10+ Year Old Account

I Don't Understand The 5.3 PvP Changes... Why?

The most PvPing I've done in MoP is through random BGs and those are just a cluster fuck.

From what I've seen so far on 5.3 changed regarding PvP:

- Resilience from gear is gone and everyone now has 65% as a base stat. However, resilience from gems will remain unaffected.
    - PvP power is taking a pretty hard nerf... It's like 256 down from 440 or something crazy like that.

As it stands in the randoms, geared and good healers are an absolute fucking nightmare to kill. Yes, there's CC, silences, etc, but it's never long enough to kill them unless you have a group coordinating them and focusing them down. The only healers I've seen downed easily were Mistweavers and that's when Life Cocoon isn't up.

My concerns with PvP at the moment:

- The amount of CC is out of control. Again, I only have random BG experience, but this is how it usually goes (just an example). A Paladin stuns you for 5 seconds, you trinket out of that, then from around the corner a DK stuns you but oh wait, there's more!!! Don't think that a fear and a movement impairing effect isn't near by.

Why in the world does every class in the game have so much Crowd Control now?

Monks in general are a dick class to play when they're played right. They have an ample amount of abilities to chase you down, keep you slowed, disarm you and generally rip you to shreds. I don't see many monks since according to some datamining sites only 5% of the population will even play one, but the good ones that I have seen rip my ass. Some of those Windwalkers, compared with their high burst+disarm+slows+interrupts are a nightmare.

HEALING

Healers are my main concern. Not only are they beyond broken in randoms right now unless an entire group is focusing them down and are they a complete nuisance to kill in lower level BGs which many people still enjoy, but 5.3 will make it far worse. They're gaining 65% resilience as a base stat, PvP power will be nerfed heavily so the damage being done to them will be lowered, etc.

As far as the PvP power nerf goes... is there even a point to PvP Gear now? It'll have... PvP Power on it, and that's it. Hell, people have been calling those PvE players, PvE heroes for years but now that everyone will be normalized at 496, PvP power will be nerfed and resilience will be 65% as a base, who will actively farm for all the PvP gear?

I just don't understand Blizzard sometimes.. between some of the decisions they've made for MoP and Diablo 3 in general... just wtf is going on with this company lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because no one wants every healing class to be a holy paladin in Wotlk in terms of never dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    Because no one wants every healing class to be a holy paladin in Wotlk in terms of never dying.
    I present to you, the current:
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid
    Or just about any other healing class/spec.

The only healer I've never seen have much of a problem being CCd to death is the Mistweaver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I present to you, the current:
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid
    Or just about any other healing class/spec.

The only healer I've never seen have much of a problem being CCd to death is the Mistweaver.
    lol yeah, I agree, it's too late, maybe that's why they are changing it now ?

play arena then get back to me with what you think is broken about this game.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Have you even played on the PTR? Healing is severely toned down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go play some BGs on the PTR, healing seems no worse or better then live. Yes damage output is down for most classes, but healing also got nerfed.

Largely through the BF change, but also the PvP power reduction.
    Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 45%, up from 30%.
    So instead of say a 100k heal its now a 78k heal after the BF nerf, then factor in the PvP Power change and its only like 70k.

However, resilience from gems will remain unaffected.
    No, Resilience from gems was cut in half.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-05 at 09:32 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.