Auto-play ads from Curse - Annoying ><

How to I stop these annoying auto play ads from playing down the bottom in the curse section. Every page I go to within MMO-champ they start playing again. I honestly don't even listen to them and pause them instantly, what is the damn point?.

Its making me not want to come to mmo anymore

Curse stop been greedy, I realize your getting paid for advertising but please no sound related ads. Just an animated banner is fine.

thank you

Thank you. I'll grab screenies from now on

Today at work I just got adBlock for my google chrome and it works fine Hope this helps

Deleted
    Online Adds are a real chicken/egg problem.

We need adds to work in order to keep most of the web free and accessible.

But add makers pushed for more and more aggressive and obnoxious adds.

Users pushed back by creating and using add-blockers, blocking ALL adds.

Previously add-funded websites suffer as a result since there is little/no add revenue.

Free internet slowly dies.

Everyone is worse off.

That is a very good point Crowe,

I think most of us understand how that all works but the main problem is auto playing video adds are not cool. As a user we need to have a choice to play them but at this point in time we do not, this maybe fixed or it may not. I will be happy to turn off my adblock when its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    That is a very good point Crowe,

I think most of us understand how that all works but the main problem is auto playing video adds are not cool. As a user we need to have a choice to play them but at this point in time we do not, this maybe fixed or it may not. I will be happy to turn off my adblock when its fixed.
    Trust me, I feel the deep pit of anger and rage every time an autoplay ad starts up... Like I turn into the hulk and start smashing things (well maybe not literally). But you won't know if it is fixed or not while adblock is on, it's not like anyone ever posts to say "yay there are no autoplay ads!!" they only post to complain about them being there.

Personally it just makes me hate the companies that have them and I start not using their products. I know it doesn't do much (especially to the uber big companies) but it does make me feel a bit better.

Deleted
    Arlee, i'll be honest with you.

I haven't disabled my adblocker on MMO-champion for more than an hour at a time since 2011. Invariably, every 3rd ad I get is grossly inconvenient in some way:

1) I've had the usual audio ads that start playing immediately and don't have an immediately visible disable button.
    2) I've had popup ads that appear automatically and block my entire view from seeing the screen with no immediately visible close button.
    3) I've had ads that redirected me to another page away from MMO-Champion.
    4) I've had ads that just totally hijack the page and only let the ad itself appear.
    5) I've had ads that affect the size of the element that holds the content of MMO-Champion.

i have also had the usual goldseller ads, the play for free ads, the hacking software ads, but honestly, I'd be happy if I could be 100% certain that the ads I receive were just those kind of ads and not one of those above. However, as long as there haven't been made conclusive, consumer friendly international rules on what kinds of ads are allowed, I'm just going to keep running adblocker software, because I don't want my enjoyment of the internet to be negatively affected by obnoxious ads that could appear.

To be clear: I have nothing against MMO-champion. I have nothing against ads, provided they are consumer friendly and don't intrude on my privacy or interfere with my internet activities. But if a big portion of the ads that I get are just obnoxious and ass backwards, then I have no problems with using an adblocker to ensure that I can keep visiting the websites I want in an actually enjoyable fashion. If you're ever going to add a premium service where i can pay 5 EUR per month to remove all ads and get a vastly improved version of the website, then I'll subscribe to that. but I'm not going to let the parts of MMO-champion that I enjoy (the social contact, the discussion and the news) be disfigured by bad ads. I've been affected by them so many times and in such ways that it's just awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, please, please report them. Every report is acted on as soon as possible to remove them, but we don't get enough people reporting in the first place.

If you can get a screenshot and a click link, you can save pain both for you in the future and for anyone else experiencing the same ad.