept of Tri-Spec, coming ingame. But make it so that you have to earn it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    GC was not being sarcastic. In a situation where anyone can be anything. Every rogue will be the "right" spec for each boss. Currently, some people like this or some people like that even it's not optimal.

You all need to realize that this is Casual WoW now. The last thing new players need is to be innundated with re-speccing. It's hard enough getting a new player to learn one spec well let alone 2 or 3.

Tri-spec will not happen until class/spec balance is nearly perfect - which it will never be. So /thread
    Plus it makes it easier to stack roles. Just bring only hybrids with tri-spec heal/tank/dps.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Though in Rift, with all of the spec option combinations and the ability to have up to 5 (when last I played), I still only ever used 3, but that 3rd spec I just bought thinking i'd use it, but never did. I miss my Warden.

I don't feel tri-spec would be a very good idea. What I think they should do instead is let you respec at will (possibly using a tome or something similar) they could store talents and most importantly action bars and keybindings for each of the specs. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I changed my talents at a trainer I had to redo my action bars for that other spec. tri-spec in some form (quad for druids) would let us keep the keybindings through respecs without using addons.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I definitely think we should have tri-spec. It wouldn't be 5-6-7-8 now because of the way the new specializations work. Talents/glyphs are cheaply and quickly changed, so you don't need a separate spec for PvP and PvE. There are only 3 specs per class except druids.

I don't agree that changing on the fly is a *bad thing*. I think it is a GREAT thing. It allows you to vary it up and enjoy your class to the fullest. If you are hardcore enough to carry all the right gear for each spec, then a trip to a city isn't that big of a deal. For the regular player, the ability to vary it up- even if you're not the best at each spec- is *very fun*. Again, if you're hardcore enough to change spec to get that extra 1% on a boss, then a trip to the city isn't a big deal. For the average player, the ability to play a different spec for each boss- even if you're not the best at it- is FUN.

I understand the argument that making your spec easy to change makes it feel less of a choice and less "special". On the other hand, a lot of people will limit themselves- they'll say, "I'm an Arcane Mage" and will play arcane 95% of the time. Some people will say "Eh today I'll be fire, tomorrow I'll be frost". Either way people will enjoy their character better....and that's what Blizz should be aiming for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need a third two is enough, stop being lazy it takes 5min to change out the bars.

surprise surprise GC pissing off WoW community

I think they won't add tri-spec because they are going to change the way specs/talents/glyphs work again next expansion, so there is no point to improve the tech when they are going to change it again. with everything being pretty much selecting 7 or 8 checkmarks (spec/talents + new xpac talent) and fill in the other 6 (glyphs), I have a feeling they will combine it all even more.

Something like, instead of being dual specs, you can just have loadout hotswaps, where you select spec/talents/glyphs in some new UI.

Things like the macro system, and the whole spec/talent/glyph UI and functionality need to be rehauled because they seem really old. With stuff like void storage just saving a bunch of item IDs in a database, I feel like they could make it something similar with talents.
    Last edited by Benno; 2013-05-01 at 07:02 PM.

Blizzard stopped finding strong reasons for changes, thay're making to this game, long time ago - somewhere in Cata. First they were trying to find some explanations for the changes, but then they became too lazy to even do it - now they're making changes "just because they want". And it just looks very funny, how carefully GC is trying to find reasons for not implementing tri-spec. Where was his carefulness, when he was making all this changes, that leaded Cata to fail? M? So, stop it! Just stop twisting and implement it already!
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure it takes more time setting that addon up than is worth it...
    not more than it takes to set up your bars.
    Back in cata, I pretty much had 3 specs: Ret Pve/PvP and Holy PvE. I just saved the action bars with action bar saver and my talents (which isn't an issue anymore right now) with talented.

A third spec would be handy though, as I still have to pay for every respec...

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Then they should just drop specs all together. Why have multiples if you don't have to choose between them in any meaningful way? Just do away with specs entirely, throw all the class talents into one big pool available to the whole class, and let everyone devise their own builds.
    You do have to choose between them in a meaningful way. It's obvious for hybrids (tank/dps/heal) but pure DPS classes all have unique flavor to each spec.

They wouldn't need to change anything except to allow each class access to all the specs it can currently use. Instead of seeing two tabs, you'd see three (druids four) with each spec on it. You could choose any of them at any time (as currently allowed) then use the talents and glyphs to customize your build for whatever purpose or game play you want. Using that system, everyone gets access to everything they currently do, without having to deal with going back to a city and paying gold to learn another spec. Provided you have any gear you need and Tomes in your bag, you can fill any role, any time, for any style of gameplay.

I suspect thats the only reason they wouldn't implement this system, is because currently, it's a gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    True, But there are different things you could do with 7 different specs.

For druids for instance...

PvE Bear
    PvP Bear
    PvE Resto
    PvP Resto
    PvP Kitty
    PvE Kitty
    PvE Boomy
    PvP Boomy

Now I don't avidly PvP...with good reason, It's a cancer I'd rather not touch. But that is just an example
    Given how easy it is to swap out glyphs, I'm not so sure it's worthwhile. That's really the only thing you'd swap switching from PVE to PVP.

You'd be saving 1 or 2 gold on reagents.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    not more than it takes to set up your bars.
    Back in cata, I pretty much had 3 specs: Ret Pve/PvP and Holy PvE. I just saved the action bars with action bar saver and my talents (which isn't an issue anymore right now) with talented.

A third spec would be handy though, as I still have to pay for every respec...
    I don't want to nor do I feel I should have to use an addon to do this. I prefer minimal addons (have Vudo, recount and DBM).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, seeing as dual spec has single-handedly ruined the game in its entirety, I really don't see why we should get another similar convenience. It's unhealthy, really, and surely with people having 3 specs at their disposal (at the same time!), the consequences would never be the same!

/overreact
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    What GC is trying to say is if you have your full toolkit available like that the whole concept of a spec looses meaning. You may as well give pure classes just 1 spec that has everything. The only way to really make those classes unique would be to give them tank and heal specs so that every class could do every roll.
    Well, there you have it. Every one of these threads has to go through 3-5 pages of baseless whining, tinfoil hat theories and people pulling the "lazy" card before someone comes up who actually has a clue. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    I'd like to try holy out but not at the expense of my other specs and having to rebind all my spells when i switch back...
    You realize Bartender allows for this, right? And really... keybinding is a chore now?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Well, there you have it. Every one of these threads has to go through 3-5 pages of baseless whining, tinfoil hat theories and people pulling the "lazy" card before someone comes up who actually has a clue. It's sad.
    Except, you do have the full toolkit available all the time. You just have to pay 66g and spend a minute talking to a trainer.

It's antiquated and pointless, the other suggestions in this thread are superior in every way. The game should be about doing what you want, not about being stuck with arbitrary processes that are in place just for the sake of being an arbitrary process.

I don't see any problem in having all 3 specs available to you without having to go to a trainer and simply change your spec, you can already change your glyphs. what the hell is the damn difference except making it more convenient?

am I missing something here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, we only need two. Three would be a spoil, but would allow the hybrids to try all roles but it's not really needed. I don't see much fuss with it, already okay with 2, 3 would just allow me to explore a specc I don't use - which will end up in general to be not used.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..