Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sylvanas is not what I could ever refer to as a 'horde hero', that being a character who fights for the horde as one. she's all for taking help from the horde when it gives it, and expecting help given, like what happened with undercity, but otherwise, I've not seen a single thing she's done that is an heroic act for the sake of the horde, just herself or at a stretch the forsaken (whos only there as her personal army)
    No she is not agreed but she has her personal interests in Gilneas and other places near Lordaeron. She has spread her people all over Gilneas, Tirisfal, Silverine, Hilsbrad and even Western Plaguelands. She will not do it for Hordes sake she will do that for herself. She will finish what she has started. All these are almost contaminated with Undead plague (Although Hillsbrad is less dumped). All these lands are Slowly becoming forsaken lands and Alliance is losing grip on them. She will just finish it .
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    In times of war, Sylvanas will find great comfort in the knowledge that she has somewhere north to retreat to in case things go sour. What's more, Ghostlands is already burnt, so what more could an invading army do to it?
    well the appearance of ghostland might suit the forsaken, I really, really don't want to see there nasty, tim burton themed cartoon towers and comedy halloween special housing in ghostland. Its as bad as seeing those piss ugly black metal towers that orcs are meant to have adopted under Garrosh's rule, there ugly and soulless.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Nah, the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade would slaughter the Val'kyr and have Sylvie's head on a pike.
    Theres only small group of Argent Crusade there not anyone even powerful as she is and Ebon blade will be aside Argent Crusades dead bodies. But this time Really dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Nah, the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade would slaughter the Val'kyr and have Sylvie's head on a pike.
    Sorry what? The Argent Crusade are quite content sharing administration of Western Plaguelands with the Forsaken. The only reason the Argent Crusade would ever consider throwing there toys out of the pram at Sylvanas, is if she intervened in the Eastern Plaguelands. As for the Ebon Blade, they are almost non-existent. Most capable Death Knights from the blade joined the Ashen Verdict. The rest defend there fortifications in Icecrown and Eastern Plaguelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvie doesn't really fit into the whole Kalimdor rebellion theme. Neither did Theron, to be fair, but they dedicated a patch and a half to showing his race come into their own in regards to it.

Maybe Sylvanas will get a scenario in 5.4 to expel the Kor'kron from the UC; Kosak did mention that they want to do that if they have the time.

I would assume Blizzard's previous statement of the two organizations keeping a "close eye" on her would have some bearing on a hypothetical situation like this, which is why I don't think they can simply be dismissed from the idea.

And as far as their overall effectiveness goes, they were still strong enough to be the two driving forces in what was ultimately Arthas' downfall. Plus, you know. Ashbringer....

I like Sylvanas as a character, I really do. But I think you guys are really overreaching with the direction you think she is going. There is almost no chance she would start an open war against the Alliance after SoO. The Horde will be pretty weakened for a while afterwards, and even though the Alliance will lose a lot, it's already been said by Blizzard they will come out of this as a more unified force. Combine that with the Kirin Tor, Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade.. and I am pretty sure the Blood Elves would rebel against such acts as well.. Sylvanas wouldn't stand a chance, she'd be so utterly destroyed it wouldn't even be worth a story arc..

She might be venturing into the grey areas recently.. but she is really not being built up to be this "Lich Queen", not gonna happen.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I like Sylvanas as a character, I really do. But I think you guys are really overreaching with the direction you think she is going. There is almost no chance she would start an open war against the Alliance after SoO. The Horde will be pretty weakened for a while afterwards, and even though the Alliance will lose a lot, it's already been said by Blizzard they will come out of this as a more unified force. Combine that with the Kirin Tor, Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade.. and I am pretty sure the Blood Elves would rebel against such acts as well.. Sylvanas wouldn't stand a chance, she'd be so utterly destroyed it wouldn't even be worth a story arc..

She might be venturing into the grey areas recently.. but she is really not being built up to be this "Lich Queen", not gonna happen.
    She wouldn't do battle after the siege, that's suicide. During it however, when the alliance forces are occupied, the alliance would more than happily surrender Gilneas over to the forsaken. With the Alliance fleet in Orgrimmar, Sylvanas will be almost un-opposed in the Eastern Kingdoms. They are the only race there with a sufficient navy. An attack on Stormwind harbour could devastate the city and almost force the alliance to surrender territory to her.

I don't know what some of you are smoking. What's wrong with a Queen wanting what's best for her people? She's content with being able to keep the ranks of the Forsaken. So what if she's raising Alliance soldiers to become Forsaken Horde, they're dead anyways. I personally despise Stormwind Humans for forsaking them and having the nerve to call them monstrosities. If in real life your family would die, yet they would somehow come back, would u be happy at a second chance or call them monsters? Same goes with Death Knights. They were given a second chance at life, even in undeath. Instead of embracing it Humans turned their backs on them.

Kosak has stated a few months ago that Sylvannas will have something to do with SoO. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I don't know what some of you are smoking. What's wrong with a Queen wanting what's best for her people? She's content with being able to keep the ranks of the Forsaken. So what if she's raising Alliance soldiers to become Forsaken Horde, they're dead anyways. I personally despise Stormwind Humans for forsaking them and having the nerve to call them monstrosities. If in real life your family would die, yet they would somehow come back, would u be happy at a second chance or call them monsters? Same goes with Death Knights. They were given a second chance at life, even in undeath. Instead of embracing it Humans turned their backs on them.

Kosak has stated a few months ago that Sylvannas will have something to do with SoO. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    For Lordaeron, brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post

No you have skipped one important thing. When they come back as Forsaken they lose every common sense and become totally new persons. Like Sylvanass, Lillan Voss or Every Death Knight in starting quest. So no if in real life anyone close to me died I wouldnt like to see them rotting living. Without chin or smelly. I prefer to grave them properly like normal Human. That what makes us humans. I would not like to see someone with same visuals but totally out of control and lost in his personality. insane to say in other words.

It would destroy me even more so no.

Cant you see she lost every relation with her Sister Vareesa and it will be same with Alleria when she returns. Sylvanas is left alone forever. But still she is my 2nd favorite Leader in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its as bad as seeing those piss ugly black metal towers that orcs are meant to have adopted under Garrosh's rule, there ugly and soulless.
    ugly as in very badass
    Since when are piles of rocks and metal and wood have any soul?

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:42 AM ----------

well the appearance of ghostland might suit the forsaken, I really, really don't want to see there nasty, tim burton themed cartoon towers and comedy halloween special housing in ghostland. .
    There new buildings are a hell of a lot better than the rundown leftovers of human buildings they previously used

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    . Sylvanas is left alone forever. .
    Hence the term Forsaken?
    Forsaken by the light, forsaken by the living, they only have each other.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never got the crazy love for Sylvanas, she's a walking corpse, but for some reason she's made to make any 14 year old oozz his pants at the sight of her. I'd think I like her more if she actually was a icky messed up corpse kinda thing. I just have hard time takin' her serious. I also think I missed out on where she got all this power from? Most of the faction leaders aren't demigods, nor is she.

Anyway! I did love the bits they did do with her. I've always loved how the forsaken is more or less on their own, and the alligence with the horde was just out of conviniences, so it just makes it better when she does her own thing instead of falling in line all the time. I think she also got cheated alittle when it came the the whole LK ordeal. So it'd only be fair to let her have a small hand atleast, in the SoO stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might not be of any significance, but the horde ships in one of the new scenarios are forsaken. I found that kinda interesting, as they could easily be orc ships or blood elf ships instead. Probably just reading too much into it :P

I really hope we get to see more of the forsaken though, I never seem to get enough of them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never got the crazy love for Sylvanas, she's a walking corpse, but for some reason she's made to make any 14 year old oozz his pants at the sight of her. I'd think I like her more if she actually was a icky messed up corpse kinda thing. I just have hard time takin' her serious.

Anyway! I did love the bits they did do with her. I've always loved how the forsaken is more or less on their own, and the alligence with the horde was just out of conviniences, so it just makes it better when she does her own thing instead of falling in line all the time. I think she also got cheated alittle when it came the the whole LK ordeal. So it'd only be fair to let her have a small hand atleast, in the SoO stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Garrosh is removed from the picture, she would have full use of the plague and Val'kyr, as well as any other in-humane acts of terror she has up her sleeve, to use to reclaim the entire kingdom of Lordearon. So why is there currently no sign of her?
    Because writing that is awkward. She's not a part of this panda-orc fable. I even doubt that Kor'kron will leave Undercity. That's "too much work".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Might not be of any significance, but the horde ships in one of the new scenarios are forsaken. I found that kinda interesting, as they could easily be orc ships or blood elf ships instead. Probably just reading too much into it :P

I really hope we get to see more of the forsaken though, I never seem to get enough of them.
    Nelves, Humans, Goblins, Forsaken and Blood Elves are the only factions to have navies. Human and Forsaken being the largest of those, so it's by default that Blizzard would pick these two for the Scenario, but still it's quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Because writing that is awkward. She's not a part of this panda-orc fable. I even doubt that Kor'kron will leave Undercity. That's "too much work".
    Kor'Kron will almost defiantly leave Orgrimmar following SoO, if not then Blizzard better have an excuse to leave them in there.
    Last edited by mmoc46ab0bd3b5; 2013-05-03 at 01:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kor'Kron will almost defiantly leave Orgrimmar following SoO, if not then Blizzard better have an excuse to leave them in there.
    "Not all Kor'kron were evil" - there, done. NPCs stay on place, a serious lore explanation is done, Blizzard-style.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nelves, Humans, Goblins, Forsaken and Blood Elves .
    you forgot Orcs mate, most of the Horde fleet is Orcish in design

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    "Not all Kor'kron were evil" - there, done. NPCs stay on place, a serious lore explanation is done, Blizzard-style.
    and also that the Kor'kron have been occupying Undercity since before Garrosh's time
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post

The forsaken navy is just dredged up human ships and those ships still can pack a wallop

The orcish ships seem to me to be just fast troop carriers not like those forsaken galleon that can carry a shit ton of cannons