Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly, depends on your line up, if you're going 0-1 melee you can easily go with haste->mastery and even spec PE for reinforce in p2, if you're going 2 melee and if your raids ranged burst is "lowish" I'd go with mastery->haste and EB (As I did on progress).
    Last edited by Ellger; 2013-06-07 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    Honestly, depends on your line up, if you're going 0-1 melee you can easily go with haste->mastery and even spec PE for reinforce in p2, if you're going 2 melee and if your raids ranged burst is "lowish" I'd go with mastery->haste and EB (As I did on progress).
    Does your Mastery/Haste outweight Int as pure stat?

It didn't used to but it does since 5.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    It didn't used to but it does since 5.3.
    Its Int (5.39) > Haste (3.09) ~= Mastery (2.95) > Crit (2.23) for me (with finally 530 ilvl and Cha-Yes/Hydra) hmmm

Figured I could give my 2 cents : I went haste>mastery and it ended up being pretty decent (especially since I used Healing Rain on CD during phase 2).
    Here's the report (I'm Exo) but as you can see I play in a 25m guild so things might be different in 10m. I understand why you'd want to go for mastery>haste but it really falls down to whether or not you have the DPS to kill the orbs in time. If you do and even have some margin of error then go for haste, if you don't stick to mastery (although it's still random and doesn't boost HR).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Figured I could give my 2 cents : I went haste>mastery and it ended up being pretty decent (especially since I used Healing Rain on CD during phase 2).
    Here's the report (I'm Exo) but as you can see I play in a 25m guild so things might be different in 10m. I understand why you'd want to go for mastery>haste but it really falls down to whether or not you have the DPS to kill the orbs in time. If you do and even have some margin of error then go for haste, if you don't stick to mastery (although it's still random and doesn't boost HR).
    Alright, thanks. What glyphs and talents did you use - couldnt figure it out from the logs, since its french ^^

Come on, french is not that hard ! :P

I was using Lightning Shield (uptime 10% but imo it's great for P2), Flame Shock and Thunder if I remember correctly (we bump the Crackling thingy).
    Talents : Nature's Guardian (OP as fuck in P2), Ancestral Guidance (I really wanted to take Conductivity for a change but we killed him the first time we hit P2).., Echo, EB
    Last edited by Recom; 2013-06-09 at 12:23 PM.

Healing rain get's an extra tick at 10118 haste, anything over that doesn't directly affect healing rain (Other then the actual cast being bit faster of course).
    About the glyphs, lightning shield is a must, if you'll be doing healing rain and healing stream totem on CD in p2 (which you should be), go for HST glyph, if you'll be knocking the adds (which you should be) go for thunderstorm glyph and if someone else is knocking them go for flame shock glyph.
    Go for Guidance, HTT is rather weak and Conductivity is just horrible for elemental right now.
    Last edited by Ellger; 2013-06-08 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just skimmed through the first page, not gonna bother to read all four pages but I figured I'd drop my input into the conversation as I'm in a 9/13H, should easily have 10 on Sun, raid as Ele. I disagree completely that this is a bad tier for Ele first off, and our QOL has never been higher.

The OP's question was about Primordius so I can start there with my last kill's logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...=6737#Arctorus

We're incredibly good at cleaving down the adds quickly without having to sacrifice someone to bitch duty (what we call add management on that fight). I spend 90% of the fight on the boss, but when I see a group of 4-5 adds clumped up behind the boss I switch off and CL them down in 2-3 seconds flat. Healer's call out they need stacks in 20-30 seconds and I put a little extra effort into watching for clumps and bam. I can feed the whole raid with buffs that are right next to the boss and having a dot class throw some dots out here and there only sets me up for the dunk.

Since the conversation devolved into Ele bashing in this tier, I'd like to address that too. The only two fights I've struggled with are Tortos and Council till I figured out how to maximize my Ele potential given the mechanics. I cheesed out a high rank on Tortos by burning down bats with CL in between turtle phases, but the key to that fight is maximizing dps uptime during turtle buffs on the boss. I have no problem at all being 2-3rd on dps for that fight now. Council I struggled with till I started multi-dotting my flame shock and dropping CL glyph for some hawt secondary/tertiary CL action. Otherwise I have pretty decent ranks on most of the bosses in ToT and have had a great experience with this tier. H Durumu and H Ji-kun are obviously bread and butter. I think I still have a top 20 rank for Ji-kun from some key feather management and when we get Durumu down tomorrow we'll see how I stack up against the community on that one.

As with any class, it's all about optimizing our strengths and compensating for our weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctorus View Post
    Since the conversation devolved into Ele bashing in this tier, I'd like to address that too. The only two fights I've struggled with are Tortos and Council till I figured out how to maximize my Ele potential given the mechanics. I cheesed out a high rank on Tortos by burning down bats with CL in between turtle phases, but the key to that fight is maximizing dps uptime during turtle buffs on the boss. I have no problem at all being 2-3rd on dps for that fight now. Council I struggled with till I started multi-dotting my flame shock and dropping CL glyph for some hawt secondary/tertiary CL action. Otherwise I have pretty decent ranks on most of the bosses in ToT and have had a great experience with this tier. H Durumu and H Ji-kun are obviously bread and butter. I think I still have a top 20 rank for Ji-kun from some key feather management and when we get Durumu down tomorrow we'll see how I stack up against the community on that one.

As with any class, it's all about optimizing our strengths and compensating for our weaknesses.
    No offence, but that's a wildly different circumstance. You're talking about cheesing out high ranks - which is AFTER your boss is on farm, and probably also after your other DPS (and ESPECIALLY multidotters) have high gear.

The bashing is often true on progression where many guilds are just barely making DPS checks. As an example from a couple weeks ago, although we've had HM Tortos on farm several weeks, we were bringing in several undergeared guildies to help them get the kill. I was turtle duty with a undergeared shadow priest and hunter. We were barely killing turtles before each wave and eventually got overwhelmed. We wiped 15 times (usually its a 1-2 shot).

Things changed when our 529 boomkin was brought in to help me. He multidotted the turtles, making it so they were all dying within 1 flame shock. Without the boomkin, my DPS was trash at 110K DPS because of the target switching issues. After he came in, it was almost 160K. And this was with BARELY chain lightning (got like 2-3 casts off at most). The only logged shaman I see who is mostly single targeting is doing 180K in 532 gear and a 549 staff. So that says alot. Rest are CL spammers.

TLDR: Bashing is often true. Getting high ranks on whatever boss after having it on farm and guild is geared is easy stuff. Progression where you barely make checks is what we're talking about. Nothing to do with optimizing strengths or what. It's just a bad fight for Elemental overall.

That being said, H Prim works well if your RL lets you cleave the adds and help the raid get buffs.
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2013-06-09 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Ra-down.

/10chars.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-06-09 at 08:17 PM.