Deleted

Razer Megalodon Sound Quality

Hello there,

So I got my new Razer Megalodon, the only problem I have had with it is that I get told that the sound quality of my MIC is not very good.

Anyone know any secret tricks to get nice quality??

thx

This is why you don't buy products that Swifty recommends.

It's pretty well known that the mic on those is bad. There's nothing you can do about it except next time buy from audio gear manufacturer instead of mouse manufacturer.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    buy from sennheiser next time

As others have said the mic on the megalodon is awful its like its noise amplifying instead of noise dampening.
    You can tweak the mic settings but the quality won't be any better than mediocre at best.

I returned my pair of mehladons after two days because of the poor mic quality and decided to go with a pair of PC350s instead.
    Sure they are expensive but at least i get what i paid for.

Here's the secret you're looking for:
    Dont buy a megalodon
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    Hello there,

So I got my new Razer Megalodon, the only problem I have had with it is that I get told that the sound quality of my MIC is not very good.

Anyone know any secret tricks to get nice quality??

thx
    Here are a few steps you could try with your Megalodon's mic:

1. Download the latest firmware from Razer's website: http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...7&pcid=0&nav=0
    2. In case step 1 didn't solve the issue, read this blog: http://cult.razerzone.com/2009/08/02...udio-breakage/
    3. Try lowering your Mic sensitivity level on the Megalodon control pad to 0 or 1 (I used to put mine to 0 when I had it before), and lower your Mic volume level, too.
    4. Point your mic upwards, instead of adjusting it next to your mouth. This is because the mic is quite sensitive even at the lowest level (or you might need to adjust the windows’ mic sensitivity level further).

Hope that helps.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Razer are better in mouse

Most of gaming headset don't have the best sound quality. Next time, go for headphones from a good brand more like seenheiser and get a separated microphone, like a blue snowball or even a ModMic so its looks like headset. Personnaly next time I need sound peripherals Im doing this, will be expansive as a normal headset for a lot better sound quality
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Deleted
    Does me NOT using usb3 have something to do with the bad quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    Does me NOT using usb3 have something to do with the bad quality?
    No, it's just $0.02 microphone on it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    guess so ;(

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 02:28 PM ----------

Ordered a pair of Sennheiser PC360 to replace these Shitlodon

10+ Year Old Account
    get the 363D
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Deleted
    Think I will do fine with the PC360

Quick question, how much big of a difference would a soundcard (thats not integrated in the motherboard) improve my sound and mic quality??

thx

//steve

Not much at all, the 360 is nice, but not so nice as to benefit greatly from a dedicated sound card. The one on your motherboard is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Not much at all, the 360 is nice, but not so nice as to benefit greatly from a dedicated sound card. The one on your motherboard is plenty.
    PC360 is low impedance headphones, but it's still way too much for most mobile phones and mp3 players. It will definitely work with motherboard audio, but you'll get slightly better results out from any soundcard that has headphone amplifier. Worth it to try it first and think about upgrades later.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-05-02 at 05:22 PM.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks! I'm pretty sure that the PC360 will be a lot better then the Razer Megalodon's Mic, was afwul, just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Here are a few steps you could try with your Megalodon's mic:

1. Download the latest firmware from Razer's website: http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...7&pcid=0&nav=0
    2. In case step 1 didn't solve the issue, read this blog: http://cult.razerzone.com/2009/08/02...udio-breakage/
    3. Try lowering your Mic sensitivity level on the Megalodon control pad to 0 or 1 (I used to put mine to 0 when I had it before), and lower your Mic volume level, too.
    4. Point your mic upwards, instead of adjusting it next to your mouth. This is because the mic is quite sensitive even at the lowest level (or you might need to adjust the windows’ mic sensitivity level further).

Hope that helps.
    Mic went from a 3/10 to about a 7/10, still not great but huge improvement. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a 360 and i am liking it a lot. the only downside is its open (whatever they call it), so i can actually hear my gfs complaints through it while im gaming!