Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Usually it's just a fucking long loading screen.
    Or if I'm with guildies I tell them I go take a piss or whatever when I press accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Changing spec (this is the big one), putting on music, taking a dump. People just love to postone doing this shit until the'yre inside the instance and the rest of the group is ready to get going. You have a solid 30 seconds between the queue popping and expiring.
    Some of the have legit reasons, while some are dumb, imo.

Changing Specs -- Sometimes the person was helping someone or doing something else (like questing) and was on a flightpath when the queue popped and they haven't landed yet. So they have to do it when they enter the instance. This one isn't a big deal imo it takes 3 seconds for the spec to swap and probably another 5 seconds to change gear. Mana users start at 75% on swaps so drinking isn't long either.

Putting on music -- This one is dumb imo and could've been done at any point

Taking a dump -- Sometimes people are in queue for stuff but feel the urge to go to the bathroom, but their queue is about to pop and they've been waiting for a long time already so they take the queue and kindly inform the group they'll brb. It's not a huge issue you can pull without them most of the time. It's the tanks/healers that get annoying when they do it as their queue is usually instant.

Just wanting to finnish off all these mobs i pulled... Changing spec incase of ninjapull or whatever as soon as i enter, or if they are midway and i appear to be in combat, just to adress some of my reasons. lol

I mainly enter asap if i queue up for something tho, but sometimes i may delay the push to enter cos i found this rare mob i wanted to kill first etc!!
    *Waiting for Artifact Knowledge work orders*

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you get the dungeon done without issue, who cares what people do?

Unless you're on some freakish timed schedule for WoW. O_o'''

That's like an entire minute you need to wait for others.

Oh, the agony.

I am an average geared tank and can solo the majority of 5 mans, at most needing light healing. So if someone wants to hold up my que they are left sitting at the door until such time as I can vote them.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Pet battles. I'll always try to finish my pet battle until the last second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have that "problem" only with my main.. Quests and that stuff isn't fun as Resto Druid. While I usually have barely any wait, for a LFR sometimes there are 5 - 10 minutes.
    I bridge that time often with questing, for which I am in Kitty spec and gear.
    But then, I have learned, that I will not take the queue until I am switched to Resto and am geared. Nowadays it became trendy for tanks to enter both, 5 mans or LFR and start pulling without giving a shit whether the group/raid is even remotely ready. I found myself times and again unable to do anything, because I couldn't change to healer due to being in combat the moment I entered. To avoid it, I prep before entering.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I get a cup of coffee specifically for that instance, or might change spec but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing spec (this is the big one),
    uh, because i cant heal a mob to death? asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nowadays it became trendy for tanks to enter both, 5 mans or LFR and start pulling without giving a shit whether the group/raid is even remotely ready.

That's been trendy for a while now. and just like always, if the rest of the group isn't ready, no one should be particularly rushing to cater to that 1 player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing spec (this is the big one), putting on music, taking a dump. People just love to postone doing this shit until the'yre inside the instance and the rest of the group is ready to get going. You have a solid 30 seconds between the queue popping and expiring.
    Because they've been sat waiting 20 minutes for the queue to pop and didn't want to be AFK for those 30s and end up having to wait another 20 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    To make people like you rage.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    I que as all 3 specs, I don't always get in as the current spec(tank)... sometimes I get in as dps or healer... so I have to change spec for healer ... for dps I just roll with it since brm does pretty beast dmg and it's very rare that I get in as dps anyway ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Odds are I'm questing while I wait for the queue, so I might be in combat, or on a flight path. If I can't easily get out of combat or off the FP in time to swap spec and then click accept, then you may have to wait the entire 5 bloody seconds it takes me to swap spec and hit the macro button to swap gear. So sorry if five whole seconds is an unthinkable delay in your precious little "maximum numeric return per hour" schedule. Not all of us sit on our thumbs in the city waiting for the queue to pop.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmad View Post
    I'm a healer. I enter the dungeon with insta-queue.

And besides that, maybe getting some more coffee or tea or something.
    And this is exactly what I hate about those people and I think it is what OP means too.
    If you are a healer and you have an instant queue, why don't you get your coffee or tea before you queue?
    Why can't you just make sure you are ready when you join up with people, for your own and for the others pleasure

10+ Year Old Account
    I propose more sleep less game if you think you need coffee or tea before you do a 15 minute dungeon. Or, hell, I propose a flippin' Diet soda if your that worried. Takes half a second to pop the top.

I think the Dungeon/Raid Finder both make a pretty loud noise when your up as well, so not really any excuses for missing a queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    And this is exactly what I hate about those people and I think it is what OP means too.
    If you are a healer and you have an instant queue, why don't you get your coffee or tea before you queue?
    Why can't you just make sure you are ready when you join up with people, for your own and for the others pleasure
    ..so much that, i always found its pretty selfish to do that, and, yes im a healer with instant queue, i always make sure i finish what i started before i queue, for the respect of others, if i go dps, i will finish what im doing until i click enter ( aka battle pet, killing a mobs )

15+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes empty my bags before I accept when I am leveling.

Especcialy during leveling, players charge away the moment they enter the instance and there's no time to change specs, so I often change spec before I accept.
    Statix will suffice.

I don't usually sit my ass in the city waiting for everyone else to click "ready", I'm usually doing things while waiting. Even on my DPS toons, I'm probably doing dailies, or fishing or whatever.

Given that sometimes queues won't pop because somebody doesn't click ready, I usually won't stop what I'm doing until the queue actually pops and ports me. Hence, I usually have things I may need to do, be it changing specs on my healer, or eating food on my DPS or whatever.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom