Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Would you rather have a new class or a new race or none

Tittle says it all! Please give a reason!

I want playable naga

there's a very logical and scientific reason for that: naga girls make me rock hard
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    If it had to be one of the other, I'd prefer a new class - it adds a lot more content to the game, I already have one of every class, thus adding another race means I'd either have to pay to race change, or re-level a class I already have. Classes are a lot more work to balance though; I'd only want a new class it was well balanced and offered something new as well as lore-appropriate. That being said I'd still love a new race as well, so I'd be greedy and ask for both :P

New race, too many new classes too quick will just cause more balance issues than we already have :/

New race if I had to choose one or the other. I have a monk and it seems like developers actively try to push it to the bottom. Not interested in having that ride again.

I think the game needs fewer classes (each with more available specs) than it already has, but that isn't going to happen. I'd vote for none, and just have them focus on content.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I don't need a new Race/Class, every expansion.

Class.

As long as they're suitably unique, they can make as many classes as they want. The more variety the better. imommo

Also, while I'm happy with the classes they offer, there's always a chance I'd like something else better. So heck, bring em on.

None. We have plenty. If we MUST get one, it should be a race. Balance is already terrible, they don't need to make it worse by adding more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    New race, too many new classes too quick will just cause more balance issues than we already have :/
    Honestly there are way too many class/spec combinations right now to ever be 100% balanced.

Im in full favor of a new class(es) and race(s) every expansion. There are quite a few candidates for new classes and for new races. I'm still waiting for Runemaster, Demon Hunter, Tinkerer and Ogres, High Elves, Timbermaw, ...

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    None. We have plenty. If we MUST get one, it should be a race. Balance is already terrible, they don't need to make it worse by adding more.
    Balance is the best its ever been in the history of wow. "Terrible"? Right...

There ARE imbalances. There will always be imbalances, but they're relatively tiny.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Race: Murlocs
    Class: Space Marine

Mix them together and we have win.

If we have rockets we can have astronauts, er...Twisting Nethernauts?

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 09:22 AM ----------

Race: Murlocs
    Class: Space Marine

Mix them together and we have win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagabane View Post
    great dark beyondauts.

the twisting nether is not the great dark beyond (WoW's outer space), though there's some degree of overlapping between them.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Class: Dat Demon Hunter .... ughhhh.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    I want a new class AND a new race! can be any new class and any new race ^^

I'm pretty much fine with neither option. I'd rather see Blizzard devote their time and energy to the new endgame stuff than try to create either a new class and all the issues that come with it, or create and explain one or two new 1-10 zones that no one's ever heard of before so new races can come from somewhere.

IMO, we're at the point where there are fewer and fewer options available for either one. As far as races are concerned, having Pandaren start neutral and choose was a smart fix to a couple problems: First, who gets the pandas? Second, what do we give to the side that didn't get pandas? I don't know that there's a lot more out there to pull the same trick for. To be honest, both of the Alliance-only races seemed to be ass pulls. "Hey, wait, not all draenei are deformed little angry guys, they were actually eredar (oh by the way, they're not Always Chaotic Evil after all) who chose not to join the Legion!" Riiiiight. Worgen have an okay tie-in with Gilneas, but it still seemed forced to me.

Classes are even worse. Most of the things that would be feasible to the setting are already covered by another class. For example, when DKs (and Hero classes, now a defunct idea, iirc) were introduced, a lot of people started talking about Archdruids. Again, there's a couple problems with this. First, why roll druid when you can roll super-druid? Second, if Archdruids couldn't do everything regular druids could, then what's so Archy about them? I'm not sure there's a lot out there that isn't already handled in an existing class's kit. Most importantly, balance issues are huge when a new class gets added. Classes with tank or healing specs need to be viable but not completely dominate the scene, and balancing DPS specs is obviously a huge juggling act.

I'm sure that when Blizzard decides to do either one, they'll have people working out those issues, but it just seems like they'll have to shoehorn a lot in at this point.

It would be interesting to see if they can make a class that doesn't overlap with any of the existing classes, it'll be a challenge for them for sure.

a new race seems a more logical choice

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It would be interesting to see if they can make a class that doesn't overlap with any of the existing classes, it'll be a challenge for them for sure.

a new race seems a more logical choice
    Classes overlap all the time why is that a problem?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Classes overlap all the time why is that a problem?
    wouldn't you like to see a relatively unique class?

Otherwise it is just the same class with a different look/flavor

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    wouldn't you like to see a relatively unique class?

Otherwise it is just the same class with a different look/flavor
    I would be OK with new classes that are just reskinned versions of other classes (Ala SWTOR)