Festerblight, Trinkets, and Raid-Mechanics

I'm looking for a combination of Empirical and Anecdotal evidence here, as math vs experience often contradict.

Is it worth playing Festerblight (I know it's technically always 'ideal' to get pumped diseases) until you have Fabled Feather / Shado-pan / Primordius trinkets?

And by worth it, I mean prioritizing the weaker Festering Strike over the stronger Scourge Strike, as well as having raid-assignments changed to slightly favor us, or is it not such a large/viable boost until we have the aforementioned trinkets?
    Last edited by Breyers; 2013-05-01 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    I'm looking for a combination of Empirical and Anecdotal evidence here, as math vs experience often contradict.

Is it worth playing Festerblight (I know it's technically always 'ideal' to get pumped diseases) until you have Fabled Feather / Shado-pan / Primordius trinkets?

And by worth it, I mean having raid-assignments changed to slightly favor us, or is it not such a large/viable boost until we have the aforementioned trinkets?
    There is lots of information in the sticky on the topic here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sterblight-101

It was also talked through quite a bit before that thread was made here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tions-thoughts

Best to post in the sticky to get more info, and keep it consolidated in one place for everyone's sake

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    There is lots of information in the sticky on the topic here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sterblight-101

It was also talked through quite a bit before that thread was made here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tions-thoughts

Best to post in the sticky to get more info, and keep it consolidated in one place for everyone's sake
    I did read through those threads already, however it didn't specifically target my question, so I thought to gather a broader range of Anecdotal data I would create a thread specific to my inquiry.

I do appreciate it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait till you have Shado Trinket atleast IMO, Shado + Relic of Xuen is a good start.

Optimal is obviously Primo + Feather, I wouldn't go FB until I have double Str proc trinkets, OR feather/shado in my opinion.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    I wouldn't go FB until I have double Str proc trinkets
    Yeah i agree with this statement, i wouldn't say you had to wait till getting this tier's trinkets.
    I did some festerblighting at the start of the tier in t14 gear with Lei Shen's Final Orders and Relic of Xuen, which used to proc at the same time for a dot snapshot. Seemed just as viable as anything else.

You can, but it doesn't really feel that decent compared to the others in my raid that do have such trinkets. There are fights where I extend diseases due to mechanics (heroic iron qon, heroic twins, w/e), but I would do that with or without FB trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Yeah i agree with this statement, i wouldn't say you had to wait till getting this tier's trinkets.
    I did some festerblighting at the start of the tier in t14 gear with Lei Shen's Final Orders and Relic of Xuen, which used to proc at the same time for a dot snapshot. Seemed just as viable as anything else.
    Honestly with last tiers trinkets, it feels like it's almost exactly the same as normal Unholy in terms of damage output.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.