Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    OP can take a dump in 30 seconds? Impressive.

Deleted
    Can't say it is something which bothers me. I don't usually queue up for dungeons if I'm that short on time that the 30 secs someone takes to sorts themselves out becomes an issue for me. Especially respecing; I'd rather take ten seconds to have a holy priest healing me than a Shadow one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I change spec to whatever i queued for, if im in combat i just accept and hope the group isnt already combat ^^
    75% of the time im in the spec i queued as, so insta accept
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I don't see why changing spec upon entering a dungeon is a problem. Some people are trying to level/quest/do dailies while waiting in queue to get things done faster and killing things in a heal/tank spec doesn't get the job done as quickly as a DPS spec. It only takes a few seconds to switch. It's not like waiting those few seconds is going to implode the world.

Deciding to go walk the dog when the queue pops and you accept, though, that's something else. But spec changing? There's no reason to complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    As a tank, my queues are instant, so I'm pretty much ready to go before I zone in. I can see the case for dps, where they might be questing or doing whatever else in a non-dungeon spec.
    This ^

Also, as a DK tank there are other specs? I play as blood (cba with brawlers guild only reason I have to use my dps spec) do all my dailies etc as blood even solo old content as blood. I have not changed spec since 5.1 when I tried a brawler guild fight.

Aside that, as long as a healer comes along for trash (even then its hardly needed for most trash I do) then I can get going. Most the time I don't wait for the group anyways. As long as I know I can take the trash group on my own even with using all cds then its fine. they turn up when they turn up.

Deleted
    As said by others, the queue usually pops while questing/in combat/doing something else. Waiting ten seconds for me to change spec isn't really such a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind people changing specs, but I do find it annoying with people joining in and "wait! I need to do X first". I won't rage or anything in chat, unless they take a very long time to do whatever it is they are doing.

Just as annoying are people that will charge ahead the very second they enter though.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I don't mind people changing specs, but I do find it annoying with people joining in and "wait! I need to do X first". I won't rage or anything in chat, unless they take a very long time to do whatever it is they are doing.

Just as annoying are people that will charge ahead the very second they enter though.
    Ooo ooooo thats me! (the latter one!)

I once had a priest moan at me as I pulled a pack of mobs prior to him even zoning in. The pack was dead and i was at full HP. I only had 1 dps with me who was at full hp too. If I pull it, its because I can handle it. The priest was not too happy though, but no one died or got injured so it wasnt like I created extra work

Someone changing spec when they enter a dungeon is fine with me. There are a dozen perfectly legitimate reasons for doing that and it only takes a few seconds.

The biggest pet peeve I have though, is the guy who enters the dungeon, then has to take a bio break, port out to repair his gear, or just generally not be there for a few minutes. It's a situation that can so easily be avoided, but people do it all the time. And the worst part is that blizzard's vote-kick feature doesn't allow you to remove these people for several minutes, which just allows this behavior to continue with no consequences.

I'm a DK tank I never run into this as I don't wait for a healer or dps...I just start to solo and hope they catch up
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

THERE IS A GOOD EXCUSE.

After 25 minutes or so of queuing, you don't want to miss the chance of missing accepting joining the dungeon because you're making coffee, taking a dumb, making food....etc
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That's been trendy for a while now. and just like always, if the rest of the group isn't ready, no one should be particularly rushing to cater to that 1 player.
    cater or not. don't waste other player's time. I will zone in, give people time to eat, watch for all the names on my unit frames to be lit, then pull. if they are here to look at the scenery or wonder at the artwork of the mobs then sorry they will either be playing catch up or voted. I enter a dungeon and deal with non guilded players for one reason and one reason alone and that is to run quickly, get my valor and goody bag, then move to the next item on my list of things to be valor capped by no later than weds.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    30 seconds is not even remotely close to being enough time to get anything accomplished.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!