Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I see what was wrong, thanks nitwit for your data. I apologize about my earlier post, I hadn't slept for 23 hours and was annoyed at everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man I swear if some of you guys manage to get unholy nerfed unjustly... that's really going to ruffle my feathers. I've been playing the spec since Wrath, and it hasn't been a top contender for dps for an entire tier since ICC. Leave it alone. If anything, considering how it suffers from scaling issues, those should be fixed somehow.

eh, GC tweeted about it. in response to one of our neighborhood MMO-C DK posters, actually.

"@NangzDK We're okay with Festerblight as a high risk moderate reward thing. There was a possibility it would be mandatory."

seems like the changes are more to put traditional more in line with festerblight, with festerblight still being higher dps if done right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Man I swear if some of you guys manage to get unholy nerfed unjustly... that's really going to ruffle my feathers. I've been playing the spec since Wrath, and it hasn't been a top contender for dps for an entire tier since ICC. Leave it alone. If anything, considering how it suffers from scaling issues, those should be fixed somehow.
    I share this sentiment, mainly played unholy since the arrival of the DK (apart from some frost tanking in wrath) and the whole "we'll do too much damage for a plate class" argument just worries me somewhat. Lets enjoy the spec for what it is - currently competitive due to some awesome trinket procs and encounter mechanics that award multi dotting.

Did you not play Unholy for Dragon Soul? Cause it was on top for that whole tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Did you not play Unholy for Dragon Soul? Cause it was on top for that whole tier.
    It was on top with madness weapon, else no.

15+ Year Old Account
    It also got beaten out by the time you got souldrinkers by masterfrost. So no, not the whole tier.

It also got beaten out by the time you got souldrinkers by masterfrost. So no, not the whole tier.
    No'kaleds were better.

But unholy was pretty decent at end of cata. The madness weapon made it even better but more prone to RNG gods. Not sure if they would make a weapon that powerful again.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    No'kaleds were better.

But unholy was pretty decent at end of cata. The madness weapon made it even better but more prone to RNG gods. Not sure if they would make a weapon that powerful again.
    They might, just so that ret paladins can be really happy for a bit; right before nerfing the weapon for ret only and crushing their spirits.

This whole thing just makes it feel like they are killing Frost instead of making it competitive. It is all part of their vision (artificially buff and nerf specs each exp in effect to influence the way we play the game).

To create perceived balance, Blizzard must artificially create imbalance every now and again.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    It was on top with madness weapon, else no.
    And Unholy FB sucks now without a trinket, so? o_O

Not really... you may want to go back and look at worldoflogs.

Looks like the other shoe fell as UH has 5% less STR come 5.3 now.

If that STR Nerf isn't just some tooltip update I might be going back Frost... And to think I only just started to get the hang of and enjoy unholy.

I think you are severely overestimating the effect of this strength nerf but if 5% strength is all that keeps you playing unholy....thats your own decision.

Unholy was only hurt by 1%, which ain't bad... but nobody played standard Unholy, right? Everybody was festerblight. If you're used to those numbers, this will be a huuuuuge nerf.

Pve wise, festerblight is getting gimped (like said by schizoide) and standard unholy won't notice is huge difference because of SS buff making weapon dmg more crucial and to compensate with less disease dmg and fester strike nerf.

pvp wise, necrotic strikes are being butt hurt..... so yay me?

Deleted
    Would be interested to see any detail on how the reduction in str affects frost v UH in 5.3. I've been playing frost, but was planning to switch over to UH shortly since it is so strong currently. I see it is a 1% nerf, but for comparisons sake, if anyone has any sort of updated simulation it would be appreciated (at work so haven't had a chance to really look around too much yet)

Saw this one coming from a mile away. Still unholy will be way ahead of frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say it's an undeserved nerf, a bit of a pity though, was nice being an outlier (atleast, as far as melee go)
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Saw this one coming from a mile away. Still unholy will be way ahead of frost.
    Mind explaining to me how?

Personally, I don't have the 2nd trinket I meet I use Festerblight so I've been 2h Frost and I still severely out DPS a number of people at my iLevel.

Whenever I play standard Unholy, I'm much lower than usual on damage, even when using Festerblight with the one trinket that works with it (Feather).

Frost isn't low, and IMO it's actually nearly matched with Unholy.

Or, somehow I'm the best Frost DK in the world, playing a broken spec, or everyone on my raid is simply awful (which, they're really not).

Sorry if I sound rude but I don't understand why so many people argue Frost is destroyed by Unholy. I can't know for certain until I get Primordius' trinket and test it, but you get the picture.

(I was being sarcastic with the whole best Frost DK by the way :P)
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2013-05-08 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.