What happened to all of the hunter guides?

I haven't played since Cataclysm, but there used to be MM, SV and BM guides on MMoChampion, but there isn't a single one now.

Not only that, but Elitist Jerks only has one sparse BM guide.

What gives? Are hunters so unpopular in raiding these days that people don't care to write guides? Or are there websites out there that I am missing?

Icy Veins is reasonably good at this.

As for why there aren't any on MMO: no one wanted to write one? Sometimes things are that simple.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2013-05-02 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hunter class is relatively intuitive in its design now, so guides on what to fire and when are pretty pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Not sure I agree with the above. Check out warcrafthuntersunion.com for some good guides (and a great blog itself). As above, Icy Veins is also a good place to go as well.

There are current MM (Whitefyst is VERY thorough) and SV guides on EJ. You might need to show older threads to see them, but they've been posted to within the past month.

I've been considering making one for BM and survival

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

the EJ guides are very heavy on theory and math, not for the faint of heart. I think the community could do well with updated guides that cater to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    I've been considering making one for BM and survival
    If you make one, I think people would get more out of a guide that breaks down the specs for ToT fights. The basic rotation/priority/stat shit has been done several times and is easy to find through other sites.

With regards to the EJ guides, the SV guide hasn't been updated in more than 6 months and has some misleading information (favoring Dire Beast?). The MM and BM guides aren't too bad, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id update it if I still played Hunter. Would be weird to do it as I don't play Hunter as my main.. The MM guide, that is. Nobody plays MM anyway.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    With regards to the EJ guides, the SV guide hasn't been updated in more than 6 months and has some misleading information (favoring Dire Beast?). The MM and BM guides aren't too bad, though.
    What do you mean by favoring Dire Beast? All of the other guides I read still prefer Dire Beast...at least in regards to SV. Are there any guides that don't favor Dire Beast?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can check out my guide if you'd like, it's 1.5hrs long, and I'm sure there's a few mistakes but I feel like it certainly cover the ground it needs to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWIEQeAulI
    Sorry for the quality, it was taken off my stream.
    ----
    In fact I'm sure there are better ways to play SV than what I detailed in the video.
    Please don't hate me.
    #TeamHunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    What do you mean by favoring Dire Beast? All of the other guides I read still prefer Dire Beast...at least in regards to SV. Are there any guides that don't favor Dire Beast?
    Thing is, Fervor is superior at ToT gear level in any situation. Guides are outdated

I've checked several top hunters and there is no consensus there. Some have Thrill of the Hunt, some have Dire Beast or Fervor. It's probably situational, dependent on the encounter or your gear level. But I must admit that I feel lost. I still need to scroll through the forum pages on Elitist Jerks, the answer may be there. But at this moment, I don't know what I should spec into for starting raids. I'll be 90 tonight or tomorrow and I'll do raid finder and then start raiding with a guild. I want to go SV.

@Solarflair - I will definitely check out your guide, ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Thing is, Fervor is superior at ToT gear level in any situation. Guides are outdated
    For survival though right? Doesn't BM still prefer DB?

Deleted
    Kripparian stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    For survival though right? Doesn't BM still prefer DB?
    Well, Survival is the top spec, I doubt any reasonable player still plays BM.

Dire Beast is the theoretical best talent on that tier, just like MM was theoretically the best hunter spec in DS. In practice, neither of these things are true. For DB, any fight where there's target switching, or large movement by the boss, or weird mechanics which gib it (think Elite Protectors and Kaolan's pulse which would one shot Dire Beasts) which can lead to the beast not getting all its attacks, Fervor will be stronger. And in ToT, that's almost every fight:

Jin'rokh: DB doesn't benefit from conductivity buff, every amount of focus you garner from Fervor will.
    Horridon: too much target switching for DB
    Council: Too much target switching.
    Tortos: too much target switching, plus pets have weird behavior on this fight. Even if you're full time on Tortos, pets run waaaaaaaaaaaaay to the back (like out of sight) before they start attacking. Without a pet charge, DB spends too much time running, even if you're right in Tortos's face
    Megaera: Weird pet behavior because of the way the heads work.
    Ji-kun: Too much switching, DB bugs out when you fly. Hunters normally on nest duty which is awful for DB.
    Durumu: A modest amount of switching (even more on heroic), his hitbox is huge so when he rotates they run too much.
    Primordius: Way too much switching
    DA: Too much switching, and I think the fire circles might gib it as well
    Iron Qon: The one fight I think it's probably fine for, the switching only happens in heroic, and those are slow switches which you can plan around.
    TC: Too much movement, too much switching in heroic.
    Lei Shen: Soooooooo much movement. Lousy on ball lightning.