Boomy reforge question

Hey guys, So I have looked at some of the top ranked boomkins out there, and I see 2 main different systems of reforging. and just want your thoughts. I see a mainly haste reforge to get the cap, or an all out crit reforge. In my mind, all crit all the time sounds like th best way to go. More procs, and one extra tick in pvp doesn't really seem that amazing to me, I mean at most a MF tick is what 13k and SF about the same? or I can get a proc for a 60-90k starsurg...seems like a simple choice in my book. But this is the first season I have ever not played feral...so any insight would be lovely...thanks

I do mainly RBG's so I went Crit>Mastery>Haste, however if you do arenas I think you could argue that you'll want the first haste cap for faster clones.
    Last edited by Chopstix22; 2013-05-03 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit crit crit. Nothing compares to it.

yeah chopstix I see your point. I should have specified, i'm for RBG's only, I only arena on occasion, but mainly rbgs. nothing beas dotting up 4 or 5 people and getting 3 or 4 procs in row

To beat a dead horse. You want as much crit as you can get for RBG's. I love being on offense and dotting the entire team and sniping people with procs.

anyone else think it would be sweet if it could stack procs? lol save up like 3 or 4 starsurges....deadly...just a fun thought

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    anyone else think it would be sweet if it could stack procs? lol save up like 3 or 4 starsurges....deadly...just a fun thought
    It would be mindlessly overpowered, but incredibly fun... I like it. How much would I have to pay Holinka to push that change through?

OT: For this entire season I've been reforging this:
    • Hit Cap > Haste Breakpoint (5312 or something I think) > Crit > Mastery > Haste Excess

Now i've finally got round to swapping all my haste/spirit resto gear for Boomkin gear, I'm finding it harder and harder to get the breakpoint. I'm probably going to end up going full crit though, reforging out of all my haste and going crit/mastery. Something like this:
    • Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I'm not sure what the Math is, but I think if you could get (or get close) to 5.3k haste without reforging any crit, do it. If you need to drop 0.5%+ crit, i'd probably stick crit.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-05-04 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It would be mindlessly overpowered, but incredibly fun... I like it. How much would I have to pay Holinka to push that change through?

OT: For this entire season I've been reforging this:
    • Hit Cap > Haste Breakpoint (5312 or something I think) > Crit > Mastery > Haste Excess

Now i've finally got round to swapping all my haste/spirit resto gear for Boomkin gear, I'm finding it harder and harder to get the breakpoint. I'm probably going to end up going full crit though, reforging out of all my haste and going crit/mastery. Something like this:
    • Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I'm not sure what the Math is, but I think if you could get (or get close) to 5.3k haste without reforging any crit, do it. If you need to drop 0.5%+ crit, i'd probably stick crit.
    yeah last time I was working on reforging, I couldn't make the breakpoint for haste, which is what brought this question on. But maybe once I get to all tyr pieces I can hit the breaking point, But even still IMO crit still seems like a better choice for RBG's cuz one tick for 13-20k doesn't seem too appealing to me, but I'm still a newb boomkin lol, might just switch back to feral 5.3 anyways lol...thnx for the advice tho guys

For RBGs, Crit all the way.

For Arena, it's a bit more discretionary, as you'll be using more utility and have more use for quicker cast speed. Crit's still your best offensive stat, but you can't count on just being Captain Multidot at all moments.