Deleted

the best post why someone quit wow (no trolling or raging JUST PURE FACTS)

source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1320151?page=1

post created by: butterskotch

Upon cancelling my subscription Blizzard asked me why.

There was too much info to squeeze into the paragraph and the ticked options were a bit flimsy. So, here's why...

1. Basic gameplay. 5/10
    Outdated combat systems and poor animations. The global cooldown is a necessary mechanic but there's no filler material - your character just stands there like a lemon when pausing. There's no connection to my character. There's no connection to NPCs.
    Yes during Shado Pan dailies I can get one panda to tag long but it's pathetic compared to even storming the Slavers at Washington Monument in Fallout 3.
    Quests are tedious and delivered in a tedious way.
    End-game is very very repetitive.
    There does not seem to be a distinction in class, merely in role. Is a shadow bolt really that different from a frost bolt?

The game is revolved around RNG. There's no two ways about it. You do not get rewarded based on how you played the encounter you are rewarded on your luck at that particular time. I could literally just be in the room and be afk and I would still get a chance at loot.

2. The Look - 4/10
    Graphics are extremely outdated. Even in MoP zones. The Jade Forest is very pretty but from then on it is a steep decline into the Dread Mess.
    Armour models don't fit together well or with weapons.
    Very limited character customization when first making a character.

MoP gear looks ridiculous. I don't even want to hear it. Even Cata gear looked pretty cool.
    However, mounts and pets are great.

Character animations are horrifically outdated and very unimpressive.
    Voice acting is sub-par and not used enough.
    Emotes are a stupid way to convey a story, particularly when they don't animate.
    NPC X hands you a glowy cup full of juice ... does he now? Because it looks like he's standing there scratching his own butt...
    Spells and abilities are also unimpressive compared to modern standards.

3. The Story
    No. It's laughable. What the heck is going on?
    Not only is there no link between expansions, there is no link back to vanilla. There may be for lore buffs but for us normal folk it's very very confusing and unbelievable (as in...yeah right).

4. End game and the World of Quecraft

I do enough queing at the supermarket.
    LFR and LFD, right I get the convenience of it and all that but it has killed off 25 man raiding completely (there used to be loads in Wrath) and it is killing off 10 mans.
    Think of raiding guilds as the local butchers and think of LFR as the Tesco's.
    Tesco is evil. LFR is evil.

5. MoP
    A Personal preference but I cannot stand MoP. I hate pandas, I hate that they're all supposed to be Chinese but they speak with Japanese accents. I don't understand why one minute I'm laughing (it is funny) at Anduin getting crushed by Garrosh and the next minute I'm fighting a troll, then a 3 headed serpent and then some dude called The Thunder King whom nobody has ever heard of and actually uses a lot more Lightning than he does Thunder.

Dailies...I've done them all now. Too many times. The only thing that stays fun with that much repetition is intercourse.

The Tillers are innovative and a great faction to build on. Yet Blizzard seems ignorant of this and keeps churning out faceless boring factions that spout dailies in unimaginative ways. They've got the building blocks but fail to use them.

To sum up.
    I'll use a Rome:Total War analogy.
    You know when you get to that point when you've got control of about 30 regions, and the Barbarians are slowly starting to rampage along your Eastern Front? You've got Spain, Italy and France under control but Germany is teteering on the edge. You've got those old worn down Hastai Units and a podgey general standing against the Horde.

In 3 turns time however the Marius reforms will take place. What you really should do is recall your troops, regroup and rock 'em out with those fancy new legionnaire cohorts.

But you don't. You try and hold off that horde with your poxy outdated Hastai and you get slaughtered by a naked chap painted blue riding a chariot.

Even if you've never played Rome:Total War you might see my point.

WoW has great potential.
    What's frustrating to me is that I can see it there (factions like the Tillers, some of the class abilities and descriptions, mounts...bosses etc) but it just isn't utilized to reach it's fullest potential. It's been going 8 years now with the same out-dated model. Same quests different names. Same spells different names.

Take WoW to be those out-dated Hastai trying to hold on against a lot of Angry blue barbarians (Xbox, Playstation, Wii, Rift, Everquest..etc)

Fundamentally (because you're Roman...um..) WoW is the best game but it lacks the polish. It lacks the shiny package, the sparkle.
    Basically, WoW is an un-enchanted weapon. It has no glow.

Why can't the NPCs come and find you for quests?
    Random encounters?
    Professions given more impact.
    An in-game notice board of realm accomplishments. (You know at the start of the xpac when it popped up with 'realm first!' well...where's a notice board in Stormwind for that? So people get to know people? And no I don't have a realm first.. but I'd like to know who does.)
    More interesting NPCs.
    Better graphics.
    Better character models.
    Better animations and spell animations.
    Better factions (build them like the tillers and halfhill market. Why doesn't SW have a market??).

So that's why I quit. WoW has no WoW factor. I mean really I've poured a lot of money into this game now and I can't even get a free character transfer for once character once. What's really fun about doing the same quest and the same LFR every week? Nothing, particularly when it's all done through a MENU. It's boring content delivered in a boring way. I could enjoy it if it was delivered in an exciting way. But the World of Quecraft through Menu's is not my idea of fun.

See y'all!

I'm gonna get me some Cohort's and whoop them Barbarians back to the snow-lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like the initial poster to show me an MMO that has all of the above.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    "I Quit" threads never end well and are not allowed. Closing
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."