Improve my dps!(Enha)

Log from yesterdays tortos: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=797&e=1254
    1. I was tunneling boss
    2. I was not using FET Glyph on this fight
    3. EM/PE Talents and Haste forges

My gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...renie/advanced

Im constantly last or almost last in every fight :S its quite bad, and i usually dont get in _ANY_ progress fights because for this.
    I changed this as my main like couple months ago, and im quite far from Lege Meta (3.4k/6k Test of Valor).

Is there something im doing wrong? or is it my gear?

edit: i also got Talisman of Bloodlust 522, but Valor trinket simmed better :S
    Last edited by Speks; 2013-05-03 at 03:08 AM.

1. I would recommend using Glyph of FET for every fight. Most of your DPS comes from your FET, with EM.
    2. Use Deft Vermilion Onyx, instead of Delicate Primordial Ruby.
    3. Enhance dps is very dependent on their gear. If you're not as geared as your other raiders, it could be a problem.
    With Tortos, you need to be on the adds to have good dps. You shouldn't tunnel the boss. What i do with that boss: Dps the boss til the Bats come out. Spread FS with LL. Use FN every CD. Go back to dpsing the boss. Rince and Repeat.
    With my guild i top dps 90% of the time, and i consistently rank. I raid in a 10man environment.

Wondering myself why your not Nova'ing the bats as well. Surely you could fine a few gaps in your CD's of normal abilities to fire off a few novas. Even if bats aren't your job, the cleave will most likely hit the boss.

Uptime on your Flame Shock is pretty low for someone tunneling the boss (almost 2mins without it). Are you timing your CD's just after an interrupt? Skinning isnt the best Profession for enhance dps either. Herbalism would be a quick and easy pick up and much better, something to think about.

Edit: Nevermind,I see you are only on Test of Valor.
    Last edited by Kayaan; 2013-05-03 at 12:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have players in your raid whose bat damage is higher and more bursty than yours, believe me you're not going to do very well. Yes, I am speaking from experience. In my raid, I have about enough time to get one FL/LL off before they're half dead. Maybe a fire nova. Never two. That fight is awful

@OP, better to compare with a fight like normal mode Durumu. This fight is single target focused and you can get a fair assessment of your dps. How does your raid's ilvl compare to yours?

Check your stat weights as well, I think you're likely too far undergeared to stack haste over agi.

I'm assuming you just don't have 4pc yet, not that you're avoiding it?

I see you're still reforging into hit in some cases. This implies that the hit cloak enchant is probably better than the crit one (may possibly give you more mastery/haste).

I noticed you have a very high uptime on unleash flame. I suspect this means you are not using it on all the flameshocks you could be. Generally speaking you want to reapply FS with UE every time. This has shown to be a DPS increase over not using the UE procs and potentially letting FS fall before you can reapply it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnoka View Post
    1. I would recommend using Glyph of FET for every fight. Most of your DPS comes from your FET, with EM.
    2. Use Deft Vermilion Onyx, instead of Delicate Primordial Ruby.
    3. Enhance dps is very dependent on their gear. If you're not as geared as your other raiders, it could be a problem.
    With Tortos, you need to be on the adds to have good dps. You shouldn't tunnel the boss. What i do with that boss: Dps the boss til the Bats come out. Spread FS with LL. Use FN every CD. Go back to dpsing the boss. Rince and Repeat.
    With my guild i top dps 90% of the time, and i consistently rank. I raid in a 10man environment.
    1. No no no. Fight length is what matters here. This was simmed out and proven to be a DPS loss even with CD stacking on fight lengths that support more FE uptime without the glyph. 3-5:10 minute fights, use glyph. 9-10:20 fights use the glyph. Otherwise unglyph. This is only a general rule. For example Ji-kun, you aren't on the platform for a minute at a time so regardless of fight length you want to glyph. Lines up better with the feed. When dealing with dps buffs for the ele, you can just treat the buffs as duration increases but will require some mathing for some stuff.

2. Again I'm going to say this is probably wrong. He has 1 RPPM trinket. Even with 2 RPPM trinkets my sim wasn't ready to support haste over agi. Need to sim here to see what is true (but going to guess agi > haste at this point).
    Last edited by Ryethe; 2013-05-03 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    2. Again I'm going to say this is probably wrong. He has 1 RPPM trinket. Even with 2 RPPM trinkets my sim wasn't ready to support haste over agi. Need to sim here to see what is true (but going to guess agi > haste at this point).
    I have 2 RPPM trinkets and the meta gem and agility is still simming way more valuable than haste

I love heroic Tortos, we kite the bats and I get to kickback and tunnel his ass.. er his front I guess. So for me this is a patchwerk style fight that just involves moving left to right a lot (make sure you use a targetlasttarget macro on the crystals though)

Wish I could link my logs but my guilds are private. I run with EM/PE, haste build. Last kill I did on heroic 25 man was:

191463.0 dps with an up time of 99.2% - did not touch the adds and I played pretty averagely that night.

(to AOE is a dps loss - we suck so bad at aoe not to mention it's clunky compared to others so my RL puts my single target strengths to good use on a fight by fight basis.)

Anyway we have sameish gear levels, but you have two better weapons than I do and very likely a better ping, but I do have 2 RPPM trinkets and four piece.

I had a glance at your logs, you didn't pre pot, obviously this isn't why you're doing bad dps but it shows lack of commitment to BE the best.

A few things I can think of that some enhance shamans do and that is to hard cast LB's at 3-4 stacks, this is fine during ascendance, otherwise - don't.

For an edge you're going to want to at least drop skinning for engineering or if you can't go without a gathering prof go with herbalism for the haste buff.

Tauren have no PVE advantage you're better going orc or troll. Panda is good too if you can manage to stay alive and not lose the double food buff

But if you're going to take advice from anyone in this thread I'd probably listen to Ryethe
    Last edited by xap; 2013-05-05 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    1. No no no. Fight length is what matters here. This was simmed out and proven to be a DPS loss even with CD stacking on fight lengths that support more FE uptime without the glyph. 3-5:10 minute fights, use glyph. 9-10:20 fights use the glyph. Otherwise unglyph. This is only a general rule. For example Ji-kun, you aren't on the platform for a minute at a time so regardless of fight length you want to glyph. Lines up better with the feed. When dealing with dps buffs for the ele, you can just treat the buffs as duration increases but will require some mathing for some stuff.
    This makes perfect sense, to me, but how are you supposed to pin down fight length? The only thing I can see, is to look at how your group did, last week, or last attempt, and make a best-guess judgment call.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    This makes perfect sense, to me, but how are you supposed to pin down fight length? The only thing I can see, is to look at how your group did, last week, or last attempt, and make a best-guess judgment call.

First take a look at the enrage timer, then you've got your basis, after that check out how long other similar guilds have taken with the kill depending on what your raid size is doing heroic or normal etc. After that you just have to use common sense after your guilds wipes to see what track you're on, take into consideration execute phase. You might get the kill realise hmm i could have gotten more dps from not using the glyph, and next time not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    A few things I can think of that some enhance shamans do and that is to hard cast LB's at 3-4 stacks, this is fine during ascendance, otherwise - don't.
    I just want some clarification on this quote as I might be reading it incorrectly. Are you saying that you should be hardcasting LB at 3-4 stacks during ascendance? If so this is 100% wrong to do, you should never be hardcasting during ascendance as your melee's during ascendance hit like a truck since they are all nature. If you run UE as a talent you should be hardcasting LB at MSWx3-4 in your priority queue while UF is up on your target and if you don't take UE you should still be hardcasting LB at MSWx1-4 when you A) won't delay another ability and B) have nothing else to push. I could just be reading what you wrote incorrectly, but just wanted to make sure that you're not advising people to hardcast during Ascendance.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Unfortuately the glyph really comes down to playing it by ear.

You look at the fight, make a best guess, try it out and just see if it lines up with DPS intervals as needed/expected.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    I just want some clarification on this quote as I might be reading it incorrectly. Are you saying that you should be hardcasting LB at 3-4 stacks during ascendance? If so this is 100% wrong to do, you should never be hardcasting during ascendance as your melee's during ascendance hit like a truck since they are all nature. If you run UE as a talent you should be hardcasting LB at MSWx3-4 in your priority queue while UF is up on your target and if you don't take UE you should still be hardcasting LB at MSWx1-4 when you A) won't delay another ability and B) have nothing else to push. I could just be reading what you wrote incorrectly, but just wanted to make sure that you're not advising people to hardcast during Ascendance.
    I don't use UF, but my sim says during ascendance in certain parts of the priority to hard cast during it :S

ST
    LBX5
    Pups
    SS/SB
    FS_UF
    LL
    LB X 4 if ascend up
    FS if UF up and UE has 5+
    UE
    LBx3+Ascen up
    Earth shock
    Earth ele
    LBX1+Ascen up

To be precise. Everyone always says 'sim it' whenever someone has a question about anything so i bloody simmed it!! >.<

What does your sim say :/ I run EM/PE, I'm happy for tips on simming if i'm doing it wrong..

I use simcraft, i import my toon, set iterations to 10k, change to high latency, light movement.
    Last edited by xap; 2013-05-07 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    it says

''lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up''

if im not mistaken the ! infront of something means ''if it isnt true''
    so you should hardcast always except when you have ascendance up..

Quote Originally Posted by agolubic77 View Post
    it says

''lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up''

if im not mistaken the ! infront of something means ''if it isnt true''
    so you should hardcast always except when you have ascendance up..
    You are correct - the ! syntax before any statement means to not use it then. So for the priority list in simcraft where it says:

lightning_bolt,if=set_bonus.tier15_2pc_melee=1&buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=4&!buff.ascend ance.up
    lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>1&!buff.ascendance.up

all say to NOT hardcast LB when Ascendance is up.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Rofl, my bad, thanks

Wait so i should be hard casting during non ascendance with EM/PE ?

Fucking code...

Deleted
    Hi,

I wonder if it worth it To cast lb during stormlash too , it seems i do far less dmg With stormlash than before singe i hard cast almost 1/2 of my lb

Deleted
    in my case stormlash is almost always lined up with ascendance..i use it on the pull, and when it comes again ill hold on to it until ascendance comes off cd again (3rd)..if the fight lenght isnt enough for next stormlash i will not hardcast during it (i even put stormstrike ahead of M*5 LB on priority list during it)..

i didnt do any research or math about it thou, so some1 more knowledgeable can help..
    Last edited by mmoc575f9dec64; 2013-05-08 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Well i raid as 25 Man. we usually have 4-6 sham in our raid, so every stormlash does ´ nt fit with cd