why assassination rogue top dps on Jin'rokh

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Jin'rokh_...14/60/default/
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Jin'rokh_...14/60/default/

Been always curious on why assassination rogues are always topping charts on the first boss on ToT... Is there anything special about the pool buff that works better with rogues vs other classes? Or is it the fact that u can keep on the pool for longer since you can get out with Shadowstep?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would guess that Assassin's Resolve stacks multiplicative with the pool debuff.

As far as normal goes no idea but in hm it would be cause they never have to move for Ionization also never targeted by Focused Lightning. Its a fight that rogues can keep 100% up time in the pool on while everyone else can't.

Deleted
    Assassination is the best single target DPS spec in the game. Ergo, winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything stacks multiplicatively, with the sole exceptions of guardians (not pets) not benefiting from the pool debuff, on this boss. However; as pointed out, rogues don't really need to leave the pool... ever. Between not receiving Ionization (thus no dispel) and being safer in the lightning phase (mmm feint allowing you to eat lightning in the pool until it's electrified), we've simply got the highest uptime for the buff. In addition, rogues are just fantastic single-target, no-gimmick DPS right now.

Feint + Elusiveness lets you DPS the boss through Lightning Storm. Cloak of Shadow means you don't have to move out for Ionization.

Assassins's resolve stacks multiplicative with mastery. Any fight with additional %damage done/taken favorable for assassination (additional multiplication).

All of the above plus a lot of assassination's CDs line up nicely with the pools and can use them uninterrupted. It's just great fight for assassination.

Stationary fight, 100% uptime on damage buff + multiplicative things and math (which people above me already said).

I would be suprised if Assassination rogues weren't top spec on that fight.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    Assassins's resolve stacks multiplicative with mastery. Any fight with additional %damage done/taken favorable for assassination (additional multiplication).
    I'm hearing this explanation a lot but it simply doesn't make sense. If you take 100,000 DPS and multiply it by 40%, it doesn't matter whether you had a multiplier leading into the 100,000; you end up at 140,000. This is true for every class except those that rely on guardians, which don't benefit from the pool debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I'm hearing this explanation a lot but it simply doesn't make sense. If you take 100,000 DPS and multiply it by 40%, it doesn't matter whether you had a multiplier leading into the 100,000; you end up at 140,000. This is true for every class except those that rely on guardians, which don't benefit from the pool debuff.
    Agree.

I'm pretty sure everything stacks multiplicatively, from assassin's resolve to arms warrior mastery. It's all boosted by 40%. No one is bringing a 30% boost from their class that is additively boosted by the 40%, giving them a 70% boost instead of the 82% you would expect, for instance.

Except guardians, as you point out.

Everything stacks multiplicatively, with the sole exceptions of guardians (not pets) not benefiting from the pool debuff, on this boss. However; as pointed out, rogues don't really need to leave the pool... ever. Between not receiving Ionization (thus no dispel) and being safer in the lightning phase (mmm feint allowing you to eat lightning in the pool until it's electrified), we've simply got the highest uptime for the buff. In addition, rogues are just fantastic single-target, no-gimmick DPS right now.
    Did I miss something? You can stay in the pool during Lightning Phase as long as you keep up Feint? On normal mode I used to cloak in the pool to get some extra seconds of pool uptime, but I wasn't aware you could just feint spam yourself through, let alone on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Did I miss something? You can stay in the pool during Lightning Phase as long as you keep up Feint? On normal mode I used to cloak in the pool to get some extra seconds of pool uptime, but I wasn't aware you could just feint spam yourself through, let alone on heroic.
    Um, different things. Once the electricity is actually out, there is no buff pool, there is a bunch of lightning on the ground. (I am nearly positive that once electrified the buff is gone.) What is he saying is that other people have to get out before so they don't take that first tick, but a rogue can stay in and eat the first tick to milk a little bit of extra time. Sitting in an electrified pool during a lightning storm on heroic will cerainly kill you.

Just like Lesane, I wasn't aware you could maintain your health in the pool during lightning storm. I have done him on heroic mode but I've never attempted to stay in the pool during/after lightning storm, I assumed the damage would be too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Sessh clarified above, it's just until it electrifies; eating a lightning ball or standing in the water after it electrifies will (almost certainly) kill you. CoS is called for already on heroic (avoiding Ionization) which would prevent sitting in the pool in the first place. However, the water doesn't electrify the moment Jin'rokh begins channeling; for the first few seconds after he begins, the puddle's beneficial debuff still exists - you take immense (+100%) nature damage from standing in it, but if you're reducing inc. damage 65%, you're still taking less than anyone else in spite of it - that doesn't make eating extra damage a good idea, but it's relatively safe to stand at the edge of the water until it electrifies.

I do not recommend this course of action on anything besides a rogue.

As Sessh clarified above, it's just until it electrifies; eating a lightning ball or standing in the water after it electrifies will (almost certainly) kill you. CoS is called for already on heroic (avoiding Ionization) which would prevent sitting in the pool in the first place. However, the water doesn't electrify the moment Jin'rokh begins channeling; for the first few seconds after he begins, the puddle's beneficial debuff still exists - you take immense (+100%) nature damage from standing in it, but if you're reducing inc. damage 65%, you're still taking less than anyone else in spite of it - that doesn't make eating extra damage a good idea, but it's relatively safe to stand at the edge of the water until it electrifies.

I do not recommend this course of action on anything besides a rogue.
    Yeah I was aware that it doesn't electrify the moment the storm begins, and standing in the electrified pool makes no sense anyway since the damage buff won't even be there. How long does it take before the pool is actually electrified? I never really paid attention to it.

Few seconds.