Deleted

Brawler's guild rank 8. Need help.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erfme/advanced

I finally reached rank 8 (Damn you Battletron !) on my warlock. It went fine till now (only had troubles with the bird guy and Battletron).
    Now, after I reached rank 8 the DPS requirements is higher. I read somewhere that I need 100k on each rank 8 boss.

The problem is, that I barely reached the 80k mark required for Battletron. I was selfbuffed only.

I tried affliction out with affliction reforges etc, but I did only 60k DPS. Then I tried Demo which is new to me, and that didn't go well either.

My questions here is simple:
    Am I able to kill the rank 8 bosses in my current gear?
    If yes: Do I have to play a certain spec to meet the DPS requirements in my current gear?

I know the tactics for all bosses and I have no problem executing them, but I die due to enrage only.
    If I am able to kill the bosses in my current gear, does anyone have some simple tips/tricks that I maybe didn't think of?

Thanks.

Edit: I do NOT have acces to t14 4p bonus.

Deleted
    zen'shar is incredibly easy as destro, one shotted it even. (i was aware of the tactics because i got him on my warrior too thought). just fire and brimstone eyes and kill boss^^ easy easy.
    I don't/didn't have t14 4p bonus either and I don't raid so shouldn't be too hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear's really on the edge for completing it. UVLS from ToT and a weapon, in particular, will help a lot on a couple of these fights. UVLS not so much on Manastorm; just more total gear there.

Spec by fight:
    Zen'shar: Demo (HoGx2/meta can kill the eyes in 4 seconds flat; had a 62s kill time here). Any spec "will work" because the fight is really easy overall for a rank 8.
    Epicus Maximus: your best spec for DPS.
    Disruptron: your best spec for DPS.
    Millhouse Manastorm: anything but demo. Wild imps eat totem beams.

Deleted
    So you'd say that with some lucky crit-streaks I should be able to kill all of them with a new weapon?
    Or should I reforge my gear away from Mastery aswell?

You're a bit low on the ilvl front.

I would suggest the following:

Get in a group where you get the stats buff and the crit buff from someone in the brawlers.

Make sure you double pot.

I did it as:

Destro for Millhouse and the eye thing.
    Aff for Disruptron and Battletron.

Destro for Millhouse as Shadowburns/Chaos bolts will just ruin him with the huge DPS buff. Destro/Demo for the eye as the AOE is better than SS:SoC.
    Aff for distruptron/Battletron as you'll be moving around much more and sometime you clip your casts if you're running away/strafing and not explicitly facing the boss.

Also, some sort of buff food (300 stat is great, but man, you'll go through alot). even the +200 mastery or whatever will help.

GL!

Deleted
    Yes you can get more gear in order to kill these although I'd say it's also possible now.

You have the ilevel to kill these, but probably not the right pieces of gear considering the nerf on Warlocks for 5.2. Whilst a lot of us killed these in 489ish gear that was in 5.1~ and I suspect most if not all had 4 set which is hilariously hugely important for brawlers. 2 minute enrages means 2 dark souls, letting you use your second dark soul 20 seconds before the end during an execute which as you can imagine, is sexy as hell.

Zen'shar : Destro / Demo (it IS doable as affliction in that gear but it's essentially twice as hard)

Millhouse Manastorm : Affliction really. You get powered up towards the fight and affli's execution is significantly better than Destro's. You won't be able to havoc shadowburn the crystals for more shards because you'll one shot them no matter what you throw out either so you can't even cheese it that way

Epicus Maximus : I personally preferred affliction due to the stronger soul leech and self heal from Glyph of Siphon Life. Destro's self heal resources are paired
    with dps resources and having to heal yourself up from melee hits meaning less chaos bolts won't help you beat the enrage/

Laser Robot guy : Yeah...have fun with that. Honestly this fight is horrific, it will take you a good many wipes just to even survive let alone do the dps. Spec wise I recommend Affli simply because the boss moves too much for Rain Of Fire placement which will hurt your damage.

Ultimately though, it's pretty much "play the spec you know how to play and can do the numbers in". I remember switching to demo for a few tries on Zen'shar back when I had about 478 ilevel...even though it's the better spec I didn't at the time know how to play it at all...it did not end well.

Deleted
    Affliction is the worst spec for Soul Leech. Destro paired with Healsthstone, Soul Leech, Sac Pact & Mortal Coil should be plenty to keep yourself up. That said, i still prefer affliction on movement heavy fights, as to me, its just easier to keep up the rotation while moving and jumping around. Also lots less 'you must be facing your enemy' issues.

Quick question, sort of on topic... I don't PvE anymore, so my gear is mostly Mal some Tyr... I think I'm rank 2, just haven't gotten around to doing more. My question is if it ispossible to "complete" the Brawler's challenges in PvP gear? I've done the green fire quest if that means anything, but I know that more of an execution fight then a DPS fight.

Thanks
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    It is most definatly possible. Only at rank 8, the dps requirements will become steep so i'm certain you can get there if you managed the green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Quick question, sort of on topic... I don't PvE anymore, so my gear is mostly Mal some Tyr... I think I'm rank 2, just haven't gotten around to doing more. My question is if it ispossible to "complete" the Brawler's challenges in PvP gear? I've done the green fire quest if that means anything, but I know that more of an execution fight then a DPS fight.

Thanks
    Some of the fights will be tougher than Kanrethad simply because they still have RNG factors; Kanrethad is an intricate dance to master but for the most part everything happens at set times. I beat him shortly after 5.2 came out but I still haven't beaten Disruptron (mostly because I lose interest after a few wipes and having to wait 10-15 minutes between attempts because of others queuing).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

u can use ur pet to block crystals on manastorm

Any spec works well for most R8 fights, just be prepared to have a solid interrupt.

That being said, Disruptron is stupid. >.>

Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe when I'm not lazy I'll try it out some more.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

I did all of my rank 8 fights as destruction except for disruptron, I was demo. Your gear is ok, and it will be rough. Just use the brawlers pots, make sure you are prepotting. For Milhouse manastorm use your dommguard on the first set of crystals, and spawn him on one of the beams, it's a huge dps increase. Your weapon has the wind song enchant on it? Jade spirit on that will give you a strong dps boost as well, go destruction with grimoire of sacrifice, reforge for crit>=haste>mastery. For disruptron I found demonology with grimoire of service to be a breeze because while your dodging lasers and whatnot, your pets are still doing decent damage. Good luck!

I managed green fire with a lower ilvl than I have now, but I can't for the life of me get any of the rank 8 bosses
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I managed green fire with a lower ilvl than I have now, but I can't for the life of me get any of the rank 8 bosses
    Got green fire with 491 and Disruptor with 512 (the only one worth braggin on my server.. only 4, including me, have killed it.. or is it shared for battlegroup..?).

Anyway.. i though Ebonlock was waaaaay harder. Maybe because was too early and got almost no hints on it, and i wiped countless times (30+) before pokeadot came with a macro. Altough i do agree i had a bit o luck on Disruptor. That fight is more bugged than everything i have seen. Lasers that hit you when you clearly jumped over is my only complain, but heard melees saying that the tokens fire invisible crap too.

Deleted
    Ebonlock wasn't harder, it was just requiring very different skillsets. It took me about 30 attempts on distruptron at 488 ilevel, and about 20 for ebonlock at 491.

The thing with Ebonlock is he SERIOUSLY taxes your multitasking skills. If you can't nuke whilst pet controlling, ccing, kiting, it's a retardly complicated fight. But the dps thresholds itself are much easier to reach than rank 8 in around 490 ilevel.

What kills me about the rank 8 bosses is the random spawning. I simply can't aoe the eyeballs on Zenshar fast enough as Aff, my damn pets are way too often in the way of the beams on Manastorm (and afaik they don't benefit from the buff), and I'm not good enough at Destro single target for Disruptron, Epicus Maximus, or Manastorm ... so I'm switching between 3/4 setups and almost never getting what I'm gunning for ...

I'll go in and decide I'm gunnin' for Zenshar, for example, and that I'll eat every death to the other 3 as quick as possible ... and go 10 deaths without getting Zenshar once. Or I'll decide I'll go for anything but Zenshar and then only get him. It's ridic.

OK it's not literally that I "never" get what I'm gunnin' for, but unless I'm the only person queuing (super rare), it takes forever to get good attempts in.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I big tip for Distruptron is when you jump over the beams make sure you are running against the beam you are jumping over. When I did it there was definite delay between where the client puts the beam graphic and where the server has the actual beam that kills you.