Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Making LFR gear blue quality may "push folks out of LFR"

What if..... you didn't change the ilvl or stats on LFR gear ,but made the gear blue quality.

A whole lot of players use LFR. We want to preserve the prestige of N and H raiding, but don't want to push folks out of LFR.
    I actually laughed when I saw this because I couldn't believe GC's response. I thought it was a decent idea. I'm personally sick of all the epic gear with the green subcategories on them like Raid Finder, Heroic, Elite, Thunderforged, etc. eliminating one of those doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

If GC said something like "it's always been like this so it will stay" or "it's a raid and raids drop epics" or even the ballsy right answer of "more people run LFR than N and Hc combined and it's a stupid business decision to piss those people off." I would feel those responses are more justifiable. But because it may "push folks out of LFR." Come on... Most people wouldn't stop LFR if they got Blues over Purples. Many would be annoyed but people would get over it.

What do you guys think of GC's comment? Would people stop LFR if it dropped Blues instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Deleted
    Yes i will and not only LFR but entire game
    I want mine alts also to be purple not only mine main

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should knock LFR down to blue. LFR should be optional for the experience or filler gear, not mandatory as it became in MoP.

I'd also support making a new gear quality for heroic gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    lfr shouldn't have any gear to begin with...
    the purpose of gear is to reward players for effort or to help them through content by slowly nerfing the difficulty of an encounter with drops from previous encounters.
    lfr doesn't require any kind of effort and it certainly doesn't require gear to get through.
    It was designed to give casual players something that resembled a raiding experience,it would have worked if it didn't have any gear,people would have gone there for the experience and actual teamwork could have been expected from players in lfr.
    It was supposed to be the one place for casual players where they can work together in a different atmosphere then ''rush rush rush'' like in 5-man heroics while raiders work on normals/heroics.
    Add gear into it and it becomes competitive,everything is rushed,tensions rise because actual raiders are forced again to run something boring and bland for gear.
    And voila lfr is as shitty as 5-man heroics.
    Lfr is now just a bigger version of 5-man heroics.Doesn't resemble anything to raiding,no teamwork,no talking,just queue up,do your dps,get loot,and gear up for real raids.
    What does it even accomplish aside from seeing ''encounters'' live?its barely an upgrade from watching a raid on youtube
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-05-02 at 05:21 PM.

People care way to much about what other people wear.

I think for the causal LFR is epic for them. so to take that away from the majority is a good way to tick them off. I think the 3 tiers is fine. the serious and hardcore raiders have their gear/challenge mode gear. this is the only way for casuals to feel epic.
    Last edited by dmawhorde4life; 2013-05-02 at 05:02 PM. Reason: misspelling

Anyone in favor of making LFR items blue should ask themselves: Why do I want this?

The only honest answer I can think of is, "I want LFR players to know that they're not as good as raiders." Basically, the whole point of changing LFR gear to blue would be to differentiate yourself from LFR players.

Sorry, but Blizzard doesn't have to cater to your superficiality. There's no legitimate reason to change LFR gear to blue. You want people to know that you're better than them. That's not a good enough reason.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I don't even do LFR and know this is stupid. People saying it's mandatory? If you're bad yeah...There's zero reason to care what LFR raiders are wearing, it's a damn video game not a popularity contest.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    I agree.

Also why does it matter what colour the gear is? make LFR gear poop brown, normal gear cyan, and heroic gear hot pink

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Anyone in favor of making LFR items blue should ask themselves: Why do I want this?

The only honest answer I can think of is, "I want LFR players to know that they're not as good as raiders." Basically, the whole point of changing LFR gear to blue would be to differentiate yourself from LFR players.

Sorry, but Blizzard doesn't have to cater to your superficiality. There's no legitimate reason to change LFR gear to blue. You want people to know that you're better than them. That's not a good enough reason.
    So much this.. why does it effect you in any way shape or form? LFR is here to stay and it offers a gearing option for filler gear for raiders and a way to progress your character if you can not raid on a regular schedule. It is fine the way it is.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    This.

Other people's gear doesn't affect ANYONE unless you're grouped with them in which case you want them to have good gear. Really don't get the whole 'other people having stuff means I don't feel as good' mentality.

Right. And the people doing h-mode would not pull out if suddenly their gear got downgraded to just plain old normal.

Blizzard is just trying to please th different demographics, from LFR to H mode. Whatever mode you are doing, the gear you are getting is appropriate for that level, be it LFR or normal, or heroic or thunderlol.

Whatever mode it is you are doing, be pleased with what you get. Focus on your shit and let the others be.

Deleted
    Why not make epics epic again and give them out exclusively to Heroic raiders?

Seems just as reasonable as asking to make LFR gear blue. There's no good reason to do so.

Deleted
    The colour system is stupid anyway. Nothing uncommon about greens(pretty sure there are more green equipment than white), nothing rare about blues, nothing epic about purples. Orange is a bit legendary.
    Back to the question, yes I think some people would be pissed they weren't getting purple colour coded gear anymore, but then there are the people that know that the colour code is nothing important and it is the stats and how the gear look overall that actually counts

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I actually laughed when I saw this because I couldn't believe GC's response. I thought it was a decent idea. I'm personally sick of all the epic gear with the green subcategories on them like Raid Finder, Heroic, Elite, Thunderforged, etc. eliminating one of those doesn't seem like a terrible idea.
    You're "sick" of them? Why? And why should Raid Finder be the one that gets singled out? Sounds a little nitpicky. I think the tag system works well - I feel appropriately inferior with my Raid Finder tags and appropriately envious of my non-tagged, Heroic and Thunderforged counterparts, and that's what this is all about isn't it?

Yeah I agree.

Already stated I think it's stupid but...

Think this way, would you even DO ToT LFR if MSV/HoF/ToE dropped better loot and is easier? After the first tier you're negating LFR completely. If people want blues, they do heroics. When you enter a raid enviroment the reward should be epic.
    Bleh

Not that I necessarily agree that people will quit because it's blue instead of purple, but I do think that having that color change gives people a sense that they have made it to that next "step". It may just be a "placebo" but it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of changing LFR gear to blue.

However I would be OK with it if you change LFR gear to green instead, and Normal raid blue, HC purple. Will you be OK with this?

If the gear were an upgrade over whatever is available through heroic 5's, and allowed me to continue doing new lfr wings as they open, I'd be perfectly happy with it dropping blues. I'm transmogging it all anyhow.

*shrug*

If you want prestigious gear people, try and get a spot on a good raiding team for epics with the "heroic" tag on them. There is always a better guild you can try to join for better and more special snowflake gear.

If you are in 530+ gear and you still feel like LFR "epics" with a "raid finder" tag on them stole your thunder, I truly feel sorry for you.