Mantid Sculpture

Hello all!

This is my first post (kinda) here but I've always been reading up on MMO Champ for a couple years now.

I thought I'd like to share a sculpture I worked on most of this semester of school. This was my second sculpture I ever created so I am pretty happy with how it came out with no prior experience with three dimensional illustration.

The sculpture is a large scale bust of one of my new favorite races in World of Warcraft, the Mantid. I chose the Mantid because of the lore behind them and how they tie into the Aqir, also known as the Nerubians and the Qiraji (I'm a freak about the lore.) Also they're just badass to begin with.

Because this was due this week on top of other crazy projects I lost some time to really polish it, cast it, and paint it. I'm obviously missing the 2nd pair of large antennae that sit on top of its head but it will do for now. This was clearly for fun and to get my feet wet. Hopefully I can get this guy casted in the near future. In the meantime I hope you enjoy and follow my tumblr where I also have it posted: http://justicedraws.tumblr.com/post/49331067302

Process:

Last edited by berzerk44; 2013-05-01 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks amazing! How long did it take to even make this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That looks amazing! How long did it take to even make this?
    Thank you! Probably over 60+ hours from making the bust to sculpting it out. I didn't count haha

Wooaahhh for some reason my OP just disappeared!
    Last edited by berzerk44; 2013-05-01 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerk44 View Post
    Thank you! Probably over 60+ hours from making the bust to sculpting it out. I didn't count haha

Wooaahhh for some reason my OP just disappeared!
    60 hours. I hope you get an A+++ at least on this

(I've already reapproved your OP)

Yeah I got a solid A haha. I'm hoping to cast it on my own this summer.

That's really amazing. Good job! Well deserved A.

It looks really good but it will haunt my nightmares for years to come, maybe i should question my alliance with klaxxi