Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    And Russia is gone. And USA looks like a gold medal team, my god they played good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doubt Sweden can withstand Canada with all their NHL muppets who joined late.
    If I had to guess it might very well be a North American final this year
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    You were saying? 8-3 atm
    I still want USA to come in the top 3 but was hoping Russia would of pulled it up bit more then that.
    -K

Switzerland finally wins a quarters

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enroth is really keeping Sweden in this

edit: Did anyone see that knee on knee Edler on Staal? That was brutal, his leg is fucked
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-05-16 at 07:28 PM.

Ya I just saw that myself... I'll be surprised if he's not banned from the rest of the competition if Sweden pulls out a win. Didn't even try to avoid making it happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a fun game to watch, so much blonde hair in the crowd

Deleted
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDEN! So great!

Lol, wait, what? The winner determined by a SHOOTOUT? Not multiple overtimes?

That's really dumb, considering it's single elimination...really dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Lol, wait, what? The winner determined by a SHOOTOUT? Not multiple overtimes?

That's really dumb, considering it's single elimination...really dumb.
    I agree. It should be overtime untill someone gets a random goal. But, hey you just have to deal with it. I "knew" Sweden was going to win beacuse Smith was playing way to bad to win a shootout.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im very very surprised, with the ammount of NHL pros Canada had unlike Sweden (who's NHL teams didnt get eliminated this quickly in the Stanley Cup playoffs) they should have won.
    Canada with their impressive IIHF gold medal collection sucked and Sweden with its decimated troop kicked their asses.

GZ
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Shootouts are stupid.

Sweden has a pretty good team suddenly. I assume the Sedins showed up at the last minute? Canada had a pretty weak team this year and pretty much every year for the World Championships...what with the NHL Playoffs being at the exact same time almost every year. So that's 16 (now 8) teams with a very very large bulk of what is likely considered the "better Canadian players."

Grats Sweden and Switzerland this year and even Slovenia.

Truthfully if you wanted a proper World Championship it needs to be held in the summer. So the teams like Canada/Russia/USA aren't stuck sending the B-team every year.

Then there was Edler...
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-05-16 at 11:13 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Joel is my favorite out of the lot, he is all heart and hard work and I love him for it, plays for the best team in Sweden to *wink*

Suprised we managed to win tbh, I havn't watch it all but what I have seen has been quite mediocre.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Shootouts are stupid.

Sweden has a pretty good team suddenly. I assume the Sedins showed up at the last minute? Canada had a pretty weak team this year and pretty much every year for the World Championships...what with the NHL Playoffs being at the exact same time almost every year. So that's 16 (now 8) teams with a very very large bulk of what is likely considered the "better Canadian players."

Grats Sweden and Switzerland this year and even Slovenia.

Truthfully if you wanted a proper World Championship it needs to be held in the summer. So the teams like Canada/Russia/USA aren't stuck sending the B-team every year.

Then there was Edler...
    Yea cause, Ottawa (Alfredsson , Zibanejad, Karlsson, Silfverberg), Detroit (Zetterberg, Kronwall, Fransson etc) is not still in the NHL playoffs? And not to forget, Lundqvist, He alone is worth more than the rest of the players for Canda, USA and Russia in NHL
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-05-16 at 11:27 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea cause, Ottawa (Alfredsson , Zibanejad, Karlsson, Silfverberg), Detroit (Zetterberg, Kronwall, Fransson etc) is not still in the NHL playoffs? And not to forget, Lundqvist, He alone is worth more than the rest of the players for Canda, USA and Russia in NHL
    Jonathon Quick is just as good a goalie as Hank and has a cup + conn smyth over him. Not saying Lundqvist isn't an extremely valuable goaltender but he's not worth anymore than Canada having Crosby (the best player in the world), Russia having Ovechkin, or USA having Quick. Once again Canada is plagued by not having that goalie who can just hold his ground. Enroth totally outplayed him and deserved the victory especially in the shootout. Not sure how you let a wind up slapshot in but regardless - was a fun game to watch. There's really no excuse for Canada to ever lose this tournament other than they don't exactly play with much intensity or heart. The most emotion you saw out of them in the tournament was when Girioux scored that goal to tie the game. Sweden wanted it more and got a huge goaltending performance out of Enroth to do so. You can field an allstar team but if they don't play the way you need to to win, you're not going to win.

How are shootouts more stupid than multiple overtimes? If anything, it's the other way around. :|

Also, I'd rather have Lundqvist than either Quick or Ovechkin. As far Quick having a stanley cup over him, Lundqvist has the olympic gold. That's kind of weighing heavier. Conn Smythe? Sure. He's got that. No doubt.
    Lundqvist also is a goaltender who's proven himself over the years and basically carried NYR into play-offs for several years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick is just as good as him is what I was saying. You can't go wrong with either guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Quick is just as good as him is what I was saying. You can't go wrong with either guy.
    Nope, Comparing Lundqvist to Quick is like comparing Lidstrom to Chara. Sure, Chara is a good, but lightyears away from Lidstrom

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Comparing Lundqvist to Quick is like comparing Lidstrom to Chara. Sure, Chara is a good, but lightyears away from Lidstrom
    You clearly haven't seen Quick play much then if you think he's lightyears off Lundqvist since he has the better achievements (Stanley Cup Champion / Conn Smyth > Vezina / Olympic Gold imo)

If...they all came over. The same could be said for:

Pittburgh: Crosby, Neal, Iginla, Dupuis, Letang, Fleury, Morrow, Sutter, Kunitz,
    Chicago: Toews, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith, Bolland
    Kings: Carter, Doughty
    Rangers: Clowe, Richards, Girardi, Del Zotto, Brassard, Pyatt
    Senators: Conacher, Kassian, Latendresse, Neil, Gryba, Methot, Phillips
    San Jose: Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, Stuart, Vlasic, Burns
    Boston: Bergeron, Horton, Seguin, Thornton, Lucic, Marchand, Kelly, Peverley
    Detroit: Cleary, Eaves, Coliacovo, Quincy

and then all the others who were in round 1...Getzlaf, Perry, Winnik, Cogliano, Fowler, Beauchemin, Allen...Setoguchi, Pominville...Perron, Steen, McDonald, Jackman, Pietrangelo, Elliott, Allen...Burrows, Raymond, Roy, Bieksa...Weber, Mason, Halischuk...Gallagher, Desharnais, Price, Bourque...Tavares, Moulson...Bozak, Kadri, Reimer, Macarthur, Lupul...Perrault, Holtby, Ribeiro, Green...etc.

Needless to say, for every 1 european player still in the playoffs or recently removed there are 4 or more top level Canadians who cannot participate either. My point isn't that "oooh if we had all our best it might have been different." I want all teams to have their best available, to make this event actually important. Team Canada was really nothing more than the Sochi tryouts team and the coinciding with the playoffs just makes the whole event as a whole, uninteresting.

Also shootouts are ridiculous because you are removing the team aspect from the decision and making it purely a 1 on 1 event. There's a reason the playoffs don't do it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.