Deleted

[Holy] Tortos 10 HC BIG problem

Hi guys, just started giving tries with Tortos and I'm having serious healing problems.

Don't have logs, but I can tell you that I'm doing 65-70k HPS in every try (tries bigger than 3 minutes), and I have seen kill videos in pala holy PoV's doing 100k+++++ HPS. We 2 heal the boss, and the resto druid makes about 110k...

I can understand that they have more ilvl than me (I'm 507 right now, with 2pc T15 bonus), but that's too much difference.
    One of the raiders of my group have another raid, and told me that the pally spam EF in that fight...

I can't just spam EF; it take to me about 6-7 seconds to have 3 holy power, and that's absolutely insufficient to build full shields.

Any tips? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated.

extra holy power only improves the direct heal of EF. you use 1HP EF's to blanket because the HoT is the same for 1, 2 or 3 hopo. you can stand on the boss and use crusader strike for extra HoPo if you aren't running 4t14 or for whatever other reason can't generate fast enough HoPo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    extra holy power only improves the direct heal of EF. you use 1HP EF's to blanket because the HoT is the same for 1, 2 or 3 hopo. you can stand on the boss and use crusader strike for extra HoPo if you aren't running 4t14 or for whatever other reason can't generate fast enough HoPo.
    That is false.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-03 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    Agreed (with Freia), the HoT also increases the more holy power you spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    That is false.
    Yep, it is false. However you want to be like a resto druid this fight and throw out 1 HoPo EFs to the dps and 3 HoPo EFs to the tanks.
    Look here at a WoL by one of the top pally parses: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vn4i4jr634qtwtbq. You can see he cast EF about every 6 to 10 sec. I would guess these would all be around 2 HoPo EF's.

Deleted
    Thanks you all for your answers, but I have another question now:

I thought of 1HoPo EF's when they told about "spam EF", but... the tick of a 1HoPo EF is how much? 5-6k? How can this be enough to build a 400k+ shield?

I'm missing something, that's for sure xD

Deleted
    Do you really need to heal that much, ie +100k each. Perhaps people are bad with personals on stomps and rockfall? We two heal + 1 tank and I do dont do more than ~90k at most neither does my co-healer. 110-120 mio total healing done, ~80 mio dmg taken on raid in a ~6min kill.

But if hps is your goal to stop the complaints then I recommend the following:
    - Focus on replacing all casted single target heals with radiance to maximize holy power (doesnt matter if it only hits one target). Divine lights on beacon target is okay aswell.
    - stand in melee range for SoI, more mana -> more holy power -> more insta casts -> more auto attacks -> more mana -> more holy power
    - Use holy prism on cd on boss
    - Crusader strike if you have globals
    - If tanks lose shield buff on stomps/snapping bite tell them to rethink their cds.
    - When bats are up you most likely will have to just suck it up and accept the hps loss it is to heal a tank.
    - Use your cds on cooldown (kinda bad for the purpose of killing the boss but gives good hps)

Worry about hps first then mana longeviety later -> aim to go oom in 4min and readjust your spell usage as you get closer to a kill and have proven your hps capabilities.
    Last edited by mmoc0db22cddcc; 2013-05-03 at 09:25 AM.

So first of all, this is a stupid fight to compare meters, because any healing that is done to a shield at full capacity (and is hence absorbed) counts as a full heal, even thought it contributes absolutely nothing to your raid. That is why monks top the HPS meters even if only a fraction of that massive 250k+ hps is actual, effective healing.

Quote Originally Posted by muglia View Post
    Focus on replacing all casted single target heals with radiance to maximize holy power (doesnt matter if it only hits one target). Divine lights on beacon target is okay aswell.
    Typically I do this, but I raid 25m of course, so it's a better idea there.

stand in melee range for SoI, more mana -> more holy power -> more insta casts -> more auto attacks -> more mana -> more holy power
    - Use holy prism on cd on boss
    Agreed, this should be done even if you aren't "trying to pad" it definitely helps kill the boss.

- Crusader strike if you have globals
    Worry about hps first then mana longeviety later -> aim to go oom in 4min and readjust your spell usage as you get closer to a kill and have proven your hps capabilities.
    To be honest I feel hps (considering it is overall hps) and mana longevity go hand in hand, at least that is my experience. (If you are bad at the latter and go oom early, you can kiss that rank goodbye.) Hence I recommend not crusader striking (it costs mana, gives HP, but does not give IH like Radiance / TOR does). Use melees because you can regen a lot of mana this way, more mana is always good, keep in mind more mana gives you not just more DL and HR but also the Holy Power associated with it.

Make sure you are using your mana regen (Divine Plea) after the rockfall phases are over, maximize your use of that, also make sure you're using other means of regen (divinity glyph, potion, on-use trinkets you may have) as much as possible.

Deleted
    @muglia

I think you kinda misunderstanded me here...

I'm not asking advice to top recount, just asking HOW TO HANDLE this boss in order to kill him. It doesn't matter if I do 20k HPS if that contributes to make Tortos die, but it DOES matter if doing 60-70k HPS is not enough to top shields on raid. If you tell me that 1HoPo EF is enough, OK, I'll try next Sunday and if it works, I'll come here to thank you all. But I've never said I needed ultra high HPS to feed my ego, as your words say -.-

Thanks for your advices, anyway.

@voidspark:

Yes, Divine Plea on CD after stalactite phase, mana trinket on CD to. What I've never done is mele the boss, due to more mele people = more stalactite areas = tank overwhelmed. To be honest, mana is not a problem for me, just shield staking ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tolthar View Post
    Yes, Divine Plea on CD after stalactite phase, mana trinket on CD to. What I've never done is mele the boss, due to more mele people = more stalactite areas = tank overwhelmed. To be honest, mana is not a problem for me, just shield staking ;D
    If mana isn't a problem, then HR more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    If mana isn't a problem, then HR more?

Yes, is an option. This, plus spam 1HP EF, as someone told above. Let's see on Sunday how's the end of the story

Deleted
    Okay, my mistake. I understood your post of you getting blamed or blaming your self for people dying since you do the lowest amount of healing, hence my advice regards artificially boosting healing.

Regarding crystal shield.. people dont need a full shield to survive, they need a decent shield and a personal cooldown. There's 45 seconds between each stomp which allows most classes/specs to have a minor or major cd active for each stomp and the following rockfall. There is literally nothing else to use them on.

I personally dont like 1HP EF as I find it a bad use of globals and my gear allows for more HR/DL. But you can try what feels best for you 1, 2 or 3 HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, my mistake. I understood your post of you getting blamed or blaming your self for people dying since you do the lowest amount of healing, hence my advice regards artificially boosting healing.

Regarding crystal shield.. people dont need a full shield to survive, they need a decent shield and a personal cooldown. There's 45 seconds between each stomp which allows most classes/specs to have a minor or major cd active for each stomp and the following rockfall. There is literally nothing else to use them on.

I personally dont like 1HP EF as I find it a bad use of globals and my gear allows for more HR/DL. But you can try what feels best for you 1, 2 or 3 HP.
    If you can get the shield 250+, maybe even less, you don't need a personal for stomp, unless you are a tank. Using a personal is nice because it can make it so stomp doesn't remove the shield, so you don't have to get a new one. But it really isn't a big deal as long as you go hit a crystal to get a new shield asap.

OP make sure your raid is always getting new shields when they lose it. There really shouldn't be an issue getting the shields close to max before stomp goes out unless your raid is constantly losing their shields to avoidable damage and/or not refreshing the shields when they are gone. Sometimes people forget and then wait until the last few seconds to get it, giving the healers little time to get the shields healed up.