Poll: Should Blizzard release low level content?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Blizzard release more low level content?

Hi everyone.

As we all know, leveling is but a small part of WoW experience. Once you've reached the maximum level, you're set. Lots of new players come every day and make their way to level 90.

However, at least judging from personal experiences/Mmochampion threads, many people like creating alts and raising them. I for one have some alts (all level 85, cba to level to 90 before they nerf the experience requirement).
    I can't help but notice how i fear the day my alts reach the proper level to enter Maraudon, Dire Maul or Gnomeregan. I lost count how many times i saw those. I cry inside when i see the loading bar. Everytime queue pops up, i hope not to get in those.

I don't think i'm the only one to feel like this.
    So i tought, should they add more instances for lower levels (1-60, maybe adding a third instance to Nexus and Utgarde Keep), or even scenarios?

Benefits would be:
    -More choices for people raising alts (i know you want it).
    -More choices for new players.
    -New bosses, gear, environments.
    -Blizzard could make it so the dungeons are involved in the lore. Like pandaren themed places, or CoT instances showing older stuff.
    -Add more if you wish.

Cons:
    -Less resources employed for max level content. This depends on Blizzard mostly, since i know they have the capability of developing endgame content at nowadays' rate while creating low level dungeons.
    -Add more if you wish.

I think it would be a "waste of resources" either way I am out of low levels anyway so my vote it no.

The idea is cool but if its low level content it might not be re-played enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think so, yeah. I love alts, i have 2 lvl 90's, 6 85's, and other under 80 misc characters. And to be quite frank, the older zones, needs some revamp's, new dungs... Some new features to revamp it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just redid the entire 1-60 experience, a far faaar larger task than many seem to think it was, and they basically got roasted for it - because people didn't bother doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    They just redid the entire 1-60 experience, a far faaar larger task than many seem to think it was, and they basically got roasted for it - because people didn't bother doing it.
    People didn't bother doing it, because instances are superior in terms of experience. They should either make questing a viable leveling option again, or give us more instances to visit with our alts.

It would be nice if you could cross-realm queue for questing in certain areas, but that is the limit of how far it should go.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

15+ Year Old Account
    Well. Adding a new dungeon for lower level once in a while would not hurt.

Someone has also suggested that scenarios should be available during the leveling process. I find that to be a cool idea too. Especially since they are designed towards no need for tank and healer. Not that the current dungeons necessarily requires it, but it does prevent a few deaths as it is. I think.

I also think professions should have been more usefull and fun at lower level.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure i would like to have new dongeon they did revamp some, and they did a good job with them ! I love leveling low level alt, its dont care if its long or fast, but i do feel that its not pretty linear experience you always end up in the same leveling zone pass X level :/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think instead of revamping RFC for the 10,000th time, they should start focusing their dungeon revamping on the old BC/Wrath ones. Especially the BC ones. I mean there must be more to the story of Coilfang after all these years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I voted "I don't care" as low leveling is fairly quick as is, but if they added more "lowbie dungeons that also mirror as max level heroic dungeons" i'd be ok with that.

As long as it's something that's equally viable at the high level (like pet battles), then sure. If it's pure lowbie content, then no. That kind of thing doesn't fit into modern WoW and development time is better spent on max level stuff, Blizzard learned that lesson from cataclysm.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    As long as it's something that's equally viable at the high level (like pet battles), then sure. If it's pure lowbie content, then no. That kind of thing doesn't fit into modern WoW and development time is better spent on max level stuff, Blizzard learned that lesson from cataclysm.
    Would you consider more revamped/heroic-enabled dungeons viable?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    People didn't bother doing it, because instances are superior in terms of experience. They should either make questing a viable leveling option again, or give us more instances to visit with our alts.
    Questing is viable, especially on low pop servers where you wait 20-25min as a lowbie dps for your instance to pop. During those 25min you can easily complete a few quests, heck you'd be stupid not to.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Only and ONLY if they put up a whole new team for it and don't take any people off the "current content" team.
    But no, not really needed imo.

Maybe a new leveling dungeon or two here and there. As the OP indicates, some variety in dungeon running would be nice. That said, the biggest offenders (IMO) are the Cata and MoP levels, a grand total of 8 dungeons over 10 levels. Sounds like a lot, but after you run each one 5-6 times each, you get tired of them. :P

No. Slash exp needed for max level if you ask me so that nobody stays low level for long.

What I would like to see are scalable dungeons which adjust to the average level of the members of the group. This way you could play some dungeons at varying levels and experience them. This way, if a player is starting out and new content is released, they will not be exluded from the new content. It would also provide max level characters the opportunity to head back into Gnomeragen for example and bust some lvl 90 elite gnomes, etc...

Just a thought.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i really dont think its needed personally. i mean in reality the low level content should be there, and enough in quantity, to keep the NEW subscriber interested and busy. i think the revamp of the 1-60 content is more than enough. i would be willing to be that truly new subs, ones that havent really played an mmo before, will be quite busy with the stuff available to them while leveling. in fact id say it would be overwhelming to an extent.

i think about when i first started playing in vanilla. WoW was my first mmo and i had more on my plate than i knew what to do with. theyve streamlined the 1-60 content but theres still plenty to do for new people. just my .02

There is already more content than is being used from 1-90. With the introduction of heirlooms and lowered exp needed, I doubt many people even see a quarter of the content leveling. Resources would be better spent on making more max level content or improving it.

id like to see an alternative to all level grinding atm - i am sick of questing and killing and collecting shit for xp