Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Races that could hybrid? Thoughts and Possibilities!

What the title says!
    I been mostly thinking on WICH races in the world of warcraft universe that could actully have a child from an other races.
    Could all races have a child with an other? Or is it not possibal due to they are to diffrent?
    Sadly I havn't found way to much information about wich ones could actully have a child with an other races.
    But what I seen so far is that both humans and orcs have the possibilities to mate with other races and still geting a child.
    We have Human and orc hybrids, human and elf, orcs and ogres. But could there be more?

Like ogres and gnolls?! The Gnogres! Perhaps the must stupid race ever then, but I think they would be awesome!

So the following question for this would be:
    Do you guys think it would/could/should be possibal?
    And then just for fun, if you think it would be possibal,
    what races would you like to see as a hybird then?(Only two!)

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well, it's been shown that there are at least a few combinations that are in game- half draenei, half orc; half human, half elf; and half orc, half ogre; off the top of my head.

I would venture to guess that most of the humanoid races can breed with each other, but that, like with most mixed-species offspring (think ligers, zebroids, or mules), would be sterile and therefore not a species in their own right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc/draenei hybrids are actually in the game. You find one in the outlands thats a questgiver.

some fairly simple ones are Troll/Elves (Elves are descendents of Trolls), Gnomes/Dwarves, and Worgen/Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a worgen/tauren. Big, fluffy,snarly, horned sunovabitch!

Draeni and troll. Hmmm that's all I have atm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    races thatve been shown : http://www.wowpedia.org/Half-breed

I man-stag, born out of hot moon/deer sex, got dirty with the princess of rocks, and gave birth to half man half horses and half giant half elephants.

Pretty sure in WoW if you can talk you can f***

a weird combo.. hmm, lets see.... Arrakoa/Tauren?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why only two?
    Ah yes, that shows alot races CAN actully combine, sadly I am not a Me'dan fan. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, it's been shown that there are at least a few combinations that are in game- half draenei, half orc; half human, half elf; and half orc, half ogre; off the top of my head.
    I would venture to guess that most of the humanoid races can breed with each other, but that, like with most mixed-species offspring (think ligers, zebroids, or mules), would be sterile and therefore not a species in their own right.
    That would make sense due to we havn't seen so meny mixed ones, since they would die out and not possibal to carry on with offsprings. Then we can go deep into that wich races would actully do it, due to war and grudges and son on, since that would explain why the are so few of them. But the Mok'nathal(If I remeber correctly) is a group/clan and they are both ogres and orcs? They have manage to go on still? o:

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Orc/draenei hybrids are actually in the game. You find one in the outlands thats a questgiver.

some fairly simple ones are Troll/Elves (Elves are descendents of Trolls), Gnomes/Dwarves, and Worgen/Humans.
    I looked him up! I hade almost forgot him! So Draeneis aswell are a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    I want to see a worgen/tauren. Big, fluffy,snarly, horned sunovabitch!

Draeni and troll. Hmmm that's all I have atm.
    Worgen and Tauren ... Erhmagwadh! That would be awesome!
    Claws and hoofs, horns and fangs. And extremly fluffy~
    Draenei and troll, at the momment I can't imagen it in my head!

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    races thatve been shown :
    Aahh! There we got alot of them. Seems it is very possibal for almost any one then.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    I man-stag, born out of hot moon/deer sex, got dirty with the princess of rocks, and gave birth to half man half horses and half giant half elephants.

Pretty sure in WoW if you can talk you can f***
    Oh lol! Well said~ It's settled, it's possibal to combine all races then. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    a weird combo.. hmm, lets see.... Arrakoa/Tauren?
    Now that is a wierd hybrid! A bird with horns, or a bull with feathers. Would be cool to make an conceptart of it~

10+ Year Old Account
    We need Gnome/Tauren hybrids though I would feel very sorry for a female Gnome that got impregnated by a Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbler View Post
    We need Gnome/Tauren hybrids though I would feel very sorry for a female Gnome that got impregnated by a Tauren.
    Hade a feeling that hybrid would be mentioned in this thread.
    And aaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuchi.
    Could also been the other way around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Could also been the other way around?
    To be fair I don't think it would work well either way around a Gnome might be able to do his thing with a Tauren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibbler View Post
    What about half giants?

"Half-giants are a hybrid creature from the distant past, historical interbreeding of giants and something else."

Who the hell breeds with a giant, and how is it even possible?... I can't for the mind of me think that it was consensual.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

well, in warcraft that isn't true. Garona was half orc and half-draenei and she conceived and had a son, Medan. Rexxar's father is described as being half Orge so that hybrid wasn't sterile, either.

Everything with everything. Warcraft universe is one of the most disgusting in this case.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fantasy world. Anything is possible.

That being said, if one were to apply biological principles to WoW, a lot of races would not be able to interbreed.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes, elves (blood, high, night), worgen should definitely all be genetically compatible. Trolls and ogres possibly could be added to that group.

Orcs should not be genetically compatible with anything because they come from a different planet. Same with Draenei.

The Forsaken are not capable of procreation.

Taurens and Taunka would work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Orcs should not be genetically compatible with anything because they come from a different planet. Same with Draenei.
    Draenei and Orcs come from different planets yet they can have children with each other. There are already half Orc half Draenei in the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    That being said, if one were to apply biological principles to WoW, a lot of races would not be able to interbreed.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes, elves (blood, high, night), worgen should definitely all be genetically compatible. Trolls and ogres possibly could be added to that group.

The Forsaken are not capable of procreation.

Taurens and Taunka would work.
    Humans dwarves would probably be able to interbreed but not with other races. All trolls and elves should be able to with themselves

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Draenei and Orcs come from different planets yet they can have children with each other. There are already half Orc half Draenei in the game.
    I realise that in game it's possible. It's a fantasy setting and the creators will do stuff to serve as plot devices.

Just saying though that it doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.

Draenomes