Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Step 1, collect buffs

Step 2, Use everything and go bananas to boss (rinse and repeat every 2 mins)

Step 3, do decent DPS

Step 4, be satisfied with perfomance and dont make useless threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowl View Post
    all right then, well first off logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/21...alendar/04-13/
    Videos (not from my pov, but if someone would be interested then here they are i guess: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeTm76mj_eNNCa8gJzGmrPQ

So, a few tips on how i see the fights and how i see elemental being utilized on the fights (this is all my opinions and it's all form 10 man pov):

Jin'rokh: there's not too much special stuff to do toher than use your CD's in the pools, including elementals, it's pretty straightforward fight.

Horridon: Chain lightning is obvs. super strong here, ranged interrupt is godlike, especially because you can use it to knock back the direhorn without having to waste a GCD, grounding totem for the flame casters on the 4th gate if you have the aggro of them, decursing people on the 4th gate.

Council of elders: As i said i was benched for this fight, but thunderstorm is a really strong spell for this because of twisted fate, also if the loa gets a bit too close, ancestral guidance is super healing CD for the intense phases, especially if stacked with ascendance, placing down healing reign for kaz'rajin when people are stacked, healing stream totem for the healing and 10% dmg reduction, ranged interrupt for sul/marli, generally strong cleave, especially if you have the 4 set.

Tortos: Well unless you're on bats you're gonna have a bad time really, atleast i had, but if you are on bats tho, your dps will pretty much skyrocket.

Megeara: Ancestral guidance is again uber duper strong, glyphed healing stream, shamanistic rage is up for al rampages drastically reducing the dmg you take on that fight, add management. what we'd do was our warrior would aggro the adds, and stun the first wave, on the 2nd rotations of heads i'd wait for the 2nd span location and move my capacitatior there while the warrior stacked all the adds there, then just CL rape them, worked very well.

Ji'kun: Other than CL being insane for the platforms, and our Cd's aligning very well with the buffs, there's not much to say imo.

Durumu: ice walls? yes, we are obvs. insane for the icewalls, but what was even strong was that for the 2nd and 3rd beam phase, i'd try to make sure there was a wall up still, then when the raid got into a bit of trouble i'd pop AG and just spam CL, doing insane amounts of healing, i'd basically keep the raid alive alone for those 10 secs.

Primordius: it's quite a tricky fight, but CL is very strong for getting down a few extra pools, multidotting the big add with FS for the extra lavasurge procs works very well, again AG for when shit hits the fan, not too much to say, shamsn can work, but yeah, we are deffo not the strongest on this fight.

Dark Animus: Ancestral guidance + all CD's in the start to stabilise the healing was priceless if you ask me, also glyphed HST for the jolts, shamanistic rage priceless on this fight for both swap and jolts, and in the start there's alot of potential for 3-4x FS application making the proc streaks on LvB so insane and can keep you on par with other classes boss dmg.

Iron Qon: not much to say, free loot tbh. freedom totem when the 3rd dog uses the spear for the people who gets a stack or two, else not really much other than clever use of AG, maybe some healing rains towards the end if your healers are struggling.

Twins: FS eerything that moes in p3, no point aoe'ing the little adds with CL, they will die from other stuff and can be used for multidotting for procs, all that really matters here are boss, dmg, again 2x PE earth elemental for the defensive CD + shamanistic rage makes for good survivability, AG again since the dmg usually comes in bursts on this fight, multidotting FS in the last phase maybe? not sure really, elemental is not amazing for this fight, but we are just as good as anyone else really.

Lei shen: Surprisingly enough i'd rank Elemental as one of the best dps classes for this fight, and that's simply because of AG, AG is so insane for when the balls of lightning spawns, the healing you do is mental, espcially for the last phase, there is the con that we can't solo soak tho, but there are ways to work around that, such as im always on a platform with 3 people in the first transition, and in the 2nd one im on one with 6 people, on this platform we always get the diffusion add tho because on the other 2 platforms are only people who counts as melee and therefore can't spawn diffusion adds, (MW monk, tank monk, prot pala and rogue). Glyphed HST is pretty sick for the last phase where pretty much everything is affected by the glyphed HST.

now this i just my pov and opinion on the fights. so interpret it as you will -
    you can solo soak (10 man) if u pop SR and AS. spec PE and u get additional reduction. Furthermore if you have hst with glyph u pretty much don't take dmg

Let me start of by saying that I've been elemental since Kara back in TBC, Within top 50 during TBC, Wotlk, T11 of Cata, and now again, MoP, so I do have a clue on how elemental was doing trough all those years.
    I honestly think that elemental has never performed as well it is now in Throne of Thunder, in 10 mans at least, can't comment on how Ele is doing in 25 mans since I haven't touched 25 mans since Cata. We just need couple of tweaks and we'll be just perfect.
    We got hands down the strongest 4-5 target consistent aoe in the game, AMAZING utility (HR,glyphed HST, AG, Stormlash), our single target is fine, altho heavily rng oriented, it's fine in most cases, Only thing we're horrible at is constant switching and quickly nuking adds (Again, if rng is on our side it's fine, if not we're horrible at it).
    This tier there is are 2 fights where elementals are weak, Primordius and Council. Apart from those 2 fights, we're doing really good.
    There is 1 obvious thing A LOT of people apparently, don't understand, hybrids are NOT all about personal dps, hybrids are about utility, and utility is where elemental is amazing. Sure, on most fights, we are behind in pure damage done(Not by a lot tho), but we more then compensate for it with healing and additional raid dmg trough stormlash.
    Also a thing to remember, logs are mostly unrealistic when comparing classes, for instance, you can see warlocks just dominating rankings on Magera and Animus, while tons of that damage done is padded trough dotting the "non-focus" head or massive golems, which results in amazing numbers, which are pointless since they add no ral benefit to the raid.
    It's all about the numbers you're pulling during the progression, within your own raid, that's when numbers actually matter, and I must admit, I am really satisfied how my numbers were on pretty much every fight this tier.

Just did primordius tonight - helm dropped but not thunderforged fml.

As people have been saying in the thread its all about what role you choose to do - I chose to dps down the viscous horrors - practically soloing them with the tanks + boomkin dots.

This enabled the other classes eg. mage, warlock, boomkin to dot up the viscous and focus more on the boss. Didn't even bother to kill the living fluids with chain lightning since our destruction warlock was taking care of that with rain of fire + fire and brimstone.

Combined Primordius + Viscious horror damage

Fire Mage - 53.3 million + 1.3 million = 54.6 million
    Destruction Warlock - 43.5 million + 6.2 million = 49.7 million
    Boomkin - 32.1 million + 8.5 million = 40.6 million
    Unholy Death Knight - 32.1 million + 2.9 million = 34.1 million
    Elemental Shaman - 21.2 million + 20.1 million = 40.3 million

I will re-iterate what has already been said here, Primordius Heroic depends greatly on what your job is. I was assigned to small bloods for most of our kill and was beat everyone but our destro lock (ofc). This was our first kill and we got it after 5 attempts. I will say this, we never bench anyone, as we have only 10 people in our roster, although we will sub people in if connection issues arise for normal farm bosses. Cant post links but but we're PRAISE RALF THE DEER IS BACK on US-Norgannon.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Just did primordius tonight - helm dropped but not thunderforged fml.

As people have been saying in the thread its all about what role you choose to do - I chose to dps down the viscous horrors - practically soloing them with the tanks + boomkin dots.

This enabled the other classes eg. mage, warlock, boomkin to dot up the viscous and focus more on the boss. Didn't even bother to kill the living fluids with chain lightning since our destruction warlock was taking care of that with rain of fire + fire and brimstone.

Combined Primordius + Viscious horror damage

Fire Mage - 53.3 million + 1.3 million = 54.6 million
    Destruction Warlock - 43.5 million + 6.2 million = 49.7 million
    Boomkin - 32.1 million + 8.5 million = 40.6 million
    Unholy Death Knight - 32.1 million + 2.9 million = 34.1 million
    Elemental Shaman - 21.2 million + 20.1 million = 40.3 million

So would you say its better for ele shaman to just get 4 buffs and not mutate?

And when were the best times to pop Ascendance/CDs since you're not DPSing boss at all?

elemental can do primordius now, i can easily pull 190k dps there on the boss, probably over 200k with good buffs instead of +5% stats. with the changes to lava burst hitting harder and not getting GCD capped, and lava surge being more powerful we're not so bad there.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    elemental can do primordius now, i can easily pull 190k dps there on the boss, probably over 200k with good buffs instead of +5% stats. with the changes to lava burst hitting harder and not getting GCD capped, and lava surge being more powerful we're not so bad there.
    So would you (or any other Eles who've done Heroic Primordius) say that we should do it like every caster - get to 5 stacks>ascendance>DPS Prim - OR should we do what others suggest and just spend the whole fight spamming CL? My Guild's doing H prim this week, any advice appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    So would you (or any other Eles who've done Heroic Primordius) say that we should do it like every caster - get to 5 stacks>ascendance>DPS Prim - OR should we do what others suggest and just spend the whole fight spamming CL? My Guild's doing H prim this week, any advice appreciated!!!
    with the gear upgrades etc, the multidotters and tanks can easily handle the fluids + horrors, elemental should just be a single target dps playing like any rogue or warrior would maxing damage on the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    with the gear upgrades etc, the multidotters and tanks can easily handle the fluids + horrors, elemental should just be a single target dps playing like any rogue or warrior would maxing damage on the boss
    Cheers! Appreciate it. How much damage did you do, especially compared to your raid?

Cheers! Appreciate it. How much damage did you do, especially compared to your raid?
    was about 170k with no haste buffs on the 2nd and 3rd mutation which was awful, also i died because we was just pushing the boss and i got volatile pathogen which is like, pop uber CDs or fuck you when the boss is 7% hp.... think i was 9th on dps, but with less sucky buffs and no pathogen rng i should of been 190k and 6-7th (25man)

Killed Heroic 10 last week. Had myself, a rogue & a moonkin focusing on boss DPS with 3 mutates, while a Lock/Spriest combo handled add duty. Worked quite well, although my mutate uptime was slightly lower than the other two.

Extra trick: use ascendance as soon as you're killing fluids for your first mutate if you have 4pc. It'll be back up before your mutate fades. Might also be better suited to UF rather than PE with the Fire Ele AI "issues" & constant movement.

I've found I can get two ascendance in during the first mutate, by popping as soon as your mutated it was coming back up with about 15 seconds left on mutation. The very end of my ascendance wasn't mutated but the majority 12+ seconds was.

I did this fight as Ele, and I took it to my job to make sure the big blog died, and as long as there were mobs near the big blob, I would CL off of him. As soon as the boss got low enough to where we never needed another mutation, we just switched onto the boss and killed him. Not a hard fight and I still pulled decent numbers. Not the best but still okay in terms of what we have for this fight.

And I don't know what you mean Ele is not competitive on single target fights. I am consistently in top 3 of the 5-6 dps we run in every fight. We are currently working on H Lei Shen, and in P1 I am consistently pulling 200k+ before the first transition.

This topic was started before our single target buffs when we did really suck.

Coming from a 12/13HM person my suggestion for MAXIMUM DPS You would do what you said but when Ascendance drops just spam chain lightning as long as you hit 3+ bloods and make sure you're always transformed

11/13HM in 25 here.. multiple top 5 ranks (I'm a pad-a-tron). Yeah, you can "look" good on your meters a lot of ways.

CL on Primordius when your many, many locks and spriests and boomkin are either non existent or playing bad.
    CL on Horridon for first door, partially second door, PEW PEW dat boss at 3+ door. If you see a bunch of adds all stacked and pretty with lots of HP? CL!

But seriously. This isn't about what your meters say on progression. It's about what you're doing that is actually useful. Our single target is nothing to scoff at, we just can't pad very well. TBH I find that the only fights we are weak on single target wise are Tortos and Council. I'm constantly in top 5 (managed to top on H Animus) for single target on the boss if that is the actual goal. Our other ele shaman is either right on my butt or better.

On H primordius especially, if the problem is boss dps then you have the tools to do boss dps. If the problem is add dps, you have the tools to do add dps. Just can't normally do both effectively.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4e...s=9597&e=10032

This was our most recent H primordius... and my main focus was boss DPS, until I realized I was getting ridiculous amounts of Keen Eyes (crit buff) and did a bit of stacked add love, but my boss damage was very respectable.

Just gonna feedback that we killed him tonight for the first time so that was awesome Got a 50something rank in WOL.

The team played to my strengths and basically put me on Viscous and living fluids where Chain lightning could be used to greatest effect. Basically it hinged on me CL'ing the adds down (as well as DPSing the big add) down fast enough so my team members could get buffs ASAP. I did not even bother picking up buffs as I have 0 time on boss. Whole fight was just blowing up big add during ascendance phases, and using CL off it. Suggest you have 1-2 other DPS help you out a bit on the main add as Ele Single target isn't that great outside ascendance.

Also, Ancestral Guidance is fantastic for healing CDs cos with CL + AG = massive healing.

I used Eleblast as you still need some consistent DPS on the big add. Primal ele not so good.

Deleted
    Going for Ra-den Sunday, and since Ryuke and Eruptor used different builds for him, I've got some questions.

Eruptor (Mastery >/= Haste) and
    Ryuke (Haste > Mastery)

Now I dont have such high ilvl (still at 525, yay drop fucking luck) and I'm not sure which build would be more viable for such a boss like Ra-den. Totemspot mentions 3 possible builds for 5.3, where the mastery one is considered the bursty one. I still have the (upgraded) DMF and Shado-pan VP trinket, no 600 ilvl cloak but 4pc and legendary meta gem.

What would you advice?