Wlogs, uploading just kills?

Hey,

Just wondering if there is any somewhat easy way to split out kills of your log files and just upload the kills and not the wipes? I know I can open the log file in a text editor and take it out manually but imo it takes too much effort. Is there any other way to do this?

doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of logs?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of logs?
    but epeen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Let me put it this way - I want private logs, but I want the kills to be public to make the guild more appealing when recruiting. So in other words, show the kills and hide the wipes and as far as I know, there isn't such a feature so I thought about splitting out the kills and upload them to a public guild on wlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Let me put it this way - I want private logs, but I want the kills to be public to make the guild more appealing when recruiting. So in other words, show the kills and hide the wipes and as far as I know, there isn't such a feature so I thought about splitting out the kills and upload them to a public guild on wlogs.
    watching a guild progress and learn from their wipes in their logs is something i've looked for in guilds in the past. showing just your kills, and not your learning progress is not a very good way to represent yourself to potential recruits.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    watching a guild progress and learn from their wipes in their logs is something i've looked for in guilds in the past. showing just your kills, and not your learning progress is not a very good way to represent yourself to potential recruits.
    Thanks for the advice but there are several reason behind me wanting to do this, not just advertising the guild.

Do you know how to do this without splitting the text file manually in a text editor? Yes/No?

Do you know how to do this without splitting the text file manually in a text editor? Yes/No?
    Write a program to split the text file for you. But honestly this seems pretty shady if you upload the doctored logs to any ranking site.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Write a program to split the text file for you. But honestly this seems pretty shady if you upload the doctored logs to any ranking site.
    How? I just split the file manually instead of the program doing it for me.

Remember what time interval the kills were, split the log according to those time intervals, copy and paste the kills into 1 log and upload.

So you're basically going to advertise that you guild never wipes and then recruit people in to wipefest? Sounds like a great plan to find good players... *cough*

Logs will be looking mighty interesting with you taking huge 'breaks' before each boss. And don't forget to manually delete deaths and standing in void zones on actual kills, perfect execution is all that matters!

You can cut/paste into another file and pluck out the data you want. Still seems kind of silly if not deceptive doing so. Progression = wiping. The more I learn how to sift through my parses the better I become at learning from our wipes, resulting in boss kills coming quicker. If you're logging your fights as some sort of ego stroke maneuver, it's no wonder you're having issues recruiting...

If you;re good enough, WoL should only be used to see if you ranked or not.

Thanks for the advice but there are several reason behind me wanting to do this, not just advertising the guild.

so why didn't you give those reasons instead of just the recruitment reason?

fundamentally logs are not for epeen, logs are to allow you to measure and quantify successful and unsuccessful events so you can modify your strategies accordingly.