Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.3 - The Old Seer, Ghostcrawler on Tri Spec, Blue Tweets, Fifth Element Video

Diablo II Ladder Reset, Diablo III Hotfixes: April, Still No Date for 1.0.8, Maintenance is Breaking the Report Spam Feature, No Controller Support

Patch 5.3 - The Old Seer Quest
    Patch 5.3 adds a new quest that reveals the final Sha, as well as rewarding some Item Level 502 boots!

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    502ClothSpell SpiritFeet Modest Sandals
    502ClothSpell DPSFeet Unassuming Slippers
    502LeatherSpell SpiritFeet Treads of Respect
    502LeatherPhysical DPSFeet Self-Effacing Boots
    502MailPhysical DPSFeet Treads of Reticence
    502MailSpell DPSFeet Unpretentious Boots
    502PlateTankFeet Sabatons of the Humble
    502PlateMeleeFeet Subservient Greatboots
    502PlateSpell SpiritFeet Boots of Boundless Patience

Ghostcrawler on Tri Spec
    More replies today to the Tri Spec tweet from yesterday!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All the classes already feel the same thanks to you.
    We try to strike a balance between the demands for "I need X tool that the other guy has" and classes still feeling cool. (Source)

Specs should be saveable, e.g. equip sets. Keep talents, glyphs, action bars. Limit could then be set to 3, 4, 5 w/e
    Yeah, we think an approach like that would take the hassle out of it. (Source)

Could you explain the logic behind tri-spec diminishing class uniqueness? more choices = more variety.
    You no longer think of your friend as a Feral or a Balance druid. She is just a druid who can fill any role just like any druid. (Source)

If you were really serious about this statement, a character would be permanently limited to 2 of the 3 specs.
    The intent of letting you remake choices was never supposed to be "I can swap to anything at a moment's notice." (Source)
    It was supposed to be "I made a decision that now I really regret and wish I could make over." (Source)
    I do worry sometimes that dual spec solved a problem (talent points were a pain to rebuy) that no longer exists. (Source)

Blue Posts
    World Boss Kill Status
    We are aware of the request and looking to add a way for characters to track which world boss had already been defeated in a given week. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Character
    Hey! Sorry if this has been asked before, but there was talk about letting us hide weapon enchant glows iirc. Idea scrapped?
    Not scrapped. Just not sure yet on the right design. It gets into the issue of weapon transmog pretty quickly. (Source)

I don't understand why rings are unique-equipped, is it too game breaking to have two of the same kind? Any plans to change?
    You only get so many gear slots, so chasing the same BiS piece for two just removes some of the gearing options / opportunities. (Source)
    That's understandable, but going for BiS is completely optional and nothing something all players do, I'm no expert but...
    Unfortunately, we find the opposite. Many players expect BiS and even consider the second place item to be "garbage." (Source)

I like the new talent system but it makes leveling kinda unrewarding. Long stretches where you get nothing.
    Agree. (Source)

As a corollary, that mean healers lacking mitigation should actually be leading "meters", Yet, the opposite is true.
    Most players would do well to compare their own performance night to night and stop worrying about what everyone else does. (Source)
    Either remove the ability of HPS meters/WoL to work,or balance the game around it.Cant change everyone's minds
    Neither of those seems like a reasonable response to misinterpretation of data. (Source)

Do you feel that the shared achievements have worked out for 10 and 25 man raiding? Any plans for the future?
    We think shared is fine, but it would be nice to be able to determine which version someone earned the achievement in. (Source)

Classes
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Buff Naturalist another 10% please, resto druids are bottom of logs in pve and burst pvp far outstrips resto driuds heals
    Logs aren't a great way to measure healing done. Just as one example, PW:Barrier doesn't show up while Tranq does. (Source)

Why are shaman and druids doing so poorly this expansion in pve healing?
    We think shaman are fine. We think druid hots get trumped a lot by absorbs, esp. paladin and Disc's. 5.3 changes should help. (Source)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Just witnessed some major BrM hate in LFR lost 2 perfectly fine tanks because of their lower health pool, so many hate on BrM
    That's just a weird perception. Brewmasters can tank anything. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Eternal Flame blanketing with paladin mastery is so strong. Why not revert the mastery nerf and make EF HoT not stack mastery.
    We buffed EF just before release and have regretted it ever since. (Source)
    Mastery was too strong regardless, but longer-term we don't want EF to be the only choice for Holy. (Source)
    Could you follow up with a why? EF(in a 25h raid) implies much greater skill then keeping up SS+using LoD
    Eternal Flame has like 90%+ use for Holy. That means they effectively lose a talent choice. If some used SS then it would be fine. (Source)
    Keep in mind: to drop EF for SS, LoD needs to be viable. It's not good enough atm.
    LoD just has to beat WoG, which it does. Eternal Flame is the problem. It lets Holy become a Resto druid and a Disc priest. (Source)

Recent Q+A mentioned more with shields - possible future choice for Ret (a la War TG/SMF)? 1h-shield Ret sounds interesting!
    I think there is some interesting design space for offensive shield use. The 300s Spartans don't feel like Prot warriors to me. (Source)

I think retri pala still needs some special/unique ability to be picked up for "serious" games in pvp. What do you think?
    Not crazy about the idea of 34 unique abilities to ensure that every spec gets picked up for PvP. Just feels like an arms race. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Was Rain if Fire intended to be part of Destruction single target rotation? Any plans to change it? Sorry if it's a repeat q
    Not crazy about it. We don't want to change it for 5.3 in the middle of a tier, but maybe 5.4. We could buff embers in other ways. (Source)
    An idea I had was to make RoF only generate embers if it hits at least 3 targets. What do you think about that?
    Something like that would be fine. Just need to make sure single target ember generation doesn't feel too slow. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    That's irrelevant. People use Heroic Leap as a gap closer and not for it's DPS, especially with the nerf to the glyph.
    If they're using it as a gap closer, then they don't need to worry about minimum range. (Source)

Fifth Element: Avengers - Dark Animus Kill
    Another nice intro from Fifth Element!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-05-02 at 08:12 AM.

Final sha omgomgomgomgomg. Also. Fifth Element is an amazing guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 7th Sha revealed? Yes! I thought the Seer's last words after the quest turned in was pretty cool, too.
    Also personally I don't feel that tri-spec is needed right now.
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2013-05-02 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Final sha omgomgomgomgomg. Also. Fifth Element is an amazing guild.
    They do have a good graphic designer, not sure how amazing they are.

Also, more hit gear... yay................. FU.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    There we have it, blue on black... Ghostcrawler is an idiot. I cant honestly believe that this guy wasnt replaced by now.

1.) tri spec: he cant hold his ground on their own forums against the average forum user with his "arguments"
    2.) world boss tracking was "suggested" (like you honestly had to suggest something like this) already during 5.1 PTR, and we had a blue post stating that they are looking at it... nothing changed

Ghostcrawler must've been a badass marine scientist to get a job as Lead Systems Designer (responsible for the two above failures) at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats everyone who guessed Sha of Pride

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole look at your friend as a class with 'spec' doesn't exist. You can get gear for all specs, you can go to the npc and redo the spec to become that, so adding the third spec just takes away the 10 min it will take to swap spec, buttons, and so on, if that even takes 10 min.

To make a player look at as, "Hey that resto druid" they'll need to go back down to having one spec, and the cost to re-pec a lot, like back in the day when you would cringe at how much it was, but needed to, and you didn't do it over and over in one day, as we do now.

They made a mistake by adding the ability to have two specs, and I know they wish they could undo it.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    There we have it, blue on black... Ghostcrawler is an idiot. I cant honestly believe that this guy wasnt replaced by now.

1.) tri spec: he cant hold his ground on their own forums against the average forum user with his "arguments"
    2.) world boss tracking was "suggested" (like you honestly had to suggest something like this) already during 5.1 PTR, and we had a blue post stating that they are looking at it... nothing changed

Ghostcrawler must've been a badass marine scientist to get a job as Lead Systems Designer (responsible for the two above failures) at Blizzard.
    Ghostcrawler makes a VERY good point on Tri Spec. It makes your class more bland and the decisions and options you choose more mundane and pointless. Variety is better, Tri Spec is bad.

slime

Deleted
    whats the tune on the vid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should it matter how many specs a druid plays? Tri-spec is a must for druids now (at the very least).
    I will always be branded a Boomkin -- but I can play Guardian very well and Resto efficiently. Why should I have to stop what I am doing to go to the trainer and respec? It is a waste of time.

The argument of people just having every spec and not being recognized as a specific spec is stupid. A player will always have a preferred spec that they enjoy playing the most and their friends and fellow raiders/pvper/ect will recognize and brand them as that spec because they know their friends. I mean yeah, I also play 2 other druid specs but my friends don't recognize me as them. Unless your friends are incredibly stupid/clueless then I am pretty sure they already recognize you as a specific spec.

CG sure loves making excuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    Ghostcrawler makes a VERY good point on Tri Spec. It makes your class more bland and the decisions and options you choose more mundane and pointless. Variety is better, Tri Spec is bad.
    Dunno what point you see here... we're already able to swap talent specs in a matter of 10 mins, gather different gear sets and learn how to play them. THIS would only make sense if classes were ONLY allowed to chose 2 specs and keep them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    Congrats everyone who guessed Sha of Pride
    Yeah, that's .. half of.. everyone :P Extra phase at the end of Heroic Garrosh fight?

What a shame, that I have only one sub to unsub. I really wish to unsub...errr...something, but I have unsubbed long time ago already. In Cata GC followed hardcores whines and made everything hard (LFD, raids, tanking, healing, etc.) and it failed. Now he is following BC/Vanilla-grind-style whiners. Nothing to do in this game anymore.

P.S. He is definitly trolling us.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-05-02 at 09:17 AM.

Can't say i'm that impressed with how the Sha of Pride is explained; seems to add more fuel to the notion that in the next expansion(s), the Faction conflict that has for so long been a part of WoW, even in the darkest times, is going to subside.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Dunno what point you see here... we're already able to swap talent specs in a matter of 10 mins, gather different gear sets and learn how to play them. THIS would only make sense if classes were ONLY allowed to chose 2 specs and keep them forever.
    Convenience has degraded multiple aspects in this game already. Adding multispeccing or trispec will just what GC said, your balance druid friend will become druid friend.

Woot The Sha of Pride. Called it

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I think it's the Sha of Pride. While Lust would cause Garrosh to act the way he is, Pride is more dominate in him, especially as an Orc. He already has power, but he doesn't have the achievements that Thrall, or his Father has. So in seeking his own, the achievement of defeating the alliance, would cause his pride to swell up attracting the final Sha to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Can't say i'm that impressed with how the Sha of Pride is explained; seems to add more fuel to the notion that in the next expansion(s), the Faction conflict that has for so long been a part of WoW, even in the darkest times, is going to subside.
    War can't last forever, I unno about you but I find the whole "horde vs alliance" over done ... It was awesome in Classic, ok in BC, and dead (to me at least) at the end of BC. Seems like there were more important things to worry about then some pathetic group of races who are more worried about what the other faction is doing instead of worrying about more important matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I wonder if sha of pride has any similarity with pride in FMA(manga). Like using hellscream as a vessel or something(and other badass elements).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Convenience has degraded multiple aspects in this game already. Adding multispeccing or trispec will just what GC said, your balance druid friend will become druid friend.
    Cant remember EVER calling my friends or recognizing them as "beastmaster hunter", "fire mage", "assas rogue", "affli lock" ...... you're either DD, rDD, healer or tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post

No he didn't. Because you can still play all the specs and I know plenty of people who do. It is really annoying when someone suddenly has to end up tank, heal or dps in raid and we have to wait for them to port back to the trainer and respec and change their bars. All tri-spec does is add convenience. It was a QoL change, nothing more. Adding it or not adding changes nothing about how "bland" the classes are.