Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah, Blizz made no attempt to hide that. They flat out said that since locks are the least played class, they're getting an overhaul. But I have to wonder, will the next expac be the next lowest played class?

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 08:13 PM ----------

I think the whole demonic thing, probably turned alot of ppl away from the class.
    I don't really care about the cosmetics or the lore. Being a warlock has just become a part of my identity after all these years. But I guess that in the same sense the "lol look at me I'm new and shiny and spawn at level 55 *DK*" or "I'm a holyman with glory and gold and religion *PALA*" would prevent me from ever rolling the class, the same could be said for the warlock. Emo Marilyn Manson demon type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I don't really care about the cosmetics or the lore.
    I enjoy the lore, being forbidden to do fel magic then saying "fuck it i want to be more powerful than normal silly mages." Bending powerful demons from the nether to do our bidding. Lock lore imo is some of the best out there.

I don't really care about the cosmetics or the lore. Being a warlock has just become a part of my identity after all these years. But I guess that in the same sense the "lol look at me I'm new and shiny and spawn at level 55 *DK*" or "I'm a holyman with glory and gold and religion *PALA*" would prevent me from ever rolling the class, the same could be said for the warlock. Emo Marilyn Manson demon type.
    Marilyn Manson doesn't fit the profile. Nor does emo. If warlocks were running around crying, wearing eyeliner, and staring at their shoes, then sure. But they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    I don't know how many times there would be a friend of mine who began playing and I'd say "Hey come click this" Then someone would die and i would blame them for clicking it wrong.. too many good times were had with ritual of doom.

@Last Starfighter truly i am not sure.. as soon as i posted it i thought that too and looked around but couldn't figure it out.
    Good times indeed.
    I did that in the AV starting cave way too many times.

As a class warlocks have had arguably some of the most frustrating and tedious mechanics pretty consistently through the life of the game.
    Soul Shards only this expansion do I feel are really close to what they should have been a long time ago.
    Something as simple as them stacking would have been huge back then, but blizzard in their infinite wisdom repeatedly denied us that option.

10+ Year Old Account
    since when warlocks are fotm o.0? afaik they are just good dps...if anything Monks are Fotm due to fact they are new

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    since when warlocks are fotm o.0? afaik they are just good dps...if anything Monks are Fotm due to fact they are new
    Not sure if you're completely understanding FOTM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Not sure if you're completely understanding FOTM.
    fotm = flavor of the month...what so hard to understand. warlocks are in a good place atm that does not make em a fad if you like.

Warlocks=Simply epic all the time, i mean u throw diarrhea fire and turn into a big gay green demon? Nothing can be better than that!
    <3 all lock specs

Yeah like many here, soul shard farming was STUPID. First you actually had to fam before raids like many have said and depends on mechanics or specc but sometimes I would become soul shard starved (also in battlegrounds). Also the fact Blizz made it stupid that you only got a shard from mobs that gave you xp, which again before raid meant you had to make sure you were in a recent zone.

As far as quests..idk. With every new expansion it is hard for Blizz to Keep quests that you have to do say at level 40, even tho the quests used be alot harder w/o mounts and mobs could actually kill you. Also, I remember in BC when I was going for my dreadsteed quests in Dire Maul I could not find anyone, I happened to get lucky and some max level locks finally helped me. Now, again different with LFD and you can almost go into these dungeons and solo crap with all the nerfs. I don't know if I agree with you on old quests for mounts and pets, plus they did give us green fire quest.

Now from time I started in BC where locks were very good til now for me has been up and down. We have always been competive in dps for pve but for pvp it was a different story. Now, again the arguement of we were gods in arena, with a healer, I cannot argue but when I did bg's I was trained on so much by melee, especially it was not fun. At least in MoP we have a fighting chance with our defensive cd's. Ironically we are in a bad place right now for arena.

Deleted
    Funny enough I still got two Soul Shard Bags flying around, due to the Vanilla Bag Switching that happened in Raids.

I miss my weapon enchant, shadow embrace stuff, old talents, old demonology, mixed demo/destro, armors, DEVOUR MAGIC, deathcoil... many things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Marilyn Manson doesn't fit the profile. Nor does emo. If warlocks were running around crying, wearing eyeliner, and staring at their shoes, then sure. But they aren't.
    I was trying to imagine how others might see warlocks, if I saw paladins and dks as I described. Life Tap is kinda emo though.

Deleted
    One thing that really bothers me: I played two locks on two different servers in Vanilla.
    With one I did the quests for the enchanted Gold Blood Robe and the Staff of Dar'Orahil, with the other one I didn't.
    Unfortunately, the lock I continued playing throughout all expansions was the latter one...oh how much I'd wish that I could transfer those items from Lock 1 to Lock 2 - would be really nice transmog items indeed :/

I've always liked my locks. True I had to change classes when I used to raid, like having to become a DK tank in Wraith, but when I could go back to playing the lock it was always fun to me.

To me it seems like Locks have some of the most unique class aspects in the game, from some of the coolest tier sets, mount quests, class quests, I've always joked with my friends that locks were the golden child of Blizzard because every xpac they got something new (mounts, unique tiers (wings), spells, ect.) or were just Gods among peons in PvP.
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2013-05-07 at 01:46 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

I wish i still had my scythe reward. it came out before transmog and i had a better weapon at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I wish i still had my scythe reward. it came out before transmog and i had a better weapon at the time.
    Maybe you'll be able to get another one - try visiting a warlock trainer in SW/Org and see if they have a quest for you.
    I haven't kept mine too, but was able to obtain a new one in late Cata this way.

I really miss Cata Demonology, before the pre-MoP patch that made the spec dumbed down as hell. I miss the old quests for the pets and mounts, and I would love it if (instead of just reintroducing those quests) they added a flying mount quest for Warlocks (and Paladins too, to add back that old school flavor they once had).

I definitely notice a LOT more warlocks running around now than in Cata and before, but it doesn't affect me any. I got my green fire and I'm still the only Warlock in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    fotm = flavor of the month...what so hard to understand. warlocks are in a good place atm that does not make em a fad if you like.
    They are a fad, or atleast was?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by werdwitha3 View Post
    I really miss Cata Demonology, before the pre-MoP patch that made the spec dumbed down as hell. I miss the old quests for the pets and mounts, and I would love it if (instead of just reintroducing those quests) they added a flying mount quest for Warlocks (and Paladins too, to add back that old school flavor they once had).

I definitely notice a LOT more warlocks running around now than in Cata and before, but it doesn't affect me any. I got my green fire and I'm still the only Warlock in my guild.
    We have 5...

10+ Year Old Account
    Life Tap is kinda emo though.
    I don't think it is emo, they aren't really hurting themselves for attention.. they are draining there own life force in return for a force which we rape things with fire/curses/shadow!