Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Why would an ilvl 502 LFR item be colored rare and an ilvl 476 crafted item colored epic?

The fuss is because this is a pointless change being asked for by people who don't like LFR as a way to make LFR unpopular with people who currently like it.
    I don't know... for the same reason that quest greens from the next expansion will blow away epics from this one, as is always the case.

What does it matter really? If a text change gives a certain group a happy because it separates lfr from normal or heroic level loot, it really shouldn't make a difference. Yes, it's admittedly a silly change, but it's also an equally silly thing to rage against if it were to happen.

Stats matter, text color doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I'm shocked that people are so dense that they forget Blizzard intends on using LFR as a stepping stone and catch up. So how are people supposed to get raid ready? Wait I'm not shocked. This forum is full of idiots.
    Except it is not supposed to be a stepping stone and is supposed to be along a progression path of its own. You do not need to LFR to be raid ready. You could do heroic dungeons and jump into normal mode vaults and progress your way up. Heroic dungeons are the stepping stones into LFR and normal mode raiding. LFR just makes it easier now that there is a new tier. The color of a piece of gear is not going to change this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Actually I wish someone at Blizzard would really think about this because I agree with the above 100%. Dump the color scheme on gear altogether. They can put the word 'Legendary' in there on legendaries if that's what they want to do.
    Blizzard could make all gear the color of purple to make people feel better about themselves and in the end there is no real difference. It really is silly that players get so hung up over the color of gear and tie in so much of their self worth to the color of text that has no bearing on the stat budget of items anymore. Item level and stat distribution is what maters and yet players get so blinded by something that is superficial and then take it as an insult to call the color of an item superficial.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-05-02 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Stats matter, text color doesn't.
    If text color doesn't matter, there's absolutely no benefit to making this change. Can I mark you down as someone who's opposed to this proposed change, then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    At level 60 having one or two AH epics was nothing, but it did take time to get full epics and each epic that you got from a raid felt pretty epic. Hell, when we got the server first Nefarian kill I still had a few blues, most raiders were running around in a few blues still. It was a combination of epics not being given out like candy and also the game's huge itemization issues such as a handful of blue trinkets (Blackhand's Breadth, Hand of Justice) being better than some of the epic trinket options for some classes, or some blue weapons (Arcanite Reaper) being better than some epic raid weapons, and so when one actually did get an epic upgrade to one of those items it was truly "epic." - Also some of those BoE world drop epics were pretty epic as well, Krol Blade was level 51? 52? something like that? and it was still very close to the first tier raid epics, but that was more due to itemization fail on Blizzard's part.

It changed with TBC where after a couple months pretty much everyone was running around decked out in epics. Not that I'm complaining or saying vanilla was better or anything.
    Felt pretty epic ????
    I was full epic at 3th week after i become lv 60 just some MC farms which was the level of current LFR raiding
    I dint felt epic in mine epic gear now so do blizz have to make normal raiding gear blue just because i dint feel epic with him ?

Would be an OK change. I don't think it would really accomplish much of anything though. Normal mode raiders would still forced to use LFR to ensure they were able to keep on their off-slots.

I think challenge modes should start yielding LFR or maybe even normal mode level loot depending on how fast you finish it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 09:29 PM ----------

If text color doesn't matter, there's absolutely no benefit to making this change. Can I mark you down as someone who's opposed to this proposed change, then?
    No, if you read all of what he wrote you'd notice that he's FOR the change so that it might please a certain group of players because it really has absolutely ZERO downside to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Felt pretty epic ????
    I was full epic at 3th week after i become lv 60 just some MC farms which was the level of current LFR raiding
    I dint felt epic in mine epic gear now so do blizz have to make normal raiding gear blue just because i dint feel epic with him ?

Carried thru MC by folks not needing anything is more like it. I call totally baloney on getting full epics 8 pc unless you where a druid of course since cenarion crap always dropped and all your druids where already having 8pc done. But no you where not getting full epics by being in a guild that still was running MC for gear and getting fully geared in 3 weeks was NOT something that happened back in spring early summer of 2005.

I know i was there i was running one of the best guilds on the server back than.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    lfr shouldn't have any gear to begin with...
    the purpose of gear is to reward players for effort or to help them through content by slowly nerfing the difficulty of an encounter with drops from previous encounters.
    lfr doesn't require any kind of effort and it certainly doesn't require gear to get through.
    It was designed to give casual players something that resembled a raiding experience,it would have worked if it didn't have any gear,people would have gone there for the experience and actual teamwork could have been expected from players in lfr.
    Then how are people supposed to get into ToT LFR? Full honor PvP gear won't put you over the requirement to enter ToT LFR.

Self imposed insult? Did you see Lemonpartyfan's response to my question?

Are you going to bug Lemonopartyfan now about why a color change between LFR and heroic raid gear would "sate someone's ego" or are you only directing your curiosity towards people who disagree with this change?

Technically, I already understand lemonparty's answer. Heroic Raiders have complained since about ICC that their extra work wasn't recognized and I was all for them getting special Feats of Strengths for pre-nerf kills, gear color changes, mounts etc for doing extra work. The topic has been covered again for 25 man raiders getting a little something extra for the extra effort required to run 25 man raid groups. The difference there is I haven't seen many say they would quit the game tomorrow if X did or didn't happen" They normally said "I'll just quit 25 man raiding or I'll quit heroic raiding, it's not worth the extra effort."

And I think Lemonparty does bring up a fair point. Heroic raiders are being superficial if they want special gear to set themselves a part, but LFR raiders are completely justified in wanting gear that doesn't set them apart ? Again, as a LFR raider I can't say with a straight face "I worked really really hard for this epic, I deserve it!" and "If it was a Blue colored text it would take away from my acomplishments in LFR!"

My personal thought is that the original guy who posted in the tweet, may have even wanted to show that "some" LFR raiders are just as superficial with the gear as the hardcore elite radiers are. Yet, they don't want to consider themselves superficial, only "those other guys" are. And that's not being very honest about the issue.

And again, I'm not a proponent of the change. It seemed like an odd question to me at first. But I understand why some people think that LFR overly rewards people for minimal effort and I can see why they might feel that there should be other identifiers for gear and maybe they are wrong in their motivations. At the same time, it "seems" like LFR people don't want to fully admit\accept that LFR is a very casual affair and doesn't really deserve epic status.To go to the extreme of "I'll quit the game" just seems really baffling to me. I question whether it's more bluff than fact and whether they are taking such a hypothetical change as too personal.

The biggest problem is changing the text doesn't fix the AFKers and the auto attackers, though one could argue, blue gear might get rid of them, but that's like saying the PvP gear change will fix BG botters.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-05-02 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No, if you read all of what he wrote you'd notice that he's FOR the change so that it might please a certain group of players because it really has absolutely ZERO downside to it.
    Apparently he has high double standards. The change is supposed to please one group, while another group is supposed to be indifferent to it because it has no effect.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait, what? If it makes no difference, it has no upside or downside. Then it's a change that's not worth making. If you perceive some kind of upside to it, then it obviously makes some difference in your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do like most people have learned to do since WotLK, look at itemLevel, not color
    For Item level, I'd have to inspect. Color is directly visible. (Talking about the actual non-mogged item appearance)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    IN many ways. Blizzard had literally painted LFR as a way to see content first, and a stepping stone into raids second. A change like this would STILL let people see content, and promote people to work harder to get into Normal via PUGS and Guilds, instead of being the end of the line.

So not only would it promote people going into Normals FROM LFR, it would sate the Heroic raiders egos.

It was always my thinking that Blizzard shouldn't have pretty much deleted greens from the game to begin with. All Dungeons drop blues, and they are easy to get. Most quest lines end in blues, and those are even easier to get.

If iLvls dont change what would this actually hurt? Most of the people here are literally just saying its okay for one side to be greedy, but if the other side does it, they are elitists, and that its okay or one side to be superficial, but the other side can't, and again, they are elitists if they do.
    Except Blizzard have also said that along with seeing content, they also want people to use LFR to gear up after Heroics to give them progression, those people that don't or can't raid normals/heroics.

If everyone that couldn't raid just geared through Heroics, then they would come to a stop in progression, game over, no progression power ups for their toons, and so why would they bother to keep playing? Which in turn would make the game bad for everyone, because less people on your realms, less people to play with.

Why would you want to stop people that can't put in the time, from having some small progression constantly over an expack? Isn't that just cutting your nose off to spite your face?

Again colours don't matter, so why have them change it? What benefit does it bring to the game? Other than for a select few players to Lord it over others that they are better cause they have gear thats purple, and those that do LFR have Blues?

We could just give LFR Purple coloured gear, Normals Blue gear and Heroics Green gear, I mean if colour doesn't matter to the normal or heroic raiders!
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-05-02 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I actually laughed when I saw this because I couldn't believe GC's response. I thought it was a decent idea. I'm personally sick of all the epic gear with the green subcategories on them like Raid Finder, Heroic, Elite, Thunderforged, etc. eliminating one of those doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

If GC said something like "it's always been like this so it will stay" or "it's a raid and raids drop epics" or even the ballsy right answer of "more people run LFR than N and Hc combined and it's a stupid business decision to piss those people off." I would feel those responses are more justifiable. But because it may "push folks out of LFR." Come on... Most people wouldn't stop LFR if they got Blues over Purples. Many would be annoyed but people would get over it.

What do you guys think of GC's comment? Would people stop LFR if it dropped Blues instead?
    What would even be the point? If they're the same ilvl and stats they might as well keep it purple.

Only people I could see finding a reason to support this is the people who want to feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    We could just give LFR Purple coloured gear, Normals Blue gear and Heroics Green gear, I mean if colour doesn't matter to the normal or heroic raiders!
    I bet a fair number of heroic raiders would take that. Green is the new Purple! I'm sure they would love to be in all Orange gear if it was an option. I like the color blue better than purple anyways, so back to normal mode raiding for me!
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-05-02 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I bet a fair number of heroic raiders would take that. I like the color blue better than purple anyways, so back to normal mode raiding for me!
    Exactly! Colour doesn't matter, I'd be happy with any colour they give the title of our gear, so long as the stats are the same I don't care. I just want progression for my toons by doing the stuff ingame I have the time and am able to do. Honestly all this fuss over a colour.

Deleted
    I still think they should go back to LK style gear.. drop lfr, make 25man better as it was and it would result in more pugs and bring back some more community to the realms

Why are you complaining about what gear others are using? Yes, epics are way to welfare now but thats how it is. This makes people who cant dedicate them self to a raiding guild and the time it takes to raid properly, able to get their shiny epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzor View Post
    I still think they should go back to LK style gear.. drop lfr, make 25man better as it was and it would result in more pugs and bring back some more community to the realms
    A lot of people would stop raiding if it wasen't for LFR(myself included).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't honestly see why any of you give a shit what color a persons gear is besides your won anyway. I mean that's what you are whining about you really need that color distinction to feel you have more worth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't fathom why the fuck anyone cares what color gear other players wear.. HELL I can't fathom why people care what gear other players wear period lol. LFR is here to stay, color distinction or not, quit crying about every little blue post that doesn't play along with you opinions, play the game and keep it moving. As long as you're raiding like a bad ass on normal or heroic, you shouldn't worry about how X players are running around in epics and how it makes you "sick" (really?). Make LFR gear poop brown, diarrhea green, or vomit yellow, you'll still complain about how "LFR players now have a special distinction", and there on goes the vicious cycle.